Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Free Pattern: let's talk dolls!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Free Pattern: let's talk dolls!! Next Topic
Page: of 3

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2008 :  11:22:09 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Hi gals, I was emotional yesterday and realized I wanted comforted and remembered how much I really love soft dolls, like homemade rag dolls. I have a couple that have been there for me for years. I hug them and sometimes sleep with them. The best is making a new one...especially just for me.
On my couch here all the time is one that Frannie sent me a long time ago...and she's wonderful, always there.
Anyone who loves them, makes them, collects them lets' talk/chat here. I also have a 36" very big Barbie,,,she's not cuddly but I enjoy her standing there smiling at me...

Linda in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Have a wonderful Farmgirl New Year!!

Edited by - yarnmamma on Jan 07 2009 06:12:25 AM

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2008 :  11:26:06 AM  Show Profile
I have always loved dolls, and still have al mine from when I was an iddy biddy girl! I have the one our father gave me when I was just a few months old, so sweet.
And my baby doll my grandmamma and granddaddy gave me, and my barbies too.
I didn't have many dolls but the ones I had I loved them all, and still do!

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Again new creations added, too cute lol. Come and check it out!!
http://princess-of-pink-creations.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2008 :  11:41:43 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I buy myself a doll once in awhile and plan to make her clothes someday..doesn't come very often. I like all Barbies too! I had a Pocahantas Barbie one time and she was so beautiful! I don't have my childhood dolls any longer but remember my big bride doll...I loved her. My first Barbie wore knitted clothes that I made myself at a very young age...that was great to learn at age 9. :-)

Linda in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2008 :  11:43:45 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I do have a few little dollys that display the mini aprons for me...I need more room to put them....collect lots of aprons...lol

Linda in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

ThePixiesPlayhouse
True Blue Farmgirl

127 Posts

Terri
Biggs CA
127 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2008 :  11:44:41 AM  Show Profile
I have made waldorf style dolls (cotton knit skin, wool stuffing, etc.) My daughter has always loved them. I even made a mermaid one for her.
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2701 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2701 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2008 :  3:35:07 PM  Show Profile
Now this is a subject close to my heart. I love dolls. I love to collect them and make them. I was making porcelain dolls until the teacher moved and stopped the classes. I love making cloth dolls as well. I have just gotten some adorable cloth doll patterns from Carolee dolls and I just started cutting out the material for one. I also sculpt in clay, but they are more doll figurines, I suppose. I would really love to learn and have been practacing how to sculpt life like figures, but boy is it hard! Hopefully one day I will be as good as Maureen Carlson, who's work I love. Right now I am also finishing up a Raggedy Ann and Andy with cloth bodies and porcelain heads and hands. I started them in class, but never finished them. Hopefully I will get those finished soon. All I have to do is put yarn hair on them and make up some clothing.
What is everyone else working on? Or collecting?

Farmgirl #170

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

Edited by - Marcy on Dec 31 2008 07:53:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2008 :  3:37:52 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I love how this topic is going....anyone have pics?

Linda in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

ThePixiesPlayhouse
True Blue Farmgirl

127 Posts

Terri
Biggs CA
127 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2008 :  08:35:57 AM  Show Profile
This is not the best picture. It was taken 3 years ago.......but my daughter still plays with her waldorf doll I made...and loves it.

Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2008 :  09:50:48 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
what a great pic! Daughter is adorable too!
thanks so much...I have looked at Waldorf internet sites but didn't really see how to make them. I didn't understand. I think I'll stick to the simplest again.
I have made sculptured dolls with lots of body pieces and they came out good. It's so much fun. Right now I am craving a new soft very simple almost flat doll....there was a pillow doll on link Apron and Etc. topic were talking about a few days ago. It's square pillow with head, arms and legs added...looked very comfy!

Linda in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2008 :  09:54:49 AM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I made my son a "pancake style" boy doll and enlarged a pattern 100%..I think that's 10 times the size. Anyway the doll wears a size 2 clothes (he had outgrown) The blue jeans look cute on any boy doll. Danny asked for blue hair so he's got blue hair..lol
It's almost like a pillow so he likes that.

Linda in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

Ronna
True Blue Farmgirl

1891 Posts

Ronna
Fernley NV
USA
1891 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2008 :  12:25:45 PM  Show Profile
Linda,
You know I'm a doll person. Do have some vintage ones that need to go live where they'll be loved, will take photos and put them up for adoption. My favorite vintage are Toni's. Have mine from the early 50's, was my last doll when I was 6, cause mother thought we were too old for dolls...sister was 11. So, to prove that it's never too old to have a happy childhood, I now have lots of Toni's, probably over a dozen. And an antique (yes, she's over 100, was given to me in 1953 by the original owner) and some porcelain/bisque babies too. My goal is to make heirloom clothing for the antiques, along with christening gowns.
My daughter still has all her Barbies plus the clothes her grandma sewed, knit and crocheted for them. I've found her some vintage clothing too and accessories. My son still has his Bucky doll, a boy doll that made musical sounds when his arms, legs and tummy were squeezed. yes, the kids are collectors too, nearly as bad and their mom.
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2008 :  2:11:49 PM  Show Profile
We made dolls when we got together on MJ's farm last spring. SO fun - I gave mine to my dil, who loves primitive dolls.

