Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **Welcome Wagon
 Farmgirl is a Condition of the Heart
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirl is a Condition of the Heart Next Topic  

sourjayne
worker bee

67 Posts

sarah
seattle washington
67 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2004 :  11:51:55 AM  Show Profile
It seems some of you gals are under the assumption that to be a part of the Farmgirl Connection, you have to live on a farm! I want to clear it up right now -- that certainly isn't the case!

This whole thing got started when MaryJane and Cindylou were sittin' on the front porch one day, just chattin' about this and that... They came to the conclusion that "farmgirls, those of us living or longing to live in the country, are just about everybody we know, girls anyhow."

Anyone who so much as dreams of raising chickens, goats, pigs, or growing vegetables, herbs, berries, and flowers, even in the tiniest garden in the back yard or, heck, even on the balcony of a city apartment building is a farmgirl in our book.

We truly believe that "farmgirl is a condition of the heart." At heart, you know if you're a farmgirl. Owning a lot of land isn't the only thing that entitles you to sharing ideas, and sharing ideas is what this is all about. We know you daydream, poke around, read, research, and ask questions, wherever you are. So don't be shy! Let's hear it! Join in ... sign up, hop on the farm wagon and join the discussion.

Sarah (sourjayne)

No artificial sweeteners added.

Kim
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

Kim
Pflugerville Texas
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2004 :  9:21:57 PM  Show Profile
Sarah
I totally agree. We don't live on a farm, but is in my heart. I wish more women would use this fantastic site. It's a great way to meet other people who feel the same way, exchange ideas, recipes etc. I hope more join in for the fun! I check the site everyday looking for other "farmgirls at HEART!" to talk to.

farmgirl@heart
Longaberger Lover and all things antique
Go to Top of Page

girl_friday
worker bee

15 Posts

Dory
Troy Idaho
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Apr 07 2004 :  07:10:41 AM  Show Profile
I agree with Sarah. I haven't lived on a farm since I was a kid. But that hasn't stopped me from dreaming of vegetable gardens every spring. It seems every new town my family moves to (my husband is in the military)we plan gardens. We long for the farm life. It is great to find others that understand what we feel.
Go to Top of Page

Juliekay
True Blue Farmgirl

237 Posts

237 Posts

Posted - Apr 08 2004 :  08:42:21 AM  Show Profile
Even though I have never lived on a farm, we always had a lot of room in our yard, and I spent a lot of time outdoors. I can't wait to start growing stuff. I would like to move somewhere that there is more room to grow things even if only on a terrace.

But even if I am not a success at growing things, I will have pursued my dream.

Julie
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Apr 13 2004 :  10:13:23 PM  Show Profile
I agree totally. Our place is small now, and I have lived on bigger places and in town more and even apartments when I was younger, but I was ALWAYS a farmgirl!!!!

bloom where you are planted!
Go to Top of Page

teripittman
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

Teri
Camas WA
USA
16 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2004 :  03:42:59 AM  Show Profile
Do you qualify as a farmgirl if you have a batch of chicks in your upstairs bedroom?

You'd be surprised what you can do with a third of an acre.

Teri
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Farmgirl is a Condition of the Heart Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page