Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Changing Directions... Next Topic  

catscharm74
True Blue Farmgirl

4687 Posts

Heather
Texas
USA
4687 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2008 :  09:19:26 AM  Show Profile  Send catscharm74 a Yahoo! Message
Scott and I were able to have a "BIG" talk when he got home and things are changing for the better, though the direction is completely different from what we expected but we are SO much happier!! Strange, huh???

For Scott, he is has decided he really wants to do at least 4 more years in the military. We are SO close to that retirment cusp and with the way the economy is, it is our best bet right now. I love and support him and that is all that matters!!! He is also pursuing finishing his Masters within the next 6 months. YEE HAW!!!

Having said that, I have started the process to pursue my dual Masters in about 1 year. SO much has to happen before then, but that is my goal. I am also going for it all when it comes my job. I have my heart set high and I WILL achieve my goal- I am going straight to the top. (May even mean moving closer to the city, but we are actually excited about this. So not what we thought but when we started talking about it, we both got excited!!!)

We are looking into buying a house within the next 8-12 months, depending on where we are and we have knocked another 15% off our CC debt already. which is awesome. We are really sticking to a budget and that is helping tremendously.

We are starting to work with Charlie with pursuing a gifted program. We had him tested and he tested HIGHER than the average 2 1/2 year old on so many things, even out pacing some advanced 3 year olds. This is not to deem him better or to push him, but he needs the mental stimulation and he really seems to enjoy learning something new. We read A LOT and Santa is bringing some games for him. We go to the library once a week and I try to form what we get around what he is learning at dayschool. I am so proud of my little family.

I have been working hard at my health, again refocusing and changing directions and my thinking. It is helping. I am sleeping better and I have lost another 10lbs honestly without trying. Walking is helping a lot as is deep breathing exercises.

We rid the house of just about everything that wasn't us. We want a fresh start as we go do this new road and going lightly is helping a lot. Even my style is changing. Stepping it up a bit....

Clothing- I am SO into this whole lady like attire I see in all the stores. Classics with a hint of Coco Chanel or Jackie O or Audrey to it. With the job I am pursuing, this will fall in nicely. I am working on my girliness, as I never was before. It is fun to find a new side or life and I am having fun picking out the new me. I heard someone say "Hello, I just met my life." That is how I feel right now.

2009 is our year- I told hubby that last New Years and I really FEEL it in the pit of my stomach.

SO that is what has been happening around here. I won't be posting much but I will be reading. I will keep you posted as things come to ahead. HUGS!!!

Heather

Yee-Haw, I am a cowgirl!!!

FARMGIRL #90

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2008 :  09:29:11 AM  Show Profile
WOW !! What a future you have ahead of you! Keep at paying off those bills and keep down the clutter. Focus on what counts. You are doing such a good job, keep it up. We'll be watching for updates. God Speed and Good Luck.
Go to Top of Page

MsCwick
True Blue Farmgirl

775 Posts

Cristine
Farmville Virginia
USA
775 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2008 :  09:59:57 AM  Show Profile
Wow heather, it really sounds like you got your stuff together. I'm a mess without a goal or a plan. Whether it's daily, weekly, or a year from now, I have some idea of how I would like for thigns to go and it really does help get things rolling.
I wish you all the best...
cristine

Do what you can, with what you have, right where you are. - Roosevelt
www.thelittlegreenstore.embarqspace.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2008 :  7:45:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Wow, Heather! It sounds like your life is going in a great direction!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Changing Directions... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page