Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Reading Room
 Other "down to earth" magazine recommendations??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Reading Room: Previous Topic Other "down to earth" magazine recommendations?? Next Topic
Page: of 2

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  12:19:55 PM  Show Profile
Amen to THAT Joy!!! I would rather learn USEFUL things myself as well. I LOOOOVE farm life and the critters don't care what I look like!

Even when I was young I didn't read all those frou-frou glamour magazines. NO ONE looks like those pictures in real life ANYWAY! Not even the women in the pictures! I'm so glad that many Hollywood stars are stepping up and saying --- "Yeah, I look that AFTER a TEAM of experts have painted, taped, plastered, stuffed, powdered, POOFED, and AIRBRUSHED my photos." Valerie Bertinelli was the latest star to have cameras follow her around BEFORE and AFTER a photo shoot. It's nice to see that SOME of those celebrities are rather humble folk like us and want to pop the bubble of "Perfection" Hollywood has created. It lets young people know that most-- if not ALL of what they see in that particular world is nothing but pure fantasy.

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  1:42:41 PM  Show Profile
I love Piecework magazine,I subscribed to it for years, but it is a bit expensive. It's lovely, all kinds of needle work, published by Taunton. Check it out at the library, it is a real delight...

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2009 :  3:40:50 PM  Show Profile
I agree with the magazines that show only skinny perfectly made up women. Who has time for that in the real world? Even though now a farming magazine, Today's Christian Woman is a pretty good magazine as well.
Rae

I love living in the country!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Reading Room: Previous Topic Other "down to earth" magazine recommendations?? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page