Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Another you know your a farmgirl when...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Another you know your a farmgirl when... Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2008 :  09:53:07 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
You got to Sam's and come out with 5 bags, 12lbs each, of baking soda, dreaming of making "No poo" and scrubbing your counters and laughing all the way...ha ha ha!!! : )

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

LauriP
True Blue Farmgirl

239 Posts

Laurianne
Hertford North Carolina
USA
239 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2008 :  11:54:43 AM  Show Profile
-- When I was at my last eye exam, I was standing by the wall between the exam rooms & the front office. I have a habit of leaning on doorframes, sorta like how you see those old cowboy's leaning on the side of a shop or something.

Well, while I'm leaning & waiting for ever and Evah, my eye Dr. walks over to me, and sez, "You know what? I could never see you living up here, you just don't look the type."

The Dr. office is up near Toms truck terminal, in a city called Chesapeake -- the average car is a BMW, and people's incomes are way more steep than I care to think. But the Dr.'s comment just made me laugh, & I told him, "Nope! Look buddy, I tried for over 8 years, an' it jus' aint happenin' no more!!"

That made Him laugh! But the people in the office just all sorta glared at me!! Ha!!

Lauri
Go to Top of Page

La Patite Ferme
True Blue Farmgirl

623 Posts

Jenn
CA
USA
623 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2008 :  2:43:11 PM  Show Profile
you know you're a framgirls when TJMaxx bores you, but standing out in the rain at a steer show freezing your patutee off is a fun day.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2008 :  4:09:51 PM  Show Profile
you spend more time at Tractor Supply buying fence than at the mall shopping with friends. Or have more boots than highheels.

Also when you are constantly pulling hay out of your bra or undies. Right now my car has hay from when I hauled 5 bales last week and I probably have enuf grain in the crevices to feed the goats a pan full.

I was at the little produce place today buying old pumkins for my pigs and the lady says hers looks just like mine. So I'm not the only one with hay in their car!

Kris
Go to Top of Page

elphie0503
True Blue Farmgirl

500 Posts

Samantha
Gilmer Texas
USA
500 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2008 :  8:26:43 PM  Show Profile  Send elphie0503 an AOL message
when you scream and yell at an old man (hey, he's my daddy) for putting some good ol rusty bailing wire on the burn pile....doesn't he know that is just a craft in raw form????

or, when you cross of the days on your calendar until planting season, not a vacation or monthly visit!

Samantha

www.myspace.com/elphie0503

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas; they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.~~Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4739 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4739 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2008 :  08:33:34 AM  Show Profile
when you decide to make homemade candies, cookies and biscotti for teacher and friends gifts!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

owwlady
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Jan
Tomahawk WI
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2008 :  08:38:54 AM  Show Profile
when you name the black bear who destroys all your bird feeders and have pictures of him...by the way, it's Cuddles.
Go to Top of Page

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2008 :  08:46:24 AM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
wow you all are more farmie than myself.....I feel like hiding in the corner :-p I'll have to think what I do that is farmie......

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."

http://liggybitsandpieces.blogspot.com/
http://ligonierliving.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2008 :  09:24:05 AM  Show Profile
Oh, for me it's always-- "Ewww! What's that SMELL?" and you check the bottem of your GOOD shoes and there's goat, sheep, chicken, horse, cow or pig etc.... POO and a little wad of hay stuck there in the mix--- which happenend because you were in a HURRY to get somewhere and either the goats were out and you had to round them up, or someone was bawling in the barn and you had to go investigate, realized someone was out of water etc... and had to take care of business BEFORE you could take care of business! Sigh....

I ALSO love the one where you're at a party or something and someone reaches up and goes "Oh, you've got something in your hair" and they pick out a piece of hay. Farm life, Ya GOTTA LOVE IT!!!! ~~Hugs~~ Tracy

PS: Tractor Supply is my FAVORITE store! I could spend ALL day there!!!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin
Go to Top of Page

kpaints
True Blue Farmgirl

1564 Posts

karen
cheney wa
1564 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2008 :  09:33:24 AM  Show Profile  Send kpaints an AOL message
Oh, you Farmgirls, you have me rolling in the snow!!! You are all tooooo funny! A craft in raw form!!!!! I just absolutely adore that one. I am using it, Sam! What a treat you all are. Laurianne, I can just picture you leaning on the door jam. Ha! I was sitting at the breakfast table this morn., which is almost completely covered with homemade crochet dish cloths and wondering what I was going to do with all of them. I got carried away (on these cold winter nights) I admit! I am gifting some but that makes such a little dent in the array of many colors. I guess this makes me a farmgal, afterall.

Find your joy and live it. http://cheneybaglady.blogspot.com/http://www.kpaints.etsy.com

Edited by - kpaints on Dec 16 2008 09:35:44 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Another you know your a farmgirl when... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page