milkmaid
True Blue Farmgirl

187 Posts

Heather
Higginsville Missouri
USA
187 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2008 :  2:06:43 PM  Show Profile
I am having a heck of a time getting christmas gifts figured out this year. I want to give usefull things not cheap plastic things to fill the landfills in 6 months. I bought some yummy smelling organic dish soap and decorated a beatiful bottle to put it in. I knitted some dish clothes. But now it seems I have a brain block for anything else!! AARUGH!! You are a huge bunch of creative gals, got any ideas???

http://goodfarm.blogspot.com/

Mother to five awesome kids, wife of 17 years and milk maid to two beautiful cows. Living the good life!!!

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2008 :  2:35:26 PM  Show Profile
I would say that with the looks of your beautiful canned goods, you could put a pretty piece of Christmas material on the top and tie a ribbon around them, put a few in a pretty basket with one of your handmade dishcloths, and maybe a pretty Christmas ornament, etc.
Nancy JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22937 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22937 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2008 :  3:51:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Hi Heather!

A lot of us farmgirls are offering Christmas specials on our blogs and websites. Have you stopped by the "Marketplace" section to see what is offered?

Also what ages/genders/personalities are you trying to gift for?

I agree that your canned goods are beautiful and would make fantastic gifts!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2008 :  4:35:50 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Wow I don't think I've ever seen so many home done canned goods in my life!

Ideas, Ideas???? Well I guess my first question is do you want to make Christmas gifts or buy?

Alee is right! So many of us make and sell so many different kinds of things. If you would like to buy then you want check out the Marketplace like Alee suggested. Also might check the Farmgirl Blog Roll Call. Some of the gals have their shops listed there as well. And you could also check out this thread http://www.maryjanesfarm.com/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=26240&SearchTerms=buying,handmade

Or here's some ideas of things to make. Or at least this is what I have been working on for Christmas gifts-- wreaths, decorated snowmen, stockings, fleece throw blankets, teddy bears or dolls, jar lights. Ohh and candies. I make those every year.

Here's some things I'm thinking about making next year: pot holders, gift baskets with homemade soaps and whatnots, I'm hoping to learn how to paint, oh I know there was more and now I can't remember them all.

Good Luck to you!
Melanie

Shop~ http://www.squidoo.com/buyinghomemade
Blog~ http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

jumpingjuliet
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

becky
oroville CA
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2008 :  5:15:15 PM  Show Profile
I am giving homemade jelly, apple butte,r bread and butter in a basket as a gift. I get hungry every time I think about it:) The dish cloths and dishsoap sound so cute. what a neat idea. Make those hand towels with the crocheted tops that button around your oven handle to go with the theme.
Good Luck
Becky

I am one with my inner farm girl!
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2008 :  6:24:19 PM  Show Profile
Last year I gave everyone fabric shopping bags that I embroidered sayings on. If going green is your thing that is a useful gift. It's also a great way to say what you think every time you buy groceries. Use the bag as your "gift bag" and voila no garbage. Kids can use them to store toys or parts in as well.
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2008 :  7:24:03 PM  Show Profile
It's all crocheting for me this year. Ive done blankets,shawls, slippers, and doilies. I think the homemade jars are an excellent idea too! :O)

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Holidays: Previous Topic Need Christmas ideas Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page