Farmgirl Sister #98
Check out my new online store
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2008 :  2:18:42 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
I have seen the Farmgirl forum topic with tutorial from Frannie....it is a few years old but could be found thru search somehow...anyone want to see that? Seems Alee is alot of help with finding things. I could look if anyone is interested and post a link here. It is Primitive doll like the ones Frannie makes and sells...her site is so much fun and she teaches us all of it! I have used some of her coffee or tea dying technique for the muslin for the dolls skin. It's fun too.

Linda in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2008 :  3:10:45 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
here is the doll I got from Frannie..
I think she is so beautiful and feminine

Linda in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2008 :  3:15:38 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
closer view...shows her size and pretty face

Linda in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

cinnamongirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1682 Posts

Carrie

Canada
1682 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2008 :  4:28:58 PM  Show Profile
Well I just scooted over here to see pics. All the dollies are so cute. Treating your inner girl that is so cool Linda
Go to Top of Page

Tina Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

6948 Posts

Tina
sunshine state FL
USA
6948 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2008 :  4:39:21 PM  Show Profile
I have a doll that back when I was 7.. my folks had a couple of years that were very rough financially..and a Salvation Army group provided our Christmas presents for us kids..one of my gifts was a vintage jointed porcelain baby doll/tiny doll dressed in a christening gown with tiny blue bows on her sleeves(even back then she was "old")..I still have her 33 yrs later..although the dress is very worn now and her leg band has deteriotated over the years. I will have to have her repaired at some point.
(..ooops I just told my age..yikes...ha)
anyhow..I still have that wee doll.
I also have a few that I have acquired recently...a darling red riding hood doll that sits on my computer monitor(she looks more like an "art doll" she is a vintage Bradley doll with the big eyes and tiny heart shaped mouth), and then I recently found a really cute doll from Scandinavia..vintage little guy.
I have photos of the red riding hood doll on my blog, and somewhere on there the little Scandinavian doll too.

~I Dream of a Better World..where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned!~
blogs:http://gardengoose.blogspot.com/
and http://thevictorygardener.blogspot.com
magazine: www.stliving.net
etsy shops: http://GardenGooseGifts.etsy.com
and http://myvictorygarden.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2008 :  7:49:29 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
found a link that shows doll made in summer 2007 by Naomi Michelle...Tina's daughter...I have been searching in general and happy to post this much.
I LOVE this doll
http://picasaweb.google.com/GourdMaster/MissFrannieSDolly#

Linda in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2008 :  8:01:29 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message

made for Naomi by Frannie (primitive)

Linda in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2008 :  8:04:12 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message

Linda in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2008 :  8:08:09 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Naomi made for Frannie
this was a doll swap done Spring 2007 sounds fun!!

Linda in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2008 :  8:10:13 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message

Linda in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2008 :  8:13:31 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message

on the site thru the link I posted earlier Naomi talks about the dye she used and the primitive look

Linda in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Go to Top of Page

Naomi Michelle
True Blue Farmgirl

1563 Posts

Naomi
Sunshine State
USA
1563 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2008 :  8:31:59 PM  Show Profile
haha...I forgot about this girl! she was so fun to make...oooh....I forgot that I used leather dye on her....cool...thought it was just a strong batch of tea...

~Naomi~

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be-Abraham Lincoln
Check out my blog:http://thebellamodiste.blogspot.com/
and my Etsy store: www.shesewsbytheseashore.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

misspittypat
True Blue Farmgirl

102 Posts

lila
osceola mo
USA
102 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2009 :  06:55:16 AM  Show Profile
Happy New Year!!!

My mom and I have been doing craft shows for almost thirty years now; started when I was in high school; anyway i have one doll my mom made me for my birthday in my living room and a few others. But mostly all have been sold or given to family and friends.

Anyway, I love the ones that I do have and I think it would be a fun swap. Anyone interested???? If not okee dookee.

Lila
Go to Top of Page

a rose
True Blue Farmgirl

443 Posts

Linda
Waterford NY
USA
443 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2009 :  09:15:14 AM  Show Profile
I am hoping that I will one day soon get back to making cloth dolls. It is going to be my first challenge as soon as my tired old body wakes up energized. I have so many ideas of what I want to do.
Linda (a rose)

Remember me as a rose.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Free Pattern: let's talk dolls!! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page