True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2006 :  12:54:18 PM  Show Profile
NANCE
When you are at my blog click on the november icon on the right someplace. probably used up the current page. I posted a picture of both books by good ole Truman.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Horseyrider
True Blue Farmgirl

1045 Posts

Mary Ann
Illinois
1045 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2006 :  3:54:03 PM  Show Profile
Thanks to those that mentioned "A Christmas Memory." I remembered seeing it years ago on TV, and couldn't remember the name. But when I looked it up on Amazon and the book's jacket had that phrase "Buddy, it's time to make the fruitcakes!" I knew it was the one. I ordered both the book and the video, and also "A Thanksgiving Visitor."

Thanks; I remembered it as a sweet story, and I look forward to reading it and seeing it again!
Go to Top of Page

JudyBlueEyes
True Blue Farmgirl

657 Posts

Judith
Spokane Washington
USA
657 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2006 :  1:24:52 PM  Show Profile
I am in my 5th re-read (I read it each Advent since I received it) of Winter Solstice - A Novel, by Rosamunde Pilcher. It is just a warm and beautiful story. Also, each Christmas I read A Child's Christmas in Wales - a Wonderful memoir, and I identify with the Auntie who drinks the brandy out of her teacup...and then lustily sings carols in the back yard. Also A Christmas Box is a new favorite and John-Boy was great in the tv movie. So many good suggestions to read - thanks!

The Rooster crows, but the Hen lays the egg. ~ Texas Proverb
Go to Top of Page

JenniferJuniper
True Blue Farmgirl

359 Posts

Jennifer
New Hampshire
USA
359 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2006 :  05:24:44 AM  Show Profile
Another huge thanks to those who recommended Truman Capote's "A Christmas Memory." I just got in via interlibrary loan and read it last night. It is one of the most poignant and touching stories I have read in a long while, lovely though sad. I'm going to buy a copy for keeps - and maybe try to make a fruitcake.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Reading Room: Previous Topic Christmas reading Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page