Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 A Peacefull Christmas? Pinkroses
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic A Peacefull Christmas? Pinkroses Next Topic  

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2008 :  11:39:45 AM  Show Profile
Are your Chrimtases peacefull?
Just wondering.
I hope all of you have a peacfull one.
pinkroses

www.ohkayteagirl2.blogspot.com
http;//www.sheilascreativetouches.blogspot.com

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2008 :  12:25:51 PM  Show Profile
Everything is peaceful here---except when the two boys decide to pinch each other. LOL

Happiness to you too sheila.
MaryBeth

http://www.smallcityscenes.blogspot.com
www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2008 :  12:44:34 PM  Show Profile
We have frozen pipes which is not very fun at the moment, but mostly things are peaceful and calm so far this Christmas.

Happy Christmas to both of you!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
MJ's Heirloom Maven's Librarian

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2008 :  6:41:57 PM  Show Profile
Mine are not! It's very chaotic here on Christmas day. Especially now since we have the 3 granddaughters all day and the DDs and husbands and my parents and sometimes others will drop in. Sono, it's totally not peaceful here! It drives me crazy most of the time b/c I want everyone to open one gift at a time and everyone watch and see what it is. But NO, it's crazyness, total crazyness. But most of the time it's fun. I do enjoy the family, but not the noise.

I know I will look back and wish for the noise and chaos one day, but not right now!

I certainly do wish everyone a happy, peaceful beautiful day with family and friends.

Kris

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. Maori proverb
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2008 :  6:43:26 PM  Show Profile
Oh yeah, I forgot, I got all the kids their own Nintendo DS's. So maybe it will be a peaceful day this year!!!!! YEAH!
Kris

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. Maori proverb
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2008 :  6:49:53 PM  Show Profile
Yes, thank you. My Christmas is very peaceful and beautiful. The new snow this morning makes my backyard look like a Christmas card, the tall evergreens covered with snow and the birds at the feeder. I wish for all the farmgirl sisters to have a peaceful, joyous Christmas.
Go to Top of Page

a rose
True Blue Farmgirl

443 Posts

Linda
Waterford NY
USA
443 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2008 :  07:29:37 AM  Show Profile
Christmas for me is filled with the anticipation of Christmas Eve at my daughters with all of the siblings and grandkids gathered in her small country living room and loving ever moment of it. It is so nice to have them all gathered together at least once a year and watching the grandkids interacting with each other. Each one is busy with their daily lives and family gets put on the back burner, and life just moves on very quickly. Before you know it you're sitting alone on a holiday and wondering where the time went. Family is so much more a gift than a material gift. It is my hope they continue the tradition long after I am gone.

Remember me as a rose.
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2008 :  08:55:34 AM  Show Profile
We had a lovely Christmas here. It was just me and my daughter and my son. I made a very good Christmas Eve supper, the kids were very impressed (it doesn't take tooo much to impress those who barely cook} and a relaxing Christmas Day. It was just so sweet to spend some time with my kids, and we watched a couple movies together and drew lots of silly pictures. The sun is out again today, and it is just beautiful, the rain washed the driveway pretty clear, but the yard still has a thick blanket of snow...

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2008 :  09:25:20 AM  Show Profile
We had our family Christmas on Christmas Eve day and Eve. Grand kids and Greats started arriving about noon. We ate chili and beef noodle soup and deserts all afternoon. The last to arrive was my SIL, he got off work at 6:00, then my granddaughter (who didn't get off work till 4:00 then had to drive a couple of hours). Total of about 25. Everyone was gone by 9:00 and I had a big mess with wrapping paper and dishes all over everywhere. I just left everything till morning. Ole Ron and I had a quiet Christmas morning, had our coffee and Santa always leaves us something in our stocking, (hung by the chimny with care). This year there were grape fruit spoons. HUMMMMM, how did Santa know we had just mentioned grapefruit spoons the other day when we were eating our gift grapefruit?? Christmas day was very quiet but busy cleaning again.

Today we are at it again. Son and 2 grandsons are out in the front yard cutting up firewood. I got all the Christmas deco put away. Getting ready for the next party, New Years day. Parade, football and food. Biggest difference in this comming holiday, NO sugar.
Go to Top of Page

LindaEllen
True Blue Farmgirl

275 Posts

Linda
Missouri
USA
275 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2008 :  10:32:22 AM  Show Profile
Peaceful Christmas morning then everyone shows up, we had 15 ppl Christmas Day, A very happy unpeaceful day with running around, laughing, eating , Christmas paper flyin, the big kids tryin to find the pickle in the tree. Thank heavens there was no food fight. But still sticky food on the floor. Later in the evening it was back to quite peace again and everyone safe back home.

We had a circle prayer before dinner with our son who is stationed in Germany in the Navy, was on speaker phone to join in the prayer, DH choked up and I heard our son choking up to. This is our first Christmas without him :(.

Plans changed for us on Christmas Eve, we have always had a party but this year was so different with others having to change their plans we decided not to have the Eve party but have everyone longer on Christmas Day : ). DH and I went on a late evening walk on the trails Christmas Eve, it was very peaceful just listening to our crunchy steps in the snow.

Our New Years Day we'll have blackeye peas and my nose in the new seed catalogs , ahhh now that is peaceful : )

Linda
Farmgirl Sister #343

Locust Trail Homestead
http://www.homesteadblogger.com/walkabout/

Edited by - LindaEllen on Dec 26 2008 10:45:24 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic A Peacefull Christmas? Pinkroses Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page