Author Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic GMO FOOD ACTION Next Topic  

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2008 :  08:48:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Please contact the following companies and tell them Americans want GMO-free food, and that Americans deserve the same GMO-free food these same companies are selling in Europe.

Call Kelloggs 1-800-962-1413 www.kelloggs.com

Call Nestle 1-800-452-1971 www.nestle.com

Send a letter:
To YOUR U.S. House Representative and Senator, asking what he or she is doing to support truth in labeling and a pure food supply.

Also write:
SECRETARY OF AGRICULTURE, USDA, 200-A WHITTEN BUILDING, 1400 INDEPENDENCE AVE, SW, WASHINGTON, DC 20250

Do your part, become a localvore. Eat local, support local farmers markets, better yet, grow your own food!!!! Read Animal, Vegetable, Mineral by Barbara Kingsolver. Order seed catalogs from Seed Savers Exchange(join them and support what they do)and Baker's Creek Seeds. They are two companies that offer heirloom seeds that have not been genetically altered. Be aware many seed companies are actually owned or supplied by Monsanto. Monsanto, if you aren't aware is one of the biggest proponents of GMO food and seed.

Yea, I know it's harder and takes way more time to eat like this. But, really, if you won't do it for yourself, how about your children and grandchildren. The future of our food supply is riding on everyday people like you and me. Sounds a bit melodramatic, but I can't express the urgency about this subject that is so important.

If you are really interested in this subject please join us, MJ's Heirloom Mavens, in our goal to preserve our botanical heritage/diversity and to educate others about this critical issue.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Badgebadger
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Bookclub Coordinator
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2008 :  10:21:18 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Thanks TS.....
This is such an important topic!

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185
http://farmchicksfarm.blogspot.com/

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page

LivingWell4You
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Karen
Hillsboro MO
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2008 :  11:17:41 AM  Show Profile  Send LivingWell4You a Yahoo! Message
TS, you go, girl! I am proud to be your maven sister. You really have been percolating, haven't you?

This information is so important. Thank you for getting it together and making it easy for us to take action. You keep on plowin' through, girlfriend. I'll be right there with you.

God bless -
Karen ~ Chickherder & Farmgirl Sister #311
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2008 :  4:15:29 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, TS. I will definitely be making my calls.
Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2008 :  07:05:17 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
Don't thank me girls, we are all in this together!!!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

marcy jo
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Marcy
Wawaka Indiana
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2008 :  07:48:05 AM  Show Profile  Send marcy jo a Yahoo! Message
You are right we are all in this together but you are definitly keeping us on track!! Thanks!!!

Marcy #257

When I stand before God at the end of my life I hope that I would not have a bit of talent left and could say “I used everything You gave me”.(erma bombeck)
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2008 :  09:23:19 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
I see a lot of Farmgirls are looking at this, but not commenting, but I sure hope you are going to contact some of the above!

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page

La Patite Ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

623 Posts

Jenn
CA
USA
623 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2008 :  6:00:22 PM  Show Profile
TS - what do you know about Territorial Seeds? I just got their catalog and see organic marked by some seed selections, but not others. Are they all organic or heirloom? Still waiting to receive my Seed Saver and Baker's catalog, then will order.

Thanks for the info. So important.
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2008 :  12:25:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
MMMmmmmm, trying to remember what we found out about Territorial. Annika is our go-to person for this subject if I remember right. I might be wrong and one of the Mavens will put their two cents in, if I am,*giggle*, but if I remember right, they signed the safe seed pledge, but I believe some of their seed is supplied by Monsanto. I personaly don't trust Monsanto as far as I could throw their collective seed houses, so I refuse to buy from anyone who has anything to do with Monsanto. I think the individual seed companies want to do the right thing, but I think if it came down to the knats, Monsanto could pressure them to do what they want. That is why I only trust a few companies.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
Go to Top of Page
  Keeping in Touch: Previous Topic GMO FOOD ACTION Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page