wild daisy
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Madelynne
Billings Montana
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2008 :  10:41:28 AM  Show Profile
The weather in Billings this Sunday should be interesting. The predicted high for the day is between -2 and -7 degrees and the low between -10 and -16 degrees. I told my husband I was thinking of taking a trip down south. I don't think he believes me. LOL

Madelynne

MsCwick
True Blue Farmgirl

775 Posts

Cristine
Farmville Virginia
USA
775 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2008 :  11:09:58 AM  Show Profile
what kind of heat do you have? can a heat pump even work efficiently when it's that cold?
DH and I have dreams of moving somewhere like that. Maybe we should switch. It's december and 60 degrees! :( I want a dang blizzard! I really want to ride the 4wheeler to work :)
Cristine
Go to Top of Page

wild daisy
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Madelynne
Billings Montana
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2008 :  1:39:04 PM  Show Profile
Well we live in the city and have a gas furnace. We just ordered a outdoor fire pit. It won't come until the end of next week but I am looking forward to roasting marshmallows in the back yard for Christmas. OK it might be my husband who is outside roasting but I can't wait to have one. (I read him this statement and he just keeps blinking his eyes at me)

Madelynne
Go to Top of Page

MsCwick
True Blue Farmgirl

775 Posts

Cristine
Farmville Virginia
USA
775 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2008 :  1:41:37 PM  Show Profile
Wow. We only heat with wood. I bet you would go through tons(literally) of firewood. My grandfather has a house way up in PA, and I went there a bit when there were terrible snow storms, and bitter cold, and although i'm little and always complaining about being cold, i still enjoy it.
Go to Top of Page

keeperofthehome
True Blue Farmgirl

154 Posts

Suzanne
Atlanta Georgia
USA
154 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2008 :  2:56:23 PM  Show Profile
Good Lord Almighty that's cold. I don't believe I have ever been even near anything that cold but my freezer. Y'll be careful! Is that typical for your region?

Blessings!
~Farrah

http://oldfashionedhomekeeper.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2008 :  5:04:56 PM  Show Profile
We have a heat pump. I hate it. I wish we'd never had it put in. It cannot handle temps below 30. It goes into auxiliary mode and blows out cold air. When it is above 30 it works a little better but it is not a warm heat at all. I finally had enuf of it and turned it off. It's been off since Monday night. Thank goodness we got our gas fireplace fixed. I just use that.

Heat pumps might work in Calif. but not here in Ga. as cold as it's been lately.

Ya'll stay warm out there in Montana! Kris
Go to Top of Page

vermont v
True Blue Farmgirl

194 Posts

Victoria
Chester Vermont
USA
194 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2008 :  5:14:31 PM  Show Profile
I lived in Billings for a while about 30 years ago. That is one windy and cold place!
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic How low can it go Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page