Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Barnyard Buddies
 Nicotine patches for turkeys?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Nicotine patches for turkeys? Next Topic  

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2009 :  8:05:51 PM  Show Profile
Yep, you read it right....LOL......Mildred McGobbleSticks seems to have taken a liking to tabacco....??? I don't get it, I mean, yeah, as a kid we had a horse that loved to reach in my fathers truck windows when they got left down and devour his packs of cigs that he would leave on his dash....But a turkey that is so addicted, that she has actually jumped up and grabbed lit cigs from friends hands and swallowed them whole???? She never fails to amaze us!!!! And i know that can't be good for her, but it seems she just won't learn!!!! Yet she is so sneaky and gentle about it!!! It's not like she stalks the smokers and then attacks...LOL... she does it ever so gently, yet QUICKLY!!! Plus.....she dove in head first to a bowl of cherry jello today.......Who would have thunk it??? A turkey that smokes cigs and eats cherry Jello?......LOL......Kelley

stacyluu
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

stacy
tuttle oklahoma
USA
24 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2009 :  8:10:24 PM  Show Profile
ok...mildred is such a character...i DO think the children's books idea would make you some serious cash...but maybe you should leave her nicotine addiction out!....i love reading about her!..they need to have a topic on just mildred!!! thanks for sharing the laughs!
Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2009 :  8:15:31 PM  Show Profile
yeah, probably shouldn't put the nicotine addiction in the childrens book.....just wouldn't be right.....but i'm notkidding, she's the funniest pet I can ever remember having!!!
Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2009 :  8:23:08 PM  Show Profile
And as far as the book thing goes...my husband has been saying the exact same thing!!.....I did used to win all kinds of writting awards in my school years...UIL Creative Writting and Ready Writting Awards, as a matter of fact I was the only student in our school who was awarded every single year ( 4th grade - graduation)for special projects....but enough about me, starting to feel "braggy"..lol...I did spend years dreaming of being a famous author...but I don't know, it has been a long time since I've written.....Maybe I should give it a try...If nothing else, atleast i know of a few farmgals who would buy a copy, right....LOL....thanks Stacy!!! Kelley
Go to Top of Page

Julia
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Julia
Shelton WA
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2009 :  9:36:58 PM  Show Profile
That is the most hilarous thing I have heard in a long time. You don't have a still hidden anywhere do you?

For tomorrow and its needs I do not pray, but keep me, guide me, love me, Lord just for today.
St. Augustine
Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2009 :  08:13:17 AM  Show Profile
No, Julia, we don't have a still anywhere, and that is probably a good thing.....could you imagine a smoking and drinking Turkey???....LOL.....However, she does tke her coffee with a little cream and a little sugar....LOL.....If I ever walk off and leave my half full coffee cup sitting on the table next to my rocking chair on the front porch, she will stick her head in and take a few sips any chance she gets....she's just plum "human" acting, huh?....LOL.......kelley
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2009 :  08:26:07 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That is too funny! I shared Mildred's story with my husband last night and I thought he was going to fall off his chair laughing and this guy is soooo not into rural type things! So I was surprised when he realized how humorous Mildred is!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com

Edited by - Alee on Jan 11 2009 08:26:40 AM
Go to Top of Page

homesteaderbelle
True Blue Farmgirl

391 Posts

Belle

USA
391 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2009 :  11:49:00 PM  Show Profile  Click to see homesteaderbelle's MSN Messenger address
Mildred is a very interesting bird.

Belle

http://www.homesteaderbelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Tin Lizzie
True Blue Farmgirl

91 Posts

Tx
USA
91 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2009 :  06:01:56 AM  Show Profile
that is hilarious!! my brother, who lived just down the lane from us had a pet turkey several years ago. he moved up to our house because I was home during the day and he was lonely I guess. Several times a day he would come up on the back porch and peck on our back window and gobble until I came to the window so he could see me. He would be satisfied for awhile and amble off and then in a little bit here he would come again. He was a character too. We had a lot of fun out of him.
Go to Top of Page

janiee
True Blue Farmgirl

820 Posts

Janie
Shawnee Oklahoma
USA
820 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2009 :  06:12:36 AM  Show Profile
I love the stories of Mildred! please consider writing them down...I would purchase it!
janiee
farmgirl #390
Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2009 :  09:09:35 AM  Show Profile
ya'll are so sweet!!! Mildred really is a character, when we have company, they all just laugh and laugh at her!! My husbands boss asks him EVERY day "hows that turkey doin'?" and my husband is also pushing the book thing! I just don't know where to start....It has been alot of years since school when I used to write and win awards all the time....As a matter of fact, just las night my husband asked if I had started writting anything yet...lol....I think he just likes to "edit" my work....lol...anyhow...thanks for the feedback, I'll keep ya'll updated on the Marvelous Mildred!!!....kelley
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Nicotine patches for turkeys? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page