Bridge
True Blue Farmgirl

814 Posts

Bridgette
Southern Indiana
USA
814 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2006 :  3:43:15 PM  Show Profile
Hugs to you Jo!! This will make you stronger!! Just remember everthing in life happens for a reason!!

Sometimes it may take many years to realize the reason, but you will!!

~~Bridge's Boutique~~
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2006 :  4:44:39 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Jo, I don't "know" you, but you sure do have my sympathy. It always breaks my heart when two get "untwined". I send many hugs.
Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

Phils Ann
True Blue Farmgirl

1095 Posts

Ann
Parsonsburg Maryland
USA
1095 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2006 :  4:58:43 PM  Show Profile
As far as buying Christmas gifts for my honey... and his buying for me... we are so unromantic. He tells me (only when begged) what he wants. Last year it was scaffolding. I tell him to please order it. He may do that six months later. Ditto for birthdays. I always try to find something little to wrap so he can have a surprise. He finds clothes terribly boring, so I never get that for him anymore. I usually can't wear whatever he buys me in that line, but feel too bad to take it back, and of course, he eventually realizes I'm not wearing it, so that ended over a decade ago. Now he asks what I want, and then says, can you order it for yourself???? And I do--happily. (Actually, last year he was making my sewing room, and furnishing it took care of a years worth of "gifts".... as I wanted a comfortable sitting area.)

Ann

There is a Redeemer.
Go to Top of Page

abbasgurl
True Blue Farmgirl

1262 Posts

Rhonda

USA
1262 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2006 :  10:34:24 PM  Show Profile
Music, dvds & BOOKS are always appreciated by my DH. How 'bout going into the nearest camping store & asking for the latest greatest new thing? How about books on where to camp or recipes/cookbook for backpacking? How 'bout offering to GO CAMPING with him! LOL

As a side note...who would be silly enough to buy clothing for another person? I'm with you on that one (you naughty thing) Frannie! LOL
Rhonda

I'm a one girl revolution.
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2006 :  03:07:54 AM  Show Profile
Greetings, farm gal pals. First of all a note of well wishes, hugs, and "chin up" to you, Jocelyn.....been there, done that myself. Who knows what makes people stray, and the initial pain is wrenching, but you will come to discover you are better off alone, without him. The gals are right, you (none of us) need a man in our lives, but it is the nature of how God made us that we search for a partner to build a life for and with. The inborn resilience we women seem endowed with will see you through, and once your heart is singing again your beauty will be obvious to everybody who meets you. I'm here for you if you ever want to chat. Part of what got ME through being left behind is my sense of humor. I will pass this funny on to you to remember later on when it feels good to laugh. "Two women were by the river, washing clothes in the rushing water. Both were crying as they wrung their clothes out. The second woman asked the first why she was crying. "Because I lost my husband.....and why are you crying?" "Because I found him", she sobbed!

I see this thread got started for last Christmas but it is time to start thinking about presents again already!! Anybody who has a hobby would probably like a magazine subscription or book or video about their hobby. The makings for a hammock was a stroke of genius idea! That idea could be used for zillions of things......gift basket with sewing/knitting/sherrinschnit (certainly spelled wrong) doodads, culinary fixings for the chef on your list....art supplies, gardening goodies; now ya'll got my brain churning! Happy gathering everybody! Nance
Go to Top of Page

Redhen
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

Moe
Illinois
USA
33 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2006 :  07:06:49 AM  Show Profile
So sorry, Jo. I'm sure its his loss.
There have been some great ideas mentioned. I do gift certificates from wherever they might have an interest ( book/music store, Cabella's for the outdoorsman, ect.) I love to get those myself. And I like to wrap a little treat with it too!

....I don't believe we're in Kansas anymore.The Wizard of Oz
Go to Top of Page

blueroses
True Blue Farmgirl

1323 Posts

Debbie
in the Pandhandle of Idaho
USA
1323 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2006 :  11:03:32 AM  Show Profile
Jo,

So sorry. Some men never grow up. We're here for you.

