Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2008 :  6:03:42 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Doug and I are working on getting healthy this New Years, and also reducing our debt. We are hoping to make at least $400 a month payments on Debt Reduction and also will be using out entire income tax return as well. It is still going to take a LONG time before we are free and clear as we are paying off student loans and such- but it will happen!

Oh and I have another goal- to have successful year at college as well!

What are your goals?

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com

La Patite Ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

623 Posts

Jenn
CA
USA
623 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2008 :  6:24:04 PM  Show Profile
I was just thinking about this last night. My problem is the list gets sooo long it's crazy and overwhelming. So, I'm trying to tone it down to a more reasonable length.

Let's see...
I'd like to build a greenhouse or better yet have someone build it for me.

Pay down my mortgage so I can pay off my house earlier.

Save more money than I have in the past.

Not let my boss get on my nerves. (this will be a challenge)

Eat more locally, grow more of my own, learn to make cheese and other foodstuffs I'm interested in.

Get into a routine of making all my own cleaners (I'm starting with laundry detergent, if i can find all the ingredients. A little challenging where I live)

Finish my bitsy projects on the inside of the house.

Well, this is the start of my list.
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2008 :  7:52:10 PM  Show Profile
good post Alee
I have a few,
Change my attitude/behavior towards food, I want to really relish food and eat food of quality - my trip to France in March I'm hoping will provide inspiration
A really good garden - no rototilling, I want to double dig, and really get on top of the weed situation
Eliminate the things in my life that cause clutter and make my house really functional
Start working on Christmas gifts soon so I can really enjoy December next year
Work on getting out of debt - the weather and economy have meant sort of spotty employment for my DH this holiday season (he is a carpenter) and has really underscored the necessity of doing this
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"

Edited by - graciegreeneyes on Dec 30 2008 12:00:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

jennyven
Farmgirl in Training

10 Posts

Jennifer
FORT SMITH NT
Canada
10 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2008 :  10:41:01 PM  Show Profile
Buy less.
Get rid of more clutter.
Cook more.
Spend less time on the computer.
Spend more time with friends.
Spend more time outdoors (easier now that I am not pregnant and 2 out of 3 kids are independently mobile! :) )

"It is not a slight thing when they, who are so fresh from God, love us." ~ Mary Engelbreit
Go to Top of Page

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2008 :  05:15:21 AM  Show Profile
Lets see.... I really want another baby (is that TMI?) I want to build a new milk parlor for my goats. I want to re-model my kitchen but if the first two goals happen that probably will kick the budget for the kitchen out the door!! Most importantly, I hope I can really grasp the concept of living each day as if it is my last.
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Go to Top of Page

simplyflowers
True Blue Farmgirl

489 Posts

Jamie
Locust Grove Virginia
USA
489 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2008 :  05:21:12 AM  Show Profile
Good Post Alee!!!

For me: I WILL BEAT THIS HORRIBLE HABIT OF SMOKING!!!!!! I will excercise more [to help the smoking thing] anddddddd.....No more half/half in the coffee! It's so fattening!! Skim milk for me. I CAN DO THESE THINGS!! SERIOUSLY THIS TIME! I'm not going to let myself down and I'm not going to let my family down...

Wish me luck, and best wishes on all of your resolutions ladies!
Jamie :)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Check out my blog!! http://bestcoupleintown.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2008 :  07:25:48 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Ladies!

It looks like we all have fantastic goals! Lets keep this post active and keep everyone updated on how we are doing!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

corporatefarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

389 Posts

Tamara
Pikeville TN
USA
389 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2008 :  08:32:43 AM  Show Profile
I was thinking about the same thing so here it goes -

1. Get healthier
2. Learn to slow down and enjoy the moment
3. Take time to watch nature everyday
4. Enjoy the todays and not worry so much about yesterday and tomorrow
5. Enjoy my life :)

Peace to you,
Tamara
www.thegoodearthfarm.com
The earth is in our hands - please handle with care
Go to Top of Page

graciegreeneyes
True Blue Farmgirl

3107 Posts

Amy Grace
Rosalia WA
USA
3107 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2008 :  12:01:21 PM  Show Profile
Good idea Alee - I love having tangible proof of progress!!
Amy Grace

Farmgirl #224
"use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2008 :  4:03:40 PM  Show Profile
We're having a family reunion in July and I do believe I am THE biggest cousin. So I would love to get serious and lose some poundage. I really need to work on this. I haven't seen my very healthy slim brother in 4 years and do not want to see him like this. So this should be an incentive for me to do something. It's 7 months away. It is doable.

