Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 My embroidery basket is a big mess.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic My embroidery basket is a big mess. Next Topic  

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2008 :  3:26:33 PM  Show Profile
I decided I better put it in order. It sure looks a lot better, now IF I can just keep it that way. I posted before and after pictures.
We put up the tree today, and I made a pot roast that came out really good. I put it in the oven this morning, and let it cook all day, it just fell all apart and was so tender. We had the last of the Thanksgiving fixin's yesterday.
Tomorrow I will fool around with some more decorating. Maybe I will be inspired to make a few cards. Coffee helps with that.

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2008 :  4:08:18 PM  Show Profile
Well, Nancy Jo, it seems you are not in need of embroidery floss!!!! Nice way to organize! Looks great and real pretty, too.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2008 :  4:12:13 PM  Show Profile
Nancy Jo, your embroidery basket looks perfect. I keep mine by coolor in little plastic boxes, which was working out until I lost the container with blue and pur[le and the one with brown and black floss. I know they are somewhere around here, but I've made such a mess of things in my sewing room it may be a while before they surface. You already have your tree up! I am imporessed. I think my
Christmas ornaments are in big tubs out on the glassed in porch.
Tomorrow might be a good time for me to look and see what is what. I know what you mean about the coffee. I made a felt and embroidered cup of coffee for my tree years ago. Someone has to give a nod to the magic bean...
I made soup with a leftover hambone, kale , onions, garlic and some spicy peppers. I'm hoping it is therapeutic, my daughter has a wicked bug, but I firmly believe in the poser of soup, red pepper, etc.

I put the wonderful Thanksgiving card up on my plate shelf for our holiday meal, it looked great, I'll have to take a picture and then see if I cvan ost it. Lately i can't seem to get any photos to post, I guess the computer is giving me a grade f on my photography skills. Well, I'll try again...

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2008 :  4:21:28 PM  Show Profile
Wow Nancy, what a collection of embroidery floss. The thing I like most about this forum is that it reminds us of things that we could (or should) be doing. Most of my embroidery stuff is out in the motorhome. When we travel, is about the only time that I have "time on my hands". I think I'll go out and get it. The project that I have been working on, (for more years than I want to admit) is a set of "day of the week" dish towels. I think I'll not read the book that I just started and embroidery instead.
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2008 :  4:57:06 PM  Show Profile
You did a good job.
I love seeing all colors of embroidery thread.
Makes my fingers want to start embroidering. pinkroses

www.ohkayteagirl2.blogspot.com
http;//www.sheilascreativetouches.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2008 :  5:14:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Wow Nancy Jo! I love your embroidery basket. I want one just like it!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

country roads
True Blue Farmgirl

443 Posts

Melissa
Shinglehouse Pa
USA
443 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2008 :  07:16:46 AM  Show Profile
Nancy, after looking at your embroidery basket I can see that mine is reeeeally lacking! :) Where do you find the adorable patterns for your emboidery ? I just love the latest one you did with the sewing box.

Take care, Melissa.

Farmgirl # 352

~Think happy thoughts~
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2008 :  10:58:47 AM  Show Profile
Melissa,
You can get iron on patterns at Joannes. But my favoite place is a place called 'PATTERN BEE'. Just google it and when you go there, it says at the top,'ABOUT', then you can find her blog on the lower left. She has a nice site, shows all the things she is making and her home. Anyway on the pattern site she has lots of really cute patterns.

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2008 :  11:47:06 AM  Show Profile
Nancy JO
I love the sampler you are working on.
Your work is beautifull. Pinkroses

www.ohkayteagirl2.blogspot.com
http;//www.sheilascreativetouches.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

country roads
True Blue Farmgirl

443 Posts

Melissa
Shinglehouse Pa
USA
443 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2008 :  11:35:54 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Nancy, I went to the pattern bee site and found loads of good stuff, she has a great blog too.

Take care, Melissa.

Farmgirl # 352

~Think happy thoughts~
Go to Top of Page

tribalcime
True Blue Farmgirl

2963 Posts

lisa
lexington ky
USA
2963 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2008 :  02:50:54 AM  Show Profile
I need you to come do my craft room :) LOve your blog. All the beautiful items you have created

LIfe is a witch ~~~ and then ya fly !! My blogspot .http://tribalwitch.blogspot.com/ and my barter blog is at www.bartertribalwitch.blogspot.com and www.alteredartfun.blogspot.com ebay store ..http://www.ebaystores.com/shadowsofthegoddess
Go to Top of Page

Sandra K. Licher
True Blue Farmgirl

1106 Posts

Sandra
Horseshoe Bend Arkansas
1106 Posts

Posted - Dec 03 2008 :  08:09:32 AM  Show Profile
Yes, Nancy Jo.....you are embroiderer extraordinaire! I am wanting to embroider now! It's been years! But your squirrel and your samplers have me wanting to make gifts and decorate my home with those vintage designs! I have 3 plastic boxes with floss so I think I have that part covered. I just have never transfered designs etc. I checked out pattern bee and how cute are they?!? Thanks for inspiring us all! Okay....now for some motivation via caffein!

Sam in AR..... "It's a great life if you don't weaken!"
Farmgirl Sister #226

www.farmgirlsam.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic My embroidery basket is a big mess. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page