Debbie

"You cannot find peace...by avoiding life."
Virginia Woolfe

Edited by - blueroses on Sep 29 2006 11:04:26 AM
Go to Top of Page

sewgirlie
True Blue Farmgirl

1894 Posts

Sheryl-lyn
Calverton NY
USA
1894 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2006 :  3:04:47 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jo!

Sorry to hear about your husband wanting another woman. Seems that he missed out on the best gift he had---YOU! I know you will get stronger and stronger with each day. My thoughts are with you. Not all men are like that, but it seems a great many people leave a good thing for something probably not so good in the end! Sheryl-lyn
Go to Top of Page

Jana
True Blue Farmgirl

482 Posts

Jana
Eau Claire Wisconsin
USA
482 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2006 :  4:07:53 PM  Show Profile
Oh man, I just HATE buying stuff for guys especially my father-in-law. Well, my mother in law isn't too great either. Last year I asked her what the both of them would like and she listed a crock pot. I mean, these are people with enough money to buy each other vacations and the like (and we are not). Well, I got the crock pot, wrapped it up and presented it on Chrismas to the both of them. She took a look at at and said, "We have one and really like it". DUH!!! I'm still not sure what transpired that day. Did she space out? Did she do this on purpose?(she has a tendency to want to look superior in most situations). Anyway, this year they get a gift certificate.

Now my husband is easy. He makes a list of books he wants and fishing or hunting stuff. Its like going to the grocery store and filling a cart. I just stop when the budget is used up. I usually squeeze in something extra that he wasn't expecting, maybe a food thing that I normally wouldn't like, but know that he does. He loves to barbeque, so grilling stuff is good.

Frannie, I can totally relate to the "box of clothes" thing. Last year I got the ugliest pair of earrings from my DH. I just couldn't wear them (or hang them on the tree). So he did make an exchange. Still not the greatest. I had made a list for him with the items I wanted, price, store name. Hmmmmm....don't think I got anything off that list. Oh well. Maybe this year I'll just put chocolate. He can't really mess that up, even if its just a bag of Hershey bars.

Jana
Go to Top of Page

JO AND AL
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Jocelyn
parrsboro nova scotia
Canada
235 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2006 :  05:47:39 AM  Show Profile
hi ya'll, well i am doing a bit better since al left! but i still talk to him and see him once in a while makes it haarder. seems like a never ending funeral. he is still waiting on a court date for his dui! i don't really think he is happy there where he is? but he got so far into it i don't believe he can turn back anyways, even if he wanted to. there are some advantages to being alone, it is peacefull at times, but then at times it is lonely. i miss his hugs. i can eat when ever i want to, bonus! i have a nice home, unlike what he is living in lol! i have my family live near to me. it is nice at least now not to have to worry about where he is and what he is doing anymore. soooo!!! hopefully time will take it's course, and i can move on to better things, god has a plan for us all i just wish i knew what it was. later, love from jo! p.s. u all have a good time thinking about gifts for guys now ya hear! xoxoxo

i thought love was all you needed? courage is needed too!
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2006 :  06:33:49 AM  Show Profile
I am so glad to hear from you, Jo, and to hear that you are finding some peaceful times -- and I hope you know that all you need to do is think of us during those lonely times and remember that you've got a whole herd of farmgirl friends out here thinking of you!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"Nothing is worth more than this day." - Goethe
Go to Top of Page

