Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Catergorizing to declutter Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2009 :  10:08:15 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
I was getting overwhelmed by all the things and trying to decided to I catergorized, starting with my clothes. All jeans in one pile, all tank tops in another, etc...then I picked my favorite 3-4, hung them up or folded them and then picked through the rest. Really helped me pick just what I loved.

Same thing in the kitchen. I put all the glasses together, all the tupperware, all the big bowls.

It is making my life that much easier and by pulling everything out, together, I can make sense of it all.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2009 :  10:28:08 AM  Show Profile
My grandma used to tell me, "put like with like" then you will know where everything is.

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2009 :  11:03:15 AM  Show Profile
I am in the prosses of a kitchen remodel and have my entire kitchen is in 2 somewhat large boxes I have no Idea what I am going to fill all these new cupboards with.
Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

simplyflowers
True Blue Farmgirl

489 Posts

Jamie
Locust Grove Virginia
USA
489 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2009 :  03:57:31 AM  Show Profile
This is the way I live for the most part! I have too. I get a bit nutty otherwise! People say I have OCD...[I say CDO...cause that's OCD but if alphabetical order LOL]...but I find things faster and am spending more time doing what I want and not looking for what I need.

Generally it varies....My closet is basically grouped by type..front left to right it goes short skirts, long skirts, overalls, jeans, casual pants, work slacks, sweaters, dress shirts, casual shirts, long dresses, and special stuff I wear on special occassions.

The snack cabinet is grouped by strictly size...It must be in order by size..things are easier to see. Easier to grab. Easier for us to put away.

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Check out my blog!! http://bestcoupleintown.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2009 :  06:16:51 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for the posts! I am known as a scatterbrain and although I thought I did a lot by putting all my "dress" clothes into one closet and all my "casuals" in another, I was still not happy with the way they were arranged. I am going home tonight and putting all of the same stuff together (skirts with skirts, etc.) sounds so simple when you read it ....never really thought about it. have lived in jeans for over 4 years and am just now trying to start "dressing" up some for work. much fun but still too scattered even for me...
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

simplyflowers
True Blue Farmgirl

489 Posts

Jamie
Locust Grove Virginia
USA
489 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2009 :  08:15:45 AM  Show Profile
Cool Janiee!! It makes it real easy to find things.

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Check out my blog!! http://bestcoupleintown.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Cleaning Up: Previous Topic Catergorizing to declutter Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page