Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 My Barn Quilt is UP!!! - The Christmas Star
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic My Barn Quilt is UP!!! - The Christmas Star Next Topic  

cathy cobblestone
True Blue Farmgirl

194 Posts

cathy
greensburg ky
USA
194 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2008 :  4:49:28 PM  Show Profile
Hi my farmgirl friends! Hope everyone is doing great and ready for the big night (just one week from today) - Christmas Eve! Oh my my, I still have so much yet to do. Anyway, I was jus' sooooo excited about my barn quilt I had to share it with you all. We've had it completed for a while but we were unable to hang it up until we repaired our barn. But we put it up this last Saturday and we are jus' simply thrilled with it. Best thing about it, the pattern is the "Christmas Star" - so the timing was perfect.

Are there any other farmgirls out there with Barn Quilt Squares? I'd love to take a peek!! I know my dear friend Ada Mae has one - maybe she will share a picture of hers.

I'm not quite sure on how to load pics on here so I posted about it at www.cobblestonefarms.blogspot.com

I wish you all a happy and blessed holiday season. It has been wonderful being a farmgirl for almost a year!

Merry CHRISTmas from our farm to yours!!
Cathy Cobblestone

Today is a gift, live it!

LindaEllen
True Blue Farmgirl

275 Posts

Linda
Missouri
USA
275 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2008 :  5:00:07 PM  Show Profile
Ok Cathy that is super good looking. The colors work so good together and how beautiful is that to look at. Compliments that wonderful barn. Inspired you bet,I want to make a trailer quilt for our old storage trailer : ).

I'm heading back to your blog cuz I seen some goodies and lots of Christmas on your blog page, Merry Christmas

Linda
Farmgirl Sister #343

Locust Trail Homestead
http://www.homesteadblogger.com/walkabout/
Go to Top of Page

yarnmamma
True Blue Farmgirl

4247 Posts

Linda
Clarks Summit PA
USA
4247 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2008 :  5:03:54 PM  Show Profile  Send yarnmamma a Yahoo! Message
Cathy!! thanks for showing us...it looks great!! I love it!!

Linda in Scranton, PA
farmgirl #71
Merry Christmas! Have a wonderful Farmgirl New Year!!
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2008 :  5:17:26 PM  Show Profile
I honestly did not know what a barn quilt was! I thought you were hanging a quilt up on your barn. But then I saw it. It is so awesome up there! So it's metal? And how long did it take to make it? I would love to do something like that on my goat barn. And all your things are so pretty. I love the cabin, too. Such a nice blog.

Kris
Go to Top of Page

cathy cobblestone
True Blue Farmgirl

194 Posts

cathy
greensburg ky
USA
194 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2008 :  7:28:08 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by kristin sherrill

I honestly did not know what a barn quilt was! I thought you were hanging a quilt up on your barn. But then I saw it. It is so awesome up there! So it's metal? And how long did it take to make it? I would love to do something like that on my goat barn. And all your things are so pretty. I love the cabin, too. Such a nice blog.

Kris

Hi Kris - glad you liked the barn quilt. I wasn't familiar with them either until a few years ago and I started to spot them on barns here and there. It is not made of metal - it is a high quality exterior grade wood and we used marine grade paints that are supposed to stand up to weather for 25 years. We'll see about that. But you could easily do one yourself. Ours is two 4X8 sheets - but you could make one half that size. Actually the sample board we made in order to approve the design is probably only 2X2 and I loved that size to hang inside the house.

Our town is actually going to be a part of the "Barn Quilt Tour" and everyone in our area that has one will be able to be a part of it. Some people actually drive around the entire state just to look at them. You might want to check locally and see if you have one in your area or state.

If you have any other questions - jus' let me know and I'll try to help. Hope you get a chance to make one!!!

Thanks for stopping by and check back in anytime!

Merry Christmas! Cathy

www.cobblestonefarms.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2008 :  7:43:10 PM  Show Profile
I have never seen any around here. All we have are the "See Rock City" signs on the barns. And those are few and far between anymore. But I'd still like to try to make one just for us and the goats. Do you think they'd like it?

Kris
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2008 :  08:11:01 AM  Show Profile
I love it I wish I had a barn. Oh well maybe on the bunk house.
Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

homemom
True Blue Farmgirl

1593 Posts

Ruth
Warwick RI
USA
1593 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2008 :  08:12:23 AM  Show Profile
Cathy~I just loved your blog. So many beautiful things. It was awesome.
Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2008 :  1:50:57 PM  Show Profile
Beautiful! I didn't know what it was either, but I love the vibrant color, so cheerful!!

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Again new creations added, too cute lol. Come and check it out!!
http://princess-of-pink-creations.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

cathy cobblestone
True Blue Farmgirl

194 Posts

cathy
greensburg ky
USA
194 Posts

Posted - Dec 18 2008 :  6:01:42 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by homemom

Cathy~I just loved your blog. So many beautiful things. It was awesome.
Ruth

Living the farm life in my heart.
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/Ruth
http://farmgirlinmyheart.blogspot.com/

Ruth, you are so kind to say so. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit and please stop by anytime. We are always into somethin' 'round here. Merry Christmas to you and yours.

And thanks to all the farmgirls who peeked in to take a look and for your very kind words. And if you need pointers on making a barn quilt square of your own - let me know, I'd be happy to share with you.

Christmas Blessings to you all!!!
Cathy Cobblestone

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic My Barn Quilt is UP!!! - The Christmas Star Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page