Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 New wind damage photos on my blog
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic New wind damage photos on my blog Next Topic  

rabbithorns
True Blue Farmgirl

544 Posts

Allison
Fort Scott KS
USA
544 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2008 :  09:18:04 AM  Show Profile
Oh dear, got these photos from my dh. At least no one was hurt. There were 4 people sleeping in there. Ours is next door to it and the skin is ripped, but it's at the seam and can be fixed. I heard another had the roof blown off.

The yurt that fell is the same one my daughter was sleeping in last year at this time. I'd sort of incarcerated her there for 3 weeks (until the day she turned 18 and legal) with a friend as "nanny" when she was drinking underage and driving under my insurance. So I sent her to stay safe there. Luckily it worked and she pulled herself together after that. I'd have sent her to her dad's but he was out of the country. I just wanted to keep her safe....I'm happy to say, that's the same girl in the pictures on the blog. We're still good friends.

Anyway, it seems Old Man Winter is causing quite a stir for many this year.

http://www.rabbithorns.etsy.com & www.wayofthewife.blogspot.com

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2008 :  10:01:52 AM  Show Profile
That must have been some windstorm! So sorry to hear about your Temple yurt and I'm glad no one was hurt.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2008 :  4:40:08 PM  Show Profile
Been there with the daughter, too. Mine were younger, though. I am glad no one was hurt. Was anyone in it when it blew?

I always thought Arizona was hot and dry.

Kris
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic New wind damage photos on my blog Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page