Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Yesterday at the thrift store + I added some more
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Yesterday at the thrift store + I added some more Next Topic  

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2008 :  8:33:25 PM  Show Profile
Page two
I added some more of my goodies. On my Strawberry Hill blog.

I went to Goodwill yesterday looking for dog blankets. They have the best blankets for pets. All useable for people too. I digress!! I found a nice package--usually 3 in a package for 2.99. I also found a whole bunch of great stuff. Everything half price and purple tags .99. fun day. I posted some of the things I got and will post the rest when I take more pics. Posted on my Strawberry Hills blog. Go look!!! MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"

Edited by - Marybeth on Dec 06 2008 05:06:54 AM

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2008 :  9:09:29 PM  Show Profile
I love Goodwill.. You've got some great treaures there Mary Beth..Think I better get on over to my closest one tomorrow.. I could be missing some great things..

http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/

Cheryl #309
Farm girl sister

Enjoy the little things in life....someday you'll look back and realize they were the big things.
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2008 :  9:14:12 PM  Show Profile
What wonderful finds! DH and I have a tripped plan there for tomorrow.:)

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2008 :  05:39:58 AM  Show Profile
Way to go MB. Love the baby cup. Those are hard to find. I always look for the baby spoons too.

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

abbysshadow
True Blue Farmgirl

224 Posts

Sherry
Dayton Nevada
USA
224 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  07:18:38 AM  Show Profile
awww nice stuff! My hubby and I went to our Goodwill yesterday, and as usual I found some neat stuff...another purse, a set of mugs (3 sizes - papa bear's mug, mama bear's mug, and baby bear's mug) I'll give those to my nephew and his wife for Christmas,they are expecting their first baby boy in February. I found a tiny spanish-style clay creche/nativity which will be perfect for my sister 'cuz she collects stuff like that....and a few other things...I LOVE that store...we always find treasures...

...I cannot do all the good that the world needs, but the world needs all the good that I can do...
Go to Top of Page

Miss Bee Haven
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Janice
Louisville/Irvington Kentucky
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  07:30:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Bee Haven a Yahoo! Message
Great stuff, Marybeth. Those pewter plates are so pretty. And I remember Captain Queeg! The guy worried about the strawberry theft, right? I could use some stress balls today...last week...next week, too. Please let this semester end.

Farmgirl Sister #50

"If you think you've got it nailed down, then what's all that around it?"
'Br.Dave Gardner'
Go to Top of Page

LauriP
True Blue Farmgirl

239 Posts

Laurianne
Hertford North Carolina
USA
239 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  07:44:08 AM  Show Profile
I can't be away from a thrift store, Goodwill store, what-have-you for too long. I went on Friday to one just up Ocean Highway, an' found a book on native trees -- Since we moved here, I've got no clue what all the trees are that we have on our acre. And -- whatta price for the book -- 99 Cents!! Whoo - Hoo !!

Good stuff you found!! Le's give a cheer for Thrift Stores!!

Lauri
Go to Top of Page

abbysshadow
True Blue Farmgirl

224 Posts

Sherry
Dayton Nevada
USA
224 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  08:16:22 AM  Show Profile
hip hip hurrrrayyyyyy !! :)

...I cannot do all the good that the world needs, but the world needs all the good that I can do...
Go to Top of Page

Mother Hen
True Blue Farmgirl

604 Posts

Cindy
Peck ID
USA
604 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2008 :  11:51:01 PM  Show Profile
Mary Beth, those are great finds. I love the plates. I collect Currier and Ives dishes (in blue) and have place setting for 30. I know I went overboard but I just love them. They were made around in the 60's-70's and were bought at the grocery like Winn Dixie. I could go on for a while but I won't bore you.
However, I've never seen plates like those. They are beautiful and will look lovely hanging on your wall! Congrats on the great finds.

I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. Psalms 34:1
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Yesterday at the thrift store + I added some more Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page