Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 What are some yummy ways to eat beets?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic What are some yummy ways to eat beets? Next Topic
Page: of 2

luganlass
Farmgirl in Training

26 Posts

Cindy
Petaluma CA
USA
26 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2009 :  11:43:21 PM  Show Profile  Send luganlass a Yahoo! Message
I had a farmboy boyfriend who showed me how to make Roasted Root Vegetables. We did small potatoes and beets and organic baby carrots, rub them with olive oil and sprinkle with pepper, or garlic salt or whatever you like then roast in the oven, I put the carrots in later because they cook faster.
Go to Top of Page

Quintessential Kate
True Blue Farmgirl

175 Posts

Kate
Tyler TX
USA
175 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  06:34:10 AM  Show Profile
I like to cook them, peel them and pour some rice vinegar over them and then let them cool. I keep them in a jar in the refrigerator...they keep forever.
Ciao, Kate

Heart of Texas
Chapter
AKA: Hot Farmgirl #234
http://quintessentialkate.blogspot.com

Today is my best day!
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4739 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4739 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2009 :  07:33:14 AM  Show Profile
We prefer our beets roasted too. My husband is originally from Iran. When he was a child, the beet vendors used to set up where the kids got off the bus every afternoon in the fall & winter. My husband said the smell of roasted sugar beets was impossible to resist and much to his mom's dismay, he would buy one & eat it before dinner. It is one of his favorite memories from Tehran.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic What are some yummy ways to eat beets? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page