Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 Finally a recipe for Home Made Wine
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Finally a recipe for Home Made Wine Next Topic  

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2008 :  11:20:47 AM  Show Profile
We drew names for Christmas at work. One of the girls that got my name was not sure what to get me. But all through the year I was asking for her Grandfathers wine recipe. Well I got it!!!! YEPPIE...and sooooo simple. She even got me a 10lb bag of sugar and a Gallon bottle of Sangria. I will make the wine in this bottle. Which I will have to drink (not to hard. She also got me yeast and ballons. If anyone wants the recipe I can send it to you. It only needs a quart of berries to a 10lb bag of sugar...It is going to be fun....and my daughter is going to love this...
Deborah

we have moved to our farm...and love it

bbteacher
True Blue Farmgirl

134 Posts

Bonnie
BALTIMORE Maryland
USA
134 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2008 :  1:19:14 PM  Show Profile
Deborah,

I would love the recipe for this wine. We have a grape arbor right outside our family room window. (Previous owners-thank you!) I really like the simple part. I'll shoot you an email. Hope you and your family have a great holiday!

Peace,
Bonnie
Farmgirl sister #333
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2008 :  3:05:20 PM  Show Profile
How fun! Every time I think about making wine, it reminds me of the year my dad made several kinds. One evening all of a sudden we started hearing what sounded like a cannon going off in the basement...you guessed it! The bottles were blowing their corks and the wine was everywhere. Needless to say, mom blew her cork too when she saw the mess! LOL

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!

http://farmgirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

peachy
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Melissa
Fennville MI
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2008 :  9:09:22 PM  Show Profile  Send peachy a Yahoo! Message
Sounds like so much fun! I'd love to try the recipe out!!! I live in "grape" land out here with 2 winerys around the corner! Seems like much more fun to make my own!!!
Melissa
Farmgirl Sister #360

Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Go to Top of Page

sewcross
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

54 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2008 :  7:11:58 PM  Show Profile
Deborah,
I would like to try the recipe. My husband has made a few bottles of home made wine. Thanks so much for sharing it with us!
Lori

Remember, you are unique-- just like everyone else.
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Finally a recipe for Home Made Wine Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page