Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 Gooseberry Patch cookbook to barter
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Gooseberry Patch cookbook to barter Next Topic  

Tin Lizzie
True Blue Farmgirl

91 Posts

Tx
USA
91 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2009 :  06:27:43 AM  Show Profile
I need a 14 inch quilting hoop...not the thin embroidery hoop but the wider quilting hoop. I have a Gooseberry Patch One Pot Meals Cookbook to barter..it is 222 pages...has some wonderful winter time recipes!

Tin Lizzie
True Blue Farmgirl

91 Posts

Tx
USA
91 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2009 :  06:44:49 AM  Show Profile
I also have Jennifer Chiaverini's Circle of Quilters I can throw in with the cookbook! I forgot to add that to my post
Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2009 :  08:35:31 AM  Show Profile
Hey Darlene....so cool to finally see spmeone on here tha is somewhat in my "area"....lol....Well, I don't have a 14 inch hoop, but I do have the plastic square quilters block.....I bought both the small and the large one, but the small one is all I ever use for my hand embroidery. I haven't even opened the large one!!!! Anyhow, I always used the hoops before, and then I decided to try this, and I can honestly say that I'll never go back to the hoops....but that's just me!!!...lol when assembled, the inside diameter is 16 inches.....So, just let me know if you are interested!!! Thanks, Kelley
Go to Top of Page

Tin Lizzie
True Blue Farmgirl

91 Posts

Tx
USA
91 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2009 :  11:14:55 AM  Show Profile
Hi! is winnsboro up around tyler? I am actually wanting the hoop to do rug hooking. I have just started teaching myself and didn't want to invest in a rug hooking frame yet(a good one can be from $200 on up) until I see if I am going to really enjoy it and some people said that they learned to hook on a hoop until they decided to buy a frame also. I am not familiar with a quilter's block...how does it work? if I am not interested I would still be glad to send you on the cookbook and book! always happy to share! darlene
Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2009 :  09:00:44 AM  Show Profile
what I'm calling a block is a PVC square with plastic "things" (half round)that snap your fabric down over the PVC tubes and holds it in place...I know that there is a name for this contraption, just can't think of it right now....lol...it's been one of those days.....oh, and yeah, I'm about 30 miles north of tyler, like i said, we aren't exactly neighbors, but we are in the same "neck of the woods"....lol...as far as the book goes, you can save it for someone who has what you're looking for, i just thought you might like the PVC frame....thanks bunches....kelley
Go to Top of Page

Tin Lizzie
True Blue Farmgirl

91 Posts

Tx
USA
91 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2009 :  3:21:33 PM  Show Profile
oh ok. no..I don't think that would work. thanks anyway though! I made a trip to tyler today and bought a hoop at HL...also visited the quilting and thrift stores there...it was a nice day to be out!
Go to Top of Page

farmmom22
True Blue Farmgirl

616 Posts

Tammy
Scottsville KY
USA
616 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2009 :  06:04:15 AM  Show Profile
Darlene, I'm e-mailing you. Thanks, Tammy

Best farm wishes
Go to Top of Page

Tin Lizzie
True Blue Farmgirl

91 Posts

Tx
USA
91 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2009 :  06:16:12 AM  Show Profile
emailed you back!
Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Gooseberry Patch cookbook to barter Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page