bboopster
True Blue Farmgirl

1140 Posts

Betty Jo
West Bend Wisconsin
USA
1140 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2006 :  07:24:03 AM  Show Profile  Click to see bboopster's MSN Messenger address
Hello Jo,
I know your pain mine did the same thing to me and our 5 kids. But the joke ended up on him! The tall thin blonde he ended up with is very high matainace and from what my kids, church and the grapevine (Old neighbors as he tried to bring this high fashion big city woman to the country and our old neigborhood)life is not better on the other side of the fence. He no longer has the freedom to do his favorites (hunt all year, garden, can and freeze)so he works, works, works, to keep her in the finest. Ahahahahahahahahaha! It is the sweetest revenge and I had nothing to do with it! I on the other hand have found a wonderful guy who accepted me and my children for who we are and what we like and on top of it all loves what I have know name my "Frannie stlye" clothing and contributes to my closet with bibs, flannels and T-shirts, to my gardens; bulbs, plants, awsome tools and lots of gloves and knee pads, He never says a word about another cast Iron pan, china or wood chackeys and love me unconditionaly. Don't hate men there are some fantastic ones out there just don't be in a rush to find one find yourself first. God Bless and watch you through your tough times.

Pray for our troops to come home safe and soon.
Enjoying the road to the simple life :>)
Go to Top of Page

JO AND AL
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Jocelyn
parrsboro nova scotia
Canada
235 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2008 :  11:50:00 AM  Show Profile
betty jo i haven't been on here in a long time can't even remember the last time. i tuned in a bit last night. well!woo is me~ we are trying to work on this marriage now, oh my! maybe making a big mistake? but, well guess maybe it is meant to be having a hard time though forgetting what was done to me. he is seeking counsilling, but i believe drinking had a major part in the problem. but i am ok, and i take care of me now. i pray this will work out, but if not i have my two son's and their children and i am ready for a let down this time around. the door can still swing open and he can get out of it lol~ the only thing is, i am doing all the driving, now as he has no lisense from the imparid charge~ i must be a gluten for punishment. love is the worse thing at times. i am sooo glad you found someone, i don't think i would have, i had some offers while i was alone, just wasn't interested at the time, guess i wasn't ready! i've been very busy this year, wreath orders were long and but slow going, as the winter snow in the woods was hard to get the brush, but i did ok, i am making a batch of soap today, and cooking turkey soup. loads of turkey left from xmas i had frozen. i am feeling much better about myself, and i gained a bit of weight, but i know i can survive on my own if this is to happen again, well! good by hubby. and i will prevail in the end. it will be his loss for sure. thanks all of you girls for beiong so suportive, and i will tune in of and on to see how everyone is doing, and let you knwo how i am coping with this marriage working things out thing. love from jo~

Go to Top of Page

JO AND AL
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Jocelyn
parrsboro nova scotia
Canada
235 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2008 :  11:52:04 AM  Show Profile
betty jo i haven't been on here in a long time can't even remember the last time. i tuned in a bit last night. well!woo is me~ we are trying to work on this marriage now, oh my! maybe making a big mistake? but, well guess maybe it is meant to be having a hard time though forgetting what was done to me. he is seeking counsilling, but i believe drinking had a major part in the problem. but i am ok, and i take care of me now. i pray this will work out, but if not i have my two son's and their children and i am ready for a let down this time around. the door can still swing open and he can get out of it lol~ the only thing is, i am doing all the driving, now as he has no lisense from the imparid charge~ i must be a gluten for punishment. love is the worse thing at times. i am sooo glad you found someone, i don't think i would have, i had some offers while i was alone, just wasn't interested at the time, guess i wasn't ready! i've been very busy this year, wreath orders were long and but slow going, as the winter snow in the woods was hard to get the brush, but i did ok, i am making a batch of soap today, and cooking turkey soup. loads of turkey left from xmas i had frozen. i am feeling much better about myself, and i gained a bit of weight, but i know i can survive on my own if this is to happen again, well! good by hubby. and i will prevail in the end. it will be his loss for sure. thanks all of you girls for being so suportive, and i will tune in of and on to see how everyone is doing, and let you know how i am coping with this marriage working things out thing. love from jo~ think i boo booed on this post but iw ill send it again anyways~ woops

Go to Top of Page

JO AND AL
True Blue Farmgirl

235 Posts

Jocelyn
parrsboro nova scotia
Canada
235 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2008 :  11:53:39 AM  Show Profile
oops guess i did boo boo posted it twice oh oh sorry

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Across the Fence: Previous Topic WHAT do men want!!!! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page