5 acre Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1007 Posts

~~~*Terri*~~~
WA.
USA
1007 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2008 :  7:33:45 PM  Show Profile
I have deleted this in the wrong place....

Edited by - 5 acre Farmgirl on Feb 16 2009 11:37:52 AM

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2008 :  10:32:03 PM  Show Profile
You know, I'm glad to hear you say this Terri. I've always half-joked that we were just spoiled by eating mostly what we grow ourselves and organic where we can afford it. But I swear since changing our lifestyle and diets, we have lost our tolerance for a lot of "foods" that stores sell. It not only tastes awful, but makes you feel overfed and yet hungry an hour later.
About a year ago my dh wanted KFC for a treat. Honestly, it took us about three days before we felt better!! Never again!
So maybe it's not all in my head afterall!
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2008 :  11:50:07 PM  Show Profile
I agree. I raised by very nutrition minded parents and we were never allowed processed foods, i could go on, but we had mainly home grown and home raised foods. I always wanted the "other stuff" and was sorry afterwards when I did. So it is not in your head---Good food is just plain good for you. MB

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

IdlewildFarmMom
Farmgirl in Training

15 Posts

Missy
Centre AL
USA
15 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2008 :  09:04:00 AM  Show Profile
Similar experences here as well..ranging from the KFC treat, Walmart deli chicken, our local BBQ place, and a few others. There are very few "out" places that we can eat anymore without feeling sick afterwards. Apparently we are 'stubborn' and it takes us at least 2-3 times getting sick at a place before we give it up <smile>.

Idlewild Farm Mom
~~Missy in AL~~
Go to Top of Page

marcy jo
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Marcy
Wawaka Indiana
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2009 :  10:30:56 AM  Show Profile  Send marcy jo a Yahoo! Message
I have the same problem..I feel awful after I eat "other" food!!

Marcy #257

When I stand before God at the end of my life I hope that I would not have a bit of talent left and could say “I used everything You gave me”.(erma bombeck)
Go to Top of Page

MsCwick
True Blue Farmgirl

775 Posts

Cristine
Farmville Virginia
USA
775 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2009 :  11:14:07 AM  Show Profile
How about raging mood swings from eating garbage food? My husband banned me from eating chinese and pizza! It's like after I eat, my chemicals go crazy and I turn into a mean little devil! Between the poor nutrition, the fat, and the cost, it totally makes me go bonkers!
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2009 :  11:45:05 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
I agree with all of you. I've been off red meat, chicken and turkey for 15 years. If I get something with meat in it accidentally, I'm sick the next day. Two days ago, I was served a tuna(still eat fish)melt sandwich with greasy bacon on it. I sent it back, but the idiot in the kitchen just took the bacon off. The second time I sent it back, I think he scraped off some of the tuna and put new back on. The next day, I felt like I'd been poisoned. And anything with sugar makes me regret it in a matter of minutes. :(

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

DaisyFarm
True Blue Farmgirl

1646 Posts

Diane
Victoria BC
Canada
1646 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2009 :  11:49:45 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Bee Haven

And anything with sugar makes me regret it in a matter of minutes.

This caught my eye as my dd has developed this problem along with a lower GI bleed. Any ideas about why? Could it be an intestinal yeast problem?
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2009 :  12:39:35 PM  Show Profile
I agree with all of you too, it is a well known fact indeed!
Most homegrown veggies, meats etc are way better for ya than what you buy in the supermarket

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Again new creations added, too cute lol. Come and check it out!!
http://princess-of-pink-creations.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2009 :  2:13:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
With me, Diane, it's the sugar high for a very short time, then the crash and burn thing. I probably have a blood sugar issue. My energy level will spike immediately and fool me into thinking that I've got a ton of energy. Then, almost immediately(has gotten worse as I've gotten older and have less tolerance), I hit bottom. And it really just makes me feel ill anymore. And still, I do it once in a while, knowing the consequences. Before I hit menopause and still had monthly periods, the afternoon energy drop before my periods was so bad I could hardly stay awake. So I would go for a quick fix to ramp up my energy, then crash again...over and over...

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4737 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4737 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2009 :  07:50:28 AM  Show Profile
I've experienced the same thing. I feel queasy or achy too from food that has preservatives in it. I have really noticed how restaurants around here don't use fresh ingredients like I do. So we don't eat out much at all. Even when we go to the arboretum or botanic garden now, I pack our own lunches. I can't wait until summer so we can eat our own homegrown produce.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Linda Houston
True Blue Farmgirl

538 Posts

Linda
Lake Charles Louisiana
USA
538 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2009 :  4:01:30 PM  Show Profile
Dito for me....I rarely eat out, only when a "gang" of us decide to do a girls lunch. Then I eat sparingly.

Have you ever heard so much about contaminated food? That's another subject !!!
Go to Top of Page
  **News from MaryJanesFarm: Previous Topic deleted.... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page