Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Priorities matching your lifestyle
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Priorities matching your lifestyle Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2009 :  09:56:28 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I think we can finally say "Yes, our priorities are matching up with how we choose to live in the world."

For instance, some of our priorities are:
1. Lot of family time, watching movies, going to places, experiencing many different opportunites, cultures, food, atmosphere.
2. School- for all 3 of us.
3. Health and well being

By actually downsizing and focusing less of cleaning, organizing and "Stuff", I am finding the priorities in our lives are getting the attention they deserve. We have completly overhauled our lifestyles to achieve these things.

I no longer spend hours cleaning a house and sorting, sorting, sorting and hoping it stays clean for more than an hour. Now, I come home to a pretty clean, neat, calm house and can relax and not rush around to get things done. I also now have made a bi-weekly appointmetn for a pedicure and a monthly appointment to get my hair done. Honestly, before, I never had the time. This increases my happiness and self love, which reflects back to my family.

Charlie now plays with the toys he loves and the rest were donated (I kept a small bin of the one's I love for smaller kiddos,,,because you never know ). It was tough but now, he can pick out one certain thing to play with and pick up is a breeze. I just need to find a wooden toy box for all of his things.

We now also have time for board games as a family. It is great to lazily play for 2 hours and enjoy the fun.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2009 :  11:34:11 AM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
Ah yes, I've been doing this too. I have been wanting to give attention to things that I care about:) I want to be there for my kids when I have them instead of working to give loads of stuff. :) Keep up the good work!

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."

http://liggybitsandpieces.blogspot.com/
http://ligonierliving.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Priorities matching your lifestyle Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page