Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Cleaning Up
 What is the statute of limitations for getting rid
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Cleaning Up: Previous Topic What is the statute of limitations for getting rid Next Topic
Page: of 2

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2009 :  6:03:13 PM  Show Profile
In 1991, my Daddy past away and I started helping Mom clean and organize her house. Geesh, what a mess. They had lived in the same house for 45 years. And everything that they bought or received as gifts or received in the mail was in that house. I decided then that my daughter would not have to do that for me. I have been purging out stuff for 17 years. Really getting the hang of it. One problem, Ole Ron is a saver. His stuff just keeps piling up. I send boxes full of stuff to his shop. Deal with it out there, I tell him. I go through every drawer and closet and cupboard on a regular basis. My motto is "get rid of something every day" Not necessarly throw away, but maybe to the storage shed for garage sale or to give away. My biggest porblem is, my stuff is always sitting on a table somewhere. Just out there, looking like clutter.
Go to Top of Page

Rosemary
True Blue Farmgirl

1825 Posts

Virginia
USA
1825 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2009 :  1:13:25 PM  Show Profile
Get rid of everything that makes you feel even a little bit guilty for hoarding it. Every time you see a pile of something you have no real need for, and feel that little tug in your soul, your soul suffers. Why do that to yourself? Think of your environment as your physical body. Don't you feel, breathe and function better when you're lightly dressed in the few perfect things you really need to do what you woke up to do?

If your clutter really makes you happy, ignore the above advice, because it doesn't apply.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Cleaning Up: Previous Topic What is the statute of limitations for getting rid Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page