kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2008 :  3:32:49 PM  Show Profile
Do ya'll remember my huge light bill last month? well, a few days ago a guy from th light co. came by. He checked this meter and went to the little house and checked it. He said he heard I'd had a little trouble and had a big bill. We talked a while. So today I get the bill. Open it up and there is a $88.00 credit. The bill was $164 and has where I paid the $386, then a $250 credit, so there is a balance of -$88. Wow!

I am calling first thing in the morning to make sure it's right and find out what happened. B/c they sure were adamant that they were right. Just to make sure.

But it is a nice surprise so far. I'll know more tomorrow. I always think the worse until I know for sure. But still nice this time of year.

Kris

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2008 :  3:51:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Kris- the meter reader guy might have re-calibrated the meter, and sometimes in cases of surprise bills like that- they will take a similar house and see how much they were using.

I hope they fixed it for you!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2008 :  4:03:49 PM  Show Profile
Alee, I'm just hoping it's not a mistake. I don't want another surprise. After all I went through, I don't want to do it again.

Kris
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2008 :  4:12:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
No Kidding! Money surprises are rarely nice ones!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2008 :  6:35:54 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you Kris! That will be such wonderful news for you!

Melanie

Shop~ http://www.squidoo.com/buyinghomemade
Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2008 :  07:50:13 AM  Show Profile
Yeah!!!! I called this morning and it's for real!! They did an adjustment on our bill and they owe us money!!!!!! I am very happy right now! Can ya'll tell?? Good things do still happen.

Happy Kris!
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2008 :  08:20:03 AM  Show Profile
Kristin, that's excellent! I'm very happy for you. It's so nice to have surprises like that and it came at a good time of year too.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Lainey on Dec 05 2008 08:20:28 AM
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2008 :  08:45:12 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That is awesome! I am SOOO glad that the company did a turn-around!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

fionalovesshrek
True Blue Farmgirl

186 Posts

Paige
kinston North Carolina
USA
186 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2008 :  09:57:45 AM  Show Profile
We refuse to let them use another house to give us our rate because we are so tight with our electricity. I've had the meter guys come out for a second look because the reading was too low, but never been gouged out of what I rightfully owed them. I always go out and write down the number on the day I know they're coming around, so I can compare to the number they get.
P~

www.fionaswampington.blogspot.com

http://homespunhensfarmgirlchapter.blogspot.com/
Man, despite his artistic pretensions, his sophistication, and his many accomplishments, owes his existence to a six inch layer of topsoil and the fact that it rains.
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2008 :  2:26:44 PM  Show Profile
Me, too. I keep my thermostat during the day at 65 -67 and at night turn it up to 68-69, depending on how cold it is. We have gas logs, too. So I do try to not use too much. I hang clothes out, so only use the dryer on freezing rainy days or just wait til it's nice out. And open windows when it's cool in spring and summer. So I think I'm pretty energy concious here.

And I had a guy come today to measure all the downstairs windows for new energy efficient vynel(?) windows!!! I have been wanting to do this since we moved here. And now we're able to do it! He ordered them today and will get them next week. Should take a few days to put them all in. Plus he's going to finish the dining room!! Ceiling, walls, crown molding, paint. A book shelf surrounding the window and a window seat. I am too exited about this now! But not too sure about right now. But at least it will all be done. All this should take a week. Then we should really be energy efficient. This is an old stone house, too.

Kris

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Huge Light Bill Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page