kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2008 :  10:31:19 AM  Show Profile
Is there anything about this here? I was just trying to think of my favorite gift my husband ever got me and thought someone else would have some, too.

My husband is not a very good romantic type gift giving guy. So when he gives me things I have to act like it's great. But every now and then he comes up with some really good ones.

My favorite gift from him is the 6 green very antique depression wineglasses he went out on Christmas eve to get after I'd told him about them. I was so surprised. I had no idea he'd gotten them. I just cried. It was so sweet. I still have them. They are in a box since we've moved, but I know where they are.
Waiting for the perfect place to put them.

Kris

peachy
True Blue Farmgirl

593 Posts

Melissa
Fennville MI
USA
593 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2008 :  12:06:19 PM  Show Profile  Send peachy a Yahoo! Message
What a very nice gift your hubby gave to you!! Last year when I took on the feeding chores full time (very cold blowing winter!) my hubby gave me a nice pair of insulated bib overhauls! I thought that alone was a great gift...my son added to that with a nice pair of warm snow boots (so now I'm thinking they're really enjoying me taking over this task full time!) when I found a tiny box in the overhaul pockets with a sweet little ring in it! I'm not a "glam" kinda person - more like jeans and flannel shirts! But I thought there must have been quite alot of thought behind that, I call it my Christmas ring!!! I'm still doing the feeding this year...who knows - with any luck I'll get a nice pair of warm long underwear!!! LOL (really, I'm totally serious, goofy as it sounds I'd love them!) hee, hee!!!
Melissa
Farmgirl Sister #360

Life isn't about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain!
Go to Top of Page
  Holidays: Previous Topic Best gift from hubby... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page