Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Christmas glass jar decor
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Christmas glass jar decor Next Topic  

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2008 :  04:38:33 AM  Show Profile
Here in India I got a hold of these large glass jars with lids---I am going to fill them with Christmas decorations and lights and decorate the hallway......any ideas on how to make the lights not fall to the bottom....how do I stage this so it really really looks good? Thanks.....I have minature nutcrackers, pearls, gold material ornaments, plaid ribbon----I think plenty to work with---just to do it all justice in a jar. I actually would love to find a minature forest and house to fill onje with......any advice appreciated. Beverly Gill

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2008 :  05:02:34 AM  Show Profile
Hi Beverly, I usually do that too, lol.
Try to put some lights in, then fill up with whatever you want. And in between put the lights, Works for me!! AT least if you use the string lights ofcourse, duh!!

Show a picture when you're done, oke.

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

My personal blog:
http://just-me-a-dutch-girl.blogspot.com/

Again new creations added, too cute lol. Come and check it out!!
http://princess-of-pink-creations.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4178 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4178 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2008 :  08:09:03 AM  Show Profile
In the past I have taken cranberries,and balsam boughs, and put them in a quart jar, and fill with water. I used that as decoration on the table, It was actually really pretty.

Michele
Go to Top of Page

MsCwick
True Blue Farmgirl

775 Posts

Cristine
Farmville Virginia
USA
775 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2008 :  08:29:38 AM  Show Profile
pine cones? if they have them there? how about just twigs? that will give you something to wrap the light wires around and drape them on. you could even glue some sparkles ont them so they were pretty when the lights are on.

Do what you can, with what you have, right where you are. - Roosevelt
www.thelittlegreenstore.embarqspace.com
Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2008 :  08:52:18 AM  Show Profile
I'm having a hard time picturing this but they sound real pretty and I would like to see one. I have lots of canning jars that might work?
Jami in WA

Farmgirl Sister #266
http://woolyinwashington.wordpress.com/
http://farmhouseflair.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2008 :  10:02:12 PM  Show Profile
Jami, they are like a clear glass cookie jar with heavy glass lid...my mil says be careful---they are about50 years old....in various sizes. I have 1 with a minature nut cracker, plaid ribbon, some gold colored ornaments the white lights, and a string of pearls....may take the pearls out and do a victorian one. have a good day. Beverly
Go to Top of Page

jumpingjuliet
True Blue Farmgirl

146 Posts

becky
oroville CA
USA
146 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2008 :  9:28:11 PM  Show Profile
my great grandma had a couple of these around her house. One had sand and dried greenery and a nativity. another had an assortment of what nots. I have a smaller whatnot jar full of neat little odds and ends that I find to be pretty. I think lights and ribbon and glass christmas balls would be pretty.
good luck
Merry Christmas
Becky

I am one with my inner farm girl!
Go to Top of Page

Beverly Gill
True Blue Farmgirl

1114 Posts

Beverly
Marlborough
USA
1114 Posts

Posted - Dec 06 2008 :  04:37:12 AM  Show Profile
Gal friends....I did good. snow made out of cotton;;;little trees and 2 reindeer with lights on top taped to the lid.....the second one has a string of pearls, and some victorian type ornaments with lights in the lid also......very very nice.... I have one more I am just going to fill with ornamets and light it.....tomorrow I go to some Christmas fairs so I hope tobuy some neat stuff from various places around the world.
Go to Top of Page

Sitnalta
True Blue Farmgirl

4208 Posts

Jessica
NJ
USA
4208 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2008 :  7:09:05 PM  Show Profile
I would love to see a picture of these. I am having a hard time getting a mental picture. They sound lovely.:)

Jessie
Farmgirl Sister #235

Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work You don't give up.

Stop by my blog for a visit www.messiejessie2.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Christmas glass jar decor Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page