Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Any Farmgirls in the New London CT area?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Any Farmgirls in the New London CT area? Next Topic  

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2008 :  8:21:48 PM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
I was just wondering as my son Lucas (who is in the Coast Guard) won’t be home for the holidays and I was thinking it would be fun to plot with a local farmgirl to make Christmas as special for him as possible. Lucas is the second oldest (he will be 21 in April). My oldest son will get to be home, then leaves for Afghanistan in February... SO the holidays are being met with a little bit of mixed emotions. Anyway, if there are any, please email me; it would be fun to do something to make his day more special.................

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185
http://farmchicksfarm.blogspot.com/

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2008 :  04:41:57 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
OH SHOOT!! That is where I grew up and I have my crazy family there but wouldn't put him through that!! HA!! Now having said that, I know they do an ADOPT a Soldier somewhere in the area. Have him check it out.

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90
Go to Top of Page

LauriP
True Blue Farmgirl

239 Posts

Laurianne
Hertford North Carolina
USA
239 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2008 :  06:55:27 AM  Show Profile
Oh Gee -- Tom was stationed in Groton while in the navy -- so maybe there's a good chance somebody on the Navy Base is aware of somebody who would like a "family" for the Holiday. We used to have single sailors to our home for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. They were always very homesick. The Coast Guard Base may also have somebody that could be contacted..ya just never know who can help out!

L.
Go to Top of Page

ruralfarmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

4309 Posts

Rene'
Prosser WA
USA
4309 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2008 :  07:17:05 AM  Show Profile  Send ruralfarmgirl a Yahoo! Message
Thanks Ladies,
I went to the Coast Guard site, but didnt find any link to help!

Rene~Prosser Farmgirl #185
http://farmchicksfarm.blogspot.com/

Circumstances made us FRIENDS; MaryJane's has made us SISTERS :)
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Any Farmgirls in the New London CT area? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page