Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise
 My MJFO Beef Arrived & Still want/need recipes
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic My MJFO Beef Arrived & Still want/need recipes Next Topic  

chessie
True Blue Farmgirl

403 Posts

Karen
Vista CA
USA
403 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2008 :  8:52:42 PM  Show Profile
FarmGirlies, I looked on the MaryJane's Organic beef site for recipes for the products I have ordered, (this is my order: holiday roast package, rib roast, osso bucco soup bone and ground beef) but I didn't find any recipes on the site at all, let alone for the products I ordered. There is not a "recipes" area/page on the site that I can find... I think this must be an oversight. MAybe the recipes section is coming? If I looked for this info on the site, I bet others have/will too. Maybe some recipes will come with the products in my order, I don't know. If I am having a brain melt down and missed the recipes section, some[farm]body please tell me where they are... Thanks.
If you have recipes for me, Yippee! I can't wait.
But, then, if you are going to post/send me recipes for organic beef I need to know if I/we should move this topic to the kitchen forum?

I can't wait to hear from you all. This is so exciting! I have organic beef coming...
Love, Karen

www.edgehillherbfarm.com "where the name is bigger than the farm, but no one seems to mind"
blog http://edgehillherbfarmer.spaces.live.com/default.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0
happy farmgirl #89

Edited by - chessie on Dec 31 2008 5:11:40 PM

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2008 :  08:36:34 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Hey Karen, Great job! Sorry there aren't recipes listed there.. I emailed the farm for you and we will see what we can come up with...

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185
http://farmchicksfarm.blogspot.com/

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2008 :  08:40:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
I just use the same reciepes for organic beef as I did for the other beef. I find mine is leaner and sometimes you have to add some fat, depending on what you are cooking.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Badgebadger
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Bookclub Coordinator
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

ThePixiesPlayhouse
True Blue Farmgirl

127 Posts

Terri
Biggs CA
127 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2008 :  09:36:04 AM  Show Profile
Grass fed lends itself to slow cooked recipes wonderfully! The low fat content of the beef tends to make it a tad dry. I just do a lot of long slow recipes....and it comes out great!
Go to Top of Page

chessie
True Blue Farmgirl

403 Posts

Karen
Vista CA
USA
403 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2008 :  10:23:20 AM  Show Profile
See Girls, especially Teresa & Terri, This is the kind of stuff that I need to know! And Rene' thanks for forwarding on my "idea" to the farm. Thanks so much. -Karen

www.edgehillherbfarm.com "where the name is bigger than the farm, but no one seems to mind"
happy farmgirl #89
Go to Top of Page

chessie
True Blue Farmgirl

403 Posts

Karen
Vista CA
USA
403 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2008 :  5:16:37 PM  Show Profile
Oh my, how exciting, my organic beef arrived today. all Frozen, packed with dry ice. i put the prime rib roast in the fridge for tomorrow, what a great way to start the new year, and everything else into the freezer for later. The order did not contain recipes so I'm still on the prowl for these...hint, hint everyone!
Oh happy day!

happy farmgirl #89
Go to Top of Page
  **MaryJanesFarm Products & Merchandise: Previous Topic My MJFO Beef Arrived & Still want/need recipes Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page