Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Barter™
 Just a Great Barter Experience
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Just a Great Barter Experience Next Topic  

lorijarrett
True Blue Farmgirl

112 Posts

Lori
Norfolk NY
USA
112 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2008 :  09:49:22 AM  Show Profile  Send lorijarrett a Yahoo! Message
I just wanted to take a minute to thank two women who had recently bartered with me.
Kay from The Rustic Cottage- I received your soap and room spray. What an absolute delight! I was especially pleased with the rose scent as I normally don't buy that, yours is light and delicate and just wonderful to smell. TY! http://therusticcottage.etsy.com

Suzanne from Good Natured Earthling- Just wonderful soaps, I love the scents, the organic look and just can't wait to share with
everyone! The Kosher Salt Spa Bar is a must! ( www.goodnaturedearthling.com

Treat yourselves everyone and check out their websites! Happy Holidays everyone!

Lori
www.countryhandsandheart.etsy.com
www.farmgirlinthemaking.blogspot.com
Farmgirl at Heart #397

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2008 :  09:58:55 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for sharing Lori. I'm heading over there to check them out now. Isn't it wonderful to be pleasantly suprised. :)
hugs

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing.

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

therusticcottage
True Blue Farmgirl

4439 Posts

Kay
Vancouver WA
USA
4439 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2008 :  10:11:15 AM  Show Profile
Lori - thank you so much! It was great to barter with you too! Lori makes the most gorgeous crocheted washcloths - I love them. I was going to give them all for Christmas presents but had to snag 2 for myself!!

Handmade Soap and More! http://therusticcottage.etsy.com

The Rustic Cottage Blog http://therusticcottage.blogspot.com

PROUD FARMGIRL SISTER #100
Go to Top of Page

Wildcrafter
True Blue Farmgirl

340 Posts

Suzanne
Seattle WA
USA
340 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2008 :  11:26:03 AM  Show Profile
Lori,
You are a gem of a woman! Thank you so much for the opportunity for bartering with you. Every day I look at my Eat Your Weeds Rabbit, the needle (I keep forgetting the name!!!) picture and this Thursday, Craig and I will be out in the mountains cutting down our Christmas tree and the woolie ornament will have pride of place. Again, thank you so much! I love barter!

Roses are red, Violets are blue; But they don't get around Like the dandelions do.
Slim Acres
www.goodnaturedearthling.com
Go to Top of Page

lorijarrett
True Blue Farmgirl

112 Posts

Lori
Norfolk NY
USA
112 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2008 :  6:59:52 PM  Show Profile  Send lorijarrett a Yahoo! Message
Wildcrafter, LOL it's called Needlepunch. It was a pleasure. Take care.

quote:
Originally posted by Wildcrafter

Lori,
You are a gem of a woman! Thank you so much for the opportunity for bartering with you. Every day I look at my Eat Your Weeds Rabbit, the needle (I keep forgetting the name!!!) picture and this Thursday, Craig and I will be out in the mountains cutting down our Christmas tree and the woolie ornament will have pride of place. Again, thank you so much! I love barter!

Roses are red, Violets are blue; But they don't get around Like the dandelions do.
Slim Acres

Lori
Farmgirl at Heart #397
Go to Top of Page

Wildcrafter
True Blue Farmgirl

340 Posts

Suzanne
Seattle WA
USA
340 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2008 :  12:04:24 PM  Show Profile
Hi Lori!
Today, I mailing you a box with the Simply Oats soap and a wool felted soap. Watch your mailbox in a couple of days!
xxoo!

Slim Acres
Go to Top of Page

lorijarrett
True Blue Farmgirl

112 Posts

Lori
Norfolk NY
USA
112 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2008 :  07:15:54 AM  Show Profile  Send lorijarrett a Yahoo! Message
Awesome! Thanks! I am making soy candles and will be testing but as soon as I get one made will send you if you like. I think the line is going to be called "Wee Wicks" I am focusing on smaller trial size candles and will decorate the jars. It's fun to try a scent before investing in a larger candle and makes perfect for travel. Will send you a pic when I get the process down! LOL

Lori
Farmgirl at Heart #397
Go to Top of Page

Wildcrafter
True Blue Farmgirl

340 Posts

Suzanne
Seattle WA
USA
340 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2008 :  07:41:35 AM  Show Profile
Neato! Let me know how it goes. I have 40 pounds of soy wax sitting around waiting for me to solve the wick problem. The wicks have to be the perfect size and I haven't had any success yet. I have some different wicks to try and will do that in the next couple of weeks. The plan was to have them for my Christmas fairs, but I never got the time to do it.

Slim Acres
Go to Top of Page

lorijarrett
True Blue Farmgirl

112 Posts

Lori
Norfolk NY
USA
112 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2008 :  11:04:08 AM  Show Profile  Send lorijarrett a Yahoo! Message
Hummm, I know that for the size jars I wanted to use I have to use a votive size wick. I am using an all cotton as well. The ones I just did I ended up using a wick for 2-2 1/2" opening and will be test burning one tonight, wish me luck! It is a process and I love the creativity that can go along with it. Tarts are another fun project you could use the wax for and decorate up like little cinnamon buns and all kinds of stuff.

quote:
Originally posted by Wildcrafter

Neato! Let me know how it goes. I have 40 pounds of soy wax sitting around waiting for me to solve the wick problem. The wicks have to be the perfect size and I haven't had any success yet. I have some different wicks to try and will do that in the next couple of weeks. The plan was to have them for my Christmas fairs, but I never got the time to do it.

Slim Acres

Lori
Farmgirl at Heart #397

Edited by - lorijarrett on Dec 31 2008 11:05:33 AM
Go to Top of Page
  *Farmgirl Barter™: Previous Topic Just a Great Barter Experience Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: