Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 What have you accomplished today?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic What have you accomplished today? Next Topic  

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2009 :  2:27:32 PM  Show Profile
Wahooooooooooo I just finished my valentines.. (now I have a huge mess to cleanup)I cleaned up my kitchen, made my bed, tossed in a load of laundry, Updated my blogsite, fed my Sourdough starter.. Baking bread tomorrow...Fed the chickens, now reading recipe book to make something for Dinner tonight. I think something Chicken...
Cheryl

http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
Come visit the barn at http://barndoorcreations.blogspot.com/
Cheryl
Farmgirl #309
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude." Maya Angelou

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2009 :  2:40:19 PM  Show Profile
Are you going to show pictures of the Valetines? Or is that for the receiver to see? They are fun to make.
Nancy JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2009 :  2:55:27 PM  Show Profile
Oh No... I coul have, I never thought of it.. I already put them in their travel envelopes.. and paid their trainfare...

Cheryl
Farmgirl #309
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude." Maya Angelou
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2009 :  2:56:38 PM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
I worked out! I have to again! Cleaned organized did internet things etc :) OH and cleaned out my closet but still a mess!

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."

http://liggybitsandpieces.blogspot.com/
http://ligonierliving.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2009 :  3:12:22 PM  Show Profile
I accomplished having a very fun day!! My daughter and grandchildren and my granddaughter's boyfriend went to the movies today. We had a really good time. I know not very productive, but it sure was fun!

MJ

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

julia hayes
True Blue Farmgirl

1132 Posts

julia
medical lake wa
USA
1132 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2009 :  3:49:03 PM  Show Profile
I finished every single old project and bit of mending that I've had in this basket, for no lie, over 2 years!!! The stuff just kept piling up! So, I've been going through it piece by piece a little here and a little there for months! I'm DONE!!!

You know what this means? I can start NEW projects!! Woooohooooo! so, I went through all my fabric and patterns and started organizing and getting ready for a pattern cutting fest!

I managed to cut out one pattern for a Valentine's day dress for Aria...I took a basic pattern and changed it..This is my first time sewing something truly altered and outside the sewing instructions. I can't believe I might actually be able to pull it off. If it comes out cute, I'll take a picture and show you! This will be super good for me since I positively loathe Valentine's day. UGH!!! Little fun things like this help take the "gag me!" out of this particular holiday.

That's what I got done! 3 cheers !~julia

being simple to simply be
Farmgirl #30
www.julia42.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2875 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2875 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2009 :  3:55:01 PM  Show Profile
Oh my gosh, you guys are killin me with already having Valentines in order.. I still have my tree up!
Go to Top of Page

RuralSuburbia
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Leslie
Northern CA
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2009 :  5:14:53 PM  Show Profile
Yesterday I had hubby build a closet organizer shelf unit (that he said he couldn't build, lol) for my tiny walk-in closet, so today I organized our closet!
I also cleaned out and organized my younger son's closet. You'd think there wouldn't be much to go thru since we moved in only three months ago, but I have three big boxes in the garage already, for that Spring Neighborhood Yard Sale.
I also went shopping at a local western shop going out of business. Only came out with a cute shirt; NOT the fixtures I had my eye on months ago. It all sold!

*I've got stars in my eyes and exactly $1 in my pocket!*
Go to Top of Page

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2009 :  5:25:48 PM  Show Profile
I haven't even thought about Valentine's day yet. Lisa, that's too funny that your tree is still up. My dog took my tree down for me a couple weeks ago! Maybe you could just leave the red decorations on it and add some hearts and lace?!

Today, was a nice peaceful day. I didn't have any errands to run; didn't have to leave the house at all. I made 3 aprons, a few hot pad sets, and about 12-15 eyeglass cases.

