kim9365
True Blue Farmgirl

53 Posts

Kimberly
Salem Ohio
USA
53 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2008 :  7:25:56 PM  Show Profile
I would love to own a farm, about 100+ acres. We could have some family members build a few houses on it way on the other side so you cant see them. LOL! thats my husbands idea! he said that way he can ride his 4 wheeler to visit, which would take about 1/2 hr. He said he wished he had enough land that he could get lost on his own property. LOL!

here is what else I wish for: animals for the farm, a small farm house, around 1,800 sq.ft, ranch, stocked pond, in the country down south.

Now if I could just win that lottery!

http://thehouseonthehill-kim.blogspot.com

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2008 :  7:59:35 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like a wonderful wish to me.;) Im semi-city and soon to be a trailer park lot renter farmgirl...lol
lemme know when you win the lottery--well have a good ole' fashioned barn raising! :)hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work You don't give up.

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2008 :  8:09:15 PM  Show Profile
Kimberly, that's what I was talking about somewhere on here, about a bunch of people that buy several 100 acres and have like a commune type thing but have our own houses and help everybody out. Does that make sense? Anyway I live in the country down south and there are lots of places for sale around here.

We have 3 acres but have lots going on here. Our house is about 1700 sq ft. Lots of critters. Way out of town.

Keep dreaming. One day you will have all this.

Kris

Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you. Maori proverb
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2008 :  8:14:19 PM  Show Profile
hey Kristin,
I just moved up here from a little further South than you are (Florida to be exact) there does seem to be tons of land going up for sale. Really cheap too! I wish things would have worked out so we could have stayed there, but I know God has plans here.
Kim--Kris is right! Keep dreaming!! :)
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work You don't give up.

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2008 :  06:54:26 AM  Show Profile
I also wish for a farm. I would like at least 5 acres. The ideal home would not have to be large but I would like to have an office/schoolroom, because I homeschool, and a craft room where I can organize everything. The other thing I would love is a large farm kitchen. I have never had a large kitchen.

I will keep dreaming. Someday!
~Ruth~

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kim9365
True Blue Farmgirl

53 Posts

Kimberly
Salem Ohio
USA
53 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2008 :  07:39:15 AM  Show Profile
I live in Ohio. not by choice. I was born in Alabama, I am an army brat and ended up in Ohio a lonnggggg time ago and cant seem to get out of here..I was just down in Alabama a few weeks ago and I brought home some real estate books. I went so far as to put a wish book together. I took out all the pics of houses that I liked and put them in a book. I also put my loto ticket in there. I play the same numbers everytime. I have been reading all these books on how to get what you want and stuff like that, kind of like the secret book. I know it does work so I keep on wishing and planting that seed with the universe.

http://thehouseonthehill-kim.blogspot.com

http://www.dealingwithic.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2008 :  1:43:35 PM  Show Profile
I live in the suburbs, and I have already found the farm I want but alas don't have the $$$ for it. It's a 108 yr old farmhouse on 30 acres. I guess I need to keep buying lottery tickets too!

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!

http://farmgirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2008 :  2:28:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
My DH and I have 20 acres in Idaho and we just struggle to try and get to the point we can live on it. My daughter said we all could live there and have a "compound" *giggle* The problems is I can't see my daughters doing that, they like the city lifestyle too much. I think it would be great to live around like minded people.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Badgebadger
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Bookclub Coordinator
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

hipmamato4
True Blue Farmgirl

51 Posts

danielle
wernersville pa
USA
51 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2008 :  07:33:59 AM  Show Profile
When I read other's posts I am constantly reminded of how fortunate I am to be living where we do. We have 15 acres in the middle of (and growing) suburbia. We are an hour from Phila., two from Baltimore, 3 from Washington, 3 from New York. All close enough that we can visit for a day and then return to our peaceful home. We are 5 minutes from the library, 10 from the grocery store, and 15 from Target. there are a few farms left around us but mostly it is developments. So, on 15 acres we have a creek, stocked pond with ducks, a few horses, chickens, cat and dog, woods, and pasture. When I have a bad day I often like to think of our home as being shielded from the outside world, down a short lane, and surrounded by trees. My peace.

I would love to be off the grid, but DH isn't up for that so much. MJ Farm has been a godsend to me b/c although most of my friends live simply, they are not the farm girl types at all. In fact, I find most of their lives to be far too simple and boring for me. (Though I am sure they like it that way.) LOL

Thank you all for reminding me of how fortunate I am to already have what so many people are looking for. It is important that we show gratitude every day for what we DO have and not what we don't.
I am coming to terms with a lot of things on our property that I really don't like-like my 4 room house, that is 1000 sq. ft--with four kids and a large dog!

Thank you, for inspiring me, teaching me gratitude, and being kindred spirits.

