Page: of 2

Tammy Claxton
True Blue Farmgirl

1559 Posts

Tammy
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
1559 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2008 :  06:02:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Tammy Claxton an AOL message
Hubby is getting a new pair of New Balance sneakers :) Doc told him he has to buy those because of his feet. They actually do help him and he has gonee through 4 pairs in 2 years already. So, new shoes it is! Happy walking hubby of mine! LOL

Crafty Bay Farmgirl Chapter

"What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger"

Farmgirl #152

http://countryintheburbs.blogspot.com/

http://bigdogmom130.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

LindaEllen
True Blue Farmgirl

275 Posts

Linda
Missouri
USA
275 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2008 :  06:28:50 AM  Show Profile
Congrats Contrary Wife on your anniversary Dec 7. We had ours Dec 8th been married 29 yrs. We don't exchange gifts, if we need something and can swing it we just go out and get or just do without until the time comes or we forget about it. We like stayin home cuz after 29 yrs your pretty partied out. We are getting propane for our Christmas gifts to each other. Figure we like our backside to be warm the most. But just for fun I asked DH what he would get me IF he went shopping for a gift for me. He had this perplexed look on his face. I felt like throwin the sofa at em : P.

He stills wears the knitted socks I made for him last Christmas. I figure they will be the gift that keeps on giving, well its better then the Jelly of the Month Club :P

But really our best gifts to each other is that we can give to our love ones. We will go shopping tomorrow for things the kiddies need. I can't think of better gifts then the ones you give.

I had to edit this, I was wrong about the best gifts, its the homemade gifts you get esp. the paper drawings from your Kids/Gkiddies that our the very best . So that makes givin gifts comin in a close running : )

Merry Christmas

Linda
Farmgirl Sister #343

Locust Trail Homestead
http://www.homesteadblogger.com/walkabout/

Edited by - LindaEllen on Dec 19 2008 06:34:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2008 :  06:36:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
I'm with you, Linda. We are pretty practical, not being born with a silver spoon in your mouth, kinda makes you be that way, LOL. We've been married 32 years, so I know what you mean about the partying,hehehe. A lot of times, for my birthday etc, I'll tell my DH, all I want is a weekend in my sewing room, no cooking, laundry, nothing but puttering away up there. I think that's a fabu gift, lol

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Badgebadger
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Bookclub Coordinator
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

Amie C.
True Blue Farmgirl

2099 Posts

Finger Lakes Region NY
2099 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2008 :  06:56:45 AM  Show Profile
I did end up ordering the Swiss Army watch and having it sent to my parents' house. Now I just need to pick up some little things. Hmmm...? Maybe yet another set of screwdrivers. I don't know where they disappear to, but he just can't seem to keep them.

Funny story about that: my fil always used to complain that my husband walked off with his tools when he used his garage. After my fil died, my husband found half of his sockets and screwdrivers in his dad's toolbox.
Go to Top of Page

LindaEllen
True Blue Farmgirl

275 Posts

Linda
Missouri
USA
275 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2008 :  07:01:33 AM  Show Profile
That is funny Amie C.. LOL.

I was just talkin about tools to my hubby, how many sockets and screwdrivers does a guy have to have anyways. I quess he could say the same, how many knitting needles do I have to have.

Linda
Farmgirl Sister #343

Locust Trail Homestead
http://www.homesteadblogger.com/walkabout/
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2008 :  07:49:47 AM  Show Profile
Amie--glad to hear that you got the Swiss Army watch. It sounds like a really great gift, and he'll be surprised!

Well, I have increased my gift list a bit...we are going to pick up the WWII books tomorrow, and I got him these kick*** shearling slippers handmade on a farm in PA. Wonderful--and, frankly, I'm a little jealous. I almost thought about amending my little list to him and adding, "shearling slippers"! On his gift tag I wrote, "With Comfort and Joy, Love J"...His flashlight came (the token "manly gift") and it's really cool...but, I'm the sortof gal who really digs tools and gadgets ;) For his stocking, I got him some socks at the Walking Store that are made from corn--they are soooo soft, really nifty! He will have mostly candy in there, as well, along with some homemade prailines.

Other than that, it's on to the gift exchange gifts--I drew both "dads" in ours. How on EARTH?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Holidays: Previous Topic What's everyone getting their S.O? Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page