Also to declutter my home. I have finally gooten it nearly finished and now it's time to get rid of all this junk that has been laying around collecting dust and making me mad and depressed. So stuff's gotta go.

I would love to be at peace with myself more than anything. I want to be a nice sweet gentle peaceful person. I can see me this way, but then something happens and out I come! The real me. I swear I have dual personalities. I am Gemini. The good me and the bad me are fighting all the time. So I am going to strive to be the person I know is in here and wants to come out.

And most of all, enjoy my family more. I am always so stressed when they are all here. I want more than anything to be able to sit and talk and really enjoy my kids and grandkids and most of all, my husband.

So I think these are my main goals. I'm sure there a lots more, but these are the ones at the top of the list for me.

Happy new year, ya'll, Kris

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. Maori proverb
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2008 :  8:49:27 PM  Show Profile
I would love to de clutter my house more as well.

My first goal is to attend church every Sunday. For the past few years I go sporadically. I dont know why I blow it off either. I enjoy going, and feel more grounded when I do.

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

JenniferJuniper
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Jennifer
New Hampshire
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2008 :  9:36:13 PM  Show Profile
How funny to find this thread, I just wrote my goals and put them on an index card in my wallet for daily reference!

- Trade on a cash-only basis except for major purchases like car repairs, etc. The plastic (including debit card!) is already out of the wallet.

- Patronize local small business more. Shop at box/chain stores only as a last resort. This includes Target.

- Designate at least one day a week as TV-less and internet-less. Increase from there.

- Eat out no more than 2 times a week. This includes coffee.

- Work on earning more MJF Merit Badges.

- Wear my apron with pride and channel my inner farmgirl every day.

- Use vacation time from my job for visiting family, instead of being paid out for unused vacation.

- Act with dignity and decency in all situations.

Farmgirl Sister #204

Edited by - JenniferJuniper on Dec 30 2008 9:36:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

simplyflowers
True Blue Farmgirl

489 Posts

Jamie
Locust Grove Virginia
USA
489 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2009 :  5:40:00 PM  Show Profile
Just an update ladies...[cause it makes me feel good]....I am proud to say that it is 8:34pm here in VA and I HAVE NOT HAD A SMOKE SINCE LAST NIGHT AROUND 9:30pm or so!!![almost 24 hours] And I actually feel ok...I haven't bit off my DH's head or anything today...though I felt I almost came close. I took a lot of deep breaths today, snacked on some fruits, CLEANED, and kept very busy!! I had all Christmas decorations down and put away in a very clean storage area by 10:00am this morning!! I AM PROUD OF ME!!

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." -- Thomas Edison

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2009 :  8:02:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That is awesome, Jamie!!! I am so proud of you too!

Doug and I both had small healthy dinners tonight and did a little indoors exercising. I am feeling really good. Even after the holidays I only gained a few ounces and I am looking forward to weighing in on Monday. Hopefully that will start my journey on weightloss!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

simplyflowers
True Blue Farmgirl

489 Posts

Jamie
Locust Grove Virginia
USA
489 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2009 :  03:34:06 AM  Show Profile
Cool Alee!!

I just worked on eating less yesterday and did ok with that. I trying to be really aware b/c of not smoking.....I don't want to replace one bad habit with another. Also, I took Zach on a nice long walk in his new wagon!! He loved it! It was cold and we both had red noses when we came back. But it was fun!!!

Go to Top of Page

peachy
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Melissa
Fennville MI
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2009 :  07:02:46 AM  Show Profile  Send peachy a Yahoo! Message
I was just jotting my list down last night!!!
- Save $25/week for medical (because we never have enough when we need it!) and $25/week for a safety net (not much but it's a start to clearing out some of this debt!)

- (I've started this one today!) Washing clothes in the washer but hanging them all up to dry on a rack
- Heating all of my dishwater on the woodstove instead of running the dishwasher (Our electric bill has sky rocketed so I'm going to see if this helps!)

- My dh bought me my first sewing machine for Christmas and since I have not used one since 8th grade (many moons ago) - I must set my goals on learning to use this and try to start making things to earn money for the home (since his hours are now cut and I'm starting to panic!!!), I've always hand sewn everything so hopefully this will work me toward my dream of owning my own shop someday! My goal is to be on Etsy by summer!!! We'll see how it goes!

- We're also going to try to eat more healthy and more organic and when the awful winter winds stop blowing I'm going to plant a huge garden and can and can and can all summer!!!

I think that was it...other than the usual and always try to lose weight and stop drinking pop!!!

Happy New Year!!!
Melissa
Farmgirl Sister #360

Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Go to Top of Page
  Family Matters: Previous Topic New Years Resolutions. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page