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog:
http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/

[size=1]My apron website:
http://lisamariesaprons.bravehost.com [size=1]
Go to Top of Page

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2009 :  5:36:34 PM  Show Profile
Oh my, I had to take my 8 month old to the doctor and poor thing has bronchitis and ear infections so she had to get a shot, and now I have to do nebulizer treatments every 8 hours for her! I only got 2 loads of laundry washed and dried (they are both currently on the couch waiting to get folded), I cleaned out the fridge (ugh) and made pizza for supper. I am so ready for bed but laundry first!!!
Go to Top of Page

farmmom22
True Blue Farmgirl

616 Posts

Tammy
Scottsville KY
USA
616 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2009 :  5:58:08 PM  Show Profile
You guys are putting me to shame! I had to take my daughter to the dentist to get a tooth pulled and cavity filled, went through some baby things to give to a friend of mine who is expecting, a couple of loads of laundry, ran dishwasher twice(needs to be run again), started writing down some recipes for citychick, cooked supper, and started reading The Secret Life of Bees. So I guess I did accomplish something even though it doesn't look that way!

Best farm wishes
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2009 :  7:00:18 PM  Show Profile
Sometimes just making the plan to do something productive is enough.. Prioritize & then proceed..Gosh I jhave a lot of things Planned...

Cheryl
Farmgirl #309
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2009 :  8:51:27 PM  Show Profile
I guess today, I wasn't very productive. lol.
I did the dishes after getting the kids cleaned up. I embroidered a face on my new dolly and put quilt squares together. I went out to dinner just hubby and I and I've been hanging out online for the last 3.5 hours...**yawns** time for bed me thinks.
Hopefully tomorrow will be more productive. ;)
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Life should NOT be a jounrey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, latte in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming. "WOOHOO, what a ride!"

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

farmprincess
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

Crystal
Abbotsford British Columbia
Canada
16 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2009 :  11:47:47 PM  Show Profile
Funny i should stumble across this thread. I was just feeling very happy with myself for all i got done today. Woke up, had a shower, did dishes, organized the baby nursery (again), finally got the Christmas tree down (you've got your Valentines done already? :S), got the curtains cut for the nursery, dug out, my sewing machine (an antique), did some shopping, got some laundry done, had a visit with a friend and, oh yeah, looked after my new 6 week old son all day! I finally feel like i am getting back to some semblance of "normal life", whatever that is. Anyway, I feel really good about myself today and can't wit to see what i can tackle tomorrow.

Motherhood is the adventure that lasts a lifetime.
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2009 :  12:01:08 AM  Show Profile
Wow, Crystal! You did really great for having a new 6 week old! Congratulations btw! :) I miss my kiddos being so small. Have to love and adore that stage while you can. All too quickly it is over. ;) Glad you made it the farm! :)

Hugs!

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Life should NOT be a jounrey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, latte in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming. "WOOHOO, what a ride!"

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

downbranchroad
True Blue Farmgirl

374 Posts

Joy
Southern KY
USA
374 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2009 :  03:00:32 AM  Show Profile  Send downbranchroad a Yahoo! Message
Yesterday was a day off for me. My last holiday until the end of May:(. I piddled around the house most of the day and was worn out last night. Done a couple loads of clothes, ran the swiffer through the house (even under things!), dusted two rooms, cleaned the bathroom, mopped the utility room and kitchen,took out the trash and walked the dogs a couple of times.
Then went to a friends house and helped her put up a wall paper border in her kitchen. Came home and fixed Pinto Beans (had them in the crock pot all day), fried potatoes, Mac and tomatoes, pork chops, cornbread and chocoalte cake. What a way to spend my last holiday off for months, right?
I will take a personal day or two before then I am sure.
Girls, my dream is to someday have a small farm and get to stay at home. Tell me how you all do it. Right now we have 2 acres just inside the city limits of a very small town. I would even be happy to have a few chickens, maybe a couple of goats or sheep, and get to stay at home. ha

Appalachian Girl
Jem

*If you always do what you have always done, you will always get what you have always got.

http://downbranchroad.blogspot.com

Edited by - downbranchroad on Jan 20 2009 03:02:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2009 :  05:50:50 AM  Show Profile
Yesterday I did dishes, emptied trash, went to my post op doctor visit, then it was off to the grocery store. Put groceries away, fed critters, made dinner, did dinner dishes, took a long soak in the tub, watched some tv and went to bed.

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!

http://farmgirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic What have you accomplished today? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page