Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Parenting & Farm Kids
 Planning for more kids..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Planning for more kids.. Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2008 :  07:15:25 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Thanks...didn't want to turn it into a thread of breastfeeding. Just wanted to know what all ya'll thought. Thanks.

Edited by - catscharm74 on Dec 20 2008 4:28:26 PM

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2008 :  09:12:10 AM  Show Profile
Heather,
That looks like it would be a good buy especially missing the chemicals. I would really encourage you to definitly try breastfeeding again. ;) Especially glad to hear that you will. It gets easier and more comfortable with each new baby. It is the healthiest way to go, but I totally understand how painful and NO FUN it can be..lol. I had a terrible time with it, with my first one. She wouldn't latch right, it hurt like crazy, and I definitly didnt want to get up all hours to nurse. My ds, my second, was a lot easier. He latched wonderfully and I found that because I had done it before I was a lot more comfortable the second time and nursing came a lot easier. I only nursed # 2 for 6 months, but I am glad I did. ;)
If you do decide to do that cup, please let me know how it goes. I think it looks great for the transitional processes. :)
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work You don't give up.

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2008 :  3:57:55 PM  Show Profile
I think that it looks neat if you have to use a bottle. I second Jessie's suggestion to certainly try breastfeeding again. I don't know if you had a medical reason that it didn't work (like not enough milk) or just a hard time because of improper latch, lazy baby, introducing a bottle too soon, or just being too nervous. Breastfeeding came easy to me and none of my children have ever had a bottle. So while it is easy for me to say persist at it I do want to recommend that you get hooked up with a LeLeche Leader or other breastfeeding consultant while pregnant with the next one so that you will have some support if you run into problems. LeLeche League leaders know when to quit and give baby a bottle but they also know all the tricks that can make breastfeeding a success when other things haven't worked.
-Elizabeth
Go to Top of Page

babysmama
True Blue Farmgirl

931 Posts

Elizabeth
Iowa
931 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2008 :  5:18:08 PM  Show Profile
Sorry Heather. I do think it looks like a good idea.
Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic Planning for more kids.. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page