Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Counted Cross Stitch Question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Counted Cross Stitch Question Next Topic  

carolbrigid
True Blue Farmgirl

263 Posts

Carol
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
263 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2009 :  12:59:14 PM  Show Profile  Send carolbrigid a Yahoo! Message
Okay, I know one of my Farmgirl sisters will know the answer to this. I have always done counted cross stitch using regular aida cloth and regular cross stitch.

My question is, I bought a sampler to cross stitch and I did not notice it when I bought the pattern (my dumb fault for not paying attention) and it says on the back, "model stitched on 32 ct. Cafe Kona linen using 1 strand of floss unless otherwise indicated." The stitch count is 101 x 165, design area is 6.3" x 10.3". The pattern is called, "Quaker Bee Sampler" designed by Chessie & Me.

My question is do I have to buy linen cloth to make this? If so, is the linen as easy to work with as the aida cloth Im used to using?

Thank you,

Farmgirl Hugs,
Carol

Farmgirl Sister #222
Member, Crafty Bay Farmgirl Chapter

MagnoliaWhisper
True Blue Farmgirl

2817 Posts

Heather
Haysville Kansas
USA
2817 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2009 :  3:00:01 PM  Show Profile
As long as it's a counted xstitch pattern you can use any material you want, just make sure you do the math correctly on the count of aida you use, to cut it to the correct size. However, it may not looking exactly like how they meant it to look. IE it may be a smoother look on the linen, but it should look like all your other aida projects.

http://www.heathersprairie.blogspot.com

Edited by - MagnoliaWhisper on Jan 13 2009 3:00:52 PM
Go to Top of Page

carolbrigid
True Blue Farmgirl

263 Posts

Carol
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
263 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2009 :  07:25:03 AM  Show Profile  Send carolbrigid a Yahoo! Message
Thank you, Heather. So I don't have to do the over two stitching using the linen? That's why I've never used the linen. Doing the over two stitching looks a little complicated to me. I am sure it would look better on the linen though, smoother as you say.

Farmgirl Hugs,
Carol

Farmgirl Sister #222
Member, Crafty Bay Farmgirl Chapter
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Counted Cross Stitch Question Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page