Homebirthing, home-schooling mama to 4 awesome kids, living an idyllic country life in Pennsylvania
Go to Top of Page

Farmtopia
True Blue Farmgirl

1465 Posts

Zan
New York New York
USA
1465 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2008 :  08:53:08 AM  Show Profile
Hmm, Kimberly, I believe a lovely woman, Glory, had just such a farm--100 acres, that she has down south and willing to lease or rent to own, and it is gorgeous!! Opportunities can be had anywhere :)

~*~Dream all you dreamers~*~

View my work:
www.bigtownfarmer.com

And *NEW* Blogs:
Life: www.wildatheartfarm.blogspot.com
art/dolls: www.wildatheartart.blogspot.com
herbals: www.wildatheartherbals.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

stacyluu
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

stacy
tuttle oklahoma
USA
24 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2009 :  5:05:14 PM  Show Profile
kim...wanted to share w/ you...we dreamed the same dream...i looked at my hubby one day and just said, let's make it happen!...we we had to "get real" and settle for our 16 acre/not so perfect house...but we love it...and my parents are building a place out here on our land...we had to scale our dream down a little but we enjoy it just the same...if we could do it with little money and 4 kids...so can you...good luck!
Go to Top of Page

farmmommy
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Kelley
Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2009 :  06:52:25 AM  Show Profile
Hey kim, My husband and i share your same dream, my in laws do too, but, in 5 years of marrige, I have come to the realization that living on the same piece of property with the in laws just would not work. Well, it would work I guess, but ultimately, I feel like that dream would become a nightmare for me...LOL. However, we dicovered that our very best friends are somewhat starting to share the same dream, and its so exciting to sit around and talk about "doing it"! Now, if only we all had a little more money, right? Anyhow, we moved 2 weeks ago to TX from OK, and though we are selling our beautiful 4 year old log home that my husband built(on 1 acre, lake front property)and have moved into a 20 year old "farm" house that we are leasing, we love it here so far. 10 acres, surounded by pines, duck pond with island and a bridge, playhouse for kids, garden plot, and way further out in the country than we were before....eventhough we would love to buy it, I don't think we'll be able to convince the owner to sell. but ya know what? We sure are going to enjoy iy while we're here (how ever long that may be)...And keep on dreaming about "That awesome farm of our own"....Kelley
Go to Top of Page

homesteaderbelle
True Blue Farmgirl

391 Posts

Belle

USA
391 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2009 :  10:03:57 PM  Show Profile  Click to see homesteaderbelle's MSN Messenger address
Your wished sound wonderful. I hope they all come true soon.

Belle

http://www.homesteaderbelle.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

farmprincess
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

Crystal
Abbotsford British Columbia
Canada
16 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2009 :  11:40:20 PM  Show Profile
A girl after my own heart. My Mom and I have talked about buying a huge piece of land and building on opposite sides. I'm not completely sure that my husband would think the property was big enough, but my mom thinks he's perfect, so he'd manage. What my husband does want is some cows and some sheep, hopefully a couple horses and some smaller animals too. I am so blessed to have found a country boy at heart, even if he was raised in the city. I can't wait to teach him what i know and learn what i don't along side him. For now we are fenced in the city, but once my husband finishes school we can start looking for something with a yard at least. Start small, dream big i guess. We are still young and have the rest of our lives to chase this dream... i know it is one dream i will never let go. Keep the dream alive, Girl!!

Motherhood is the adventure that lasts a lifetime.
Go to Top of Page

lilliesfarm
Farmgirl in Training

43 Posts

Lillie
Jones OK
USA
43 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2009 :  06:57:05 AM  Show Profile
A small farm, that's my dream too. At least 5 acres. I want to raise some sheep for their wool, I do spinning, some goats for their milk, and of course chickens for their eggs. I'd love to have a donkey as well. There's a place for sale not too far away from where we live now, it has a log cabin with 5 acres, WOW! The price of the house has gone down quite a bit, my husbands says that if the price comes down more we may have to take a look at it. I'm Praying! Please pray with me. If this is God's will, I'm there!
I'm keeping the dream alive in my prayers!

God bless
Go to Top of Page

savanna
Farmgirl in Training

21 Posts

rita
cisco texas
USA
21 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2009 :  1:03:50 PM  Show Profile
hi, we did some creative thinking to get our farm of 200 acres. we financed with the land bank - 500 acres and turned around and sold 300 acres to pay off the 200 we wanted to keep. which was the size farm we wanted . do not know the land value were you live but here in the part of texas iam in it goes for around 2500 acre, but cheaper in other areas.

i really hope your dream comes true. you would not have to finace as much land as we did to clear a smaller farm. maybe this will give you something to think about. but don't give up

chiqita
Go to Top of Page

TheresaB
True Blue Farmgirl

393 Posts

Theresa
Loveland Colorado
USA
393 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2009 :  3:58:22 PM  Show Profile
My family has talked for YEARS about the family farm compound we wished for. Houses for each of us (a bit aways from eachother) and a central meeting place. Like a pavillion with an outdoor kitchen and tables, horseshoes and campsite. Critters are a must! Hubster wants a horse desparately, and there'd be chickens, goats and at least two cows. While I'm dreaming. . . how about some environmentally conscious crop. . . something for biofuel production?

Theresa in Colorado
Proud Farmgirl Sister #124
www.thegypsysdaughter.etsy.com
www.thegypsysdaughter.blogspot.com

"I see skies of blue, clouds of white, the bright blessed day, the dark sacred night, and I think to myself, "What a Wonderful World!" ~ Louis Armstrong
Go to Top of Page
  A Farm of My Own: Previous Topic would love a farm Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page