asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2008 :  06:57:23 AM  Show Profile
I don't care what anyone says, I love shopping for Christmas off of the internet. I hate the malls, I hate the crowds, the driving, etc. With the Internet I can sit in my PJs, drink my coffee and shop. There are so many deals out there, why wear yourself out dealing with the crowds and tired sales people. I did 1/2 of my shopping in an hour on Sunday and will finish up during Thanksgiving weekend. I still pick up small stuff at specialty shops in neighborhood shopping areas, but I can avoid the mall all together. I only shop stores I know on the internet and have never had a problem. They e-mail me the confirmations, the shipping tracking and in some instances pay for shipping no matter how much I spend. I just love it. Comes in a box to your door already to wrap. Who can't love that.

Anne in Portland, OR

"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them" Eyeore from Winnie the Pooh

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2008 :  07:07:29 AM  Show Profile
Anne, I'm with you. I did my Christmas shopping from one Catalog, Penzeys Spice. I only have one place to go to finish up. That is to the bank. The teenagers would rather have $ than Grandma shop for them. The Great grandkids get savings bonds. They get way too much stuff as it is. They will appreciate the bonds a whole lot more than some battery opperated toy, when they are off to college or setting up housekeeping.
Go to Top of Page

Suzan
True Blue Farmgirl

659 Posts

suzanne
duncannon pa
USA
659 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2008 :  07:15:23 AM  Show Profile
Me too!! I have been doing my Christmas shopping on the internet for years now and I've never had an issue. I hate to shop so it is ideal for me! Can do it with my jammies on and a cup of coffee whenever I feel like it!
Go to Top of Page

electricdunce
True Blue Farmgirl

2544 Posts

Karin
Belmont ME
USA
2544 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2008 :  08:24:48 AM  Show Profile
Belle, Isn't Penzey's Spices just the best? I love all their products, I guess I should think about doing a little holiday shopping there. I always have great plans to make something for everyone on my list, but seldom reach the bottom before the holidays come roaring in...

Karin

Farmgirl Sister #153

"Give me shelter from the storm" - Bob Dylan
http://moodranch.blogspot.com
http://domesticnonsense.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

MsCwick
True Blue Farmgirl

775 Posts

Cristine
Farmville Virginia
USA
775 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2008 :  08:47:14 AM  Show Profile
I can't stand mall shopping. I can't even stand wal mart this time of year. I know Christmas is a big deal, but it seems like people act like it's just an excuse to go on these crazy shopping sprees.
I wish my store was near walmart! Don't forget about us littleguys :)

Do what you can, with what you have, right where you are. - Roosevelt
www.thelittlegreenstore.embarqspace.com
www.thelittlegreenstore.blogspot.com
www.myspace.com/thelittlegreenstore
Go to Top of Page

FebruaryViolet
True Blue Farmgirl

4810 Posts

Jonni
Elsmere Kentucky
USA
4810 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2008 :  08:54:31 AM  Show Profile
I, too, love the internet for Christmas--in fact, I'm almost done. Most of my gifts were purchased on Etsy, and I do shop locally at some wonderful crafters and antique stores for items. I like to give one of a kind gifts, though I did order another "American West" Leather accessory item for my mother, from Tractor Supply. The products are pricey, but beautiful, and she can feel like a real "cowgirl" :)
Go to Top of Page

BarefootGoatGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1495 Posts

Corrine
North Carolina
USA
1495 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2008 :  09:08:16 AM  Show Profile  Send BarefootGoatGirl a Yahoo! Message
There are just some things you cant walk into a store and buy. If I'm going to buy a present I want it to be something worthwhile and meaningful and sometimes that means catalogue or internet shopping. When it comes to presents for the kids I am a huge fan of Hearth Song.

What we write today slipped into our souls some other day when we were alone and doing nothing.
-Brenda Ueland

http://quilandneedle.blogspot.com/

http://musingandmuttering.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Tammy Claxton
True Blue Farmgirl

1559 Posts

Tammy
Glen Burnie Maryland
USA
1559 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2008 :  10:09:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Tammy Claxton an AOL message
I agree. I hate the malls, the crowds and the RUDE people (not all of teh shoppers, just some) who are out there this time of year. I plan on doing most of mine online thisyear too. I already have a few things, but still have alot more to get.

Crafty Bay Farmgirl Chapter

"What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger"

Farmgirl #152

http://countryintheburbs.blogspot.com/

http://bigdogmom130.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

5 acre Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1007 Posts

~~~*Terri*~~~
WA.
USA
1007 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2008 :  10:26:04 AM  Show Profile
Here, shopping malls are "Shooting" galleries, shootings all the time, I too, shop off of the internet, not once have I had a problem with getting what I order.....

Farmgirl Sister #368
Please visit my new blog....We are looking at the question..."Are we as women really created to be his Helpmeet?"
http://thecontentedwoman.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Prairie Princess
True Blue Farmgirl

1075 Posts

Jodi
Washington
USA
1075 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2008 :  4:49:02 PM  Show Profile
You must be from western Washington. Lived there for 11 years...and you are absolutely right...the malls are scary! There was another shooting that way just the other day, wasn't there?? If that was my only option, I'd definitely be doing everything online. :-/

~Jodi

"Women are like teabags...you never know how strong they are until they get into hot water." Eleanor Roosevelt
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2008 :  5:03:43 PM  Show Profile
If anyone comes across one of those WI (is this how it's spelled?) games that you hook up to your tv and actually get physical doing the games, could you let me know? I have no idea where to even look or how to get there. My daughter said I should look on the internet for one. They are about $250 at Target, the only place I've looked so far. And I cannot remember the name of the place where people sell things on here, the bidding place. ( It's getting bad )

Anyway, I just thought while everyone's shopping, if you see one, you could e-mail me.

Thank you, Kris
Go to Top of Page

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2008 :  5:50:28 PM  Show Profile
E-Bay and Amazon.com would both be places worth checking out to find wii games.
Anyway I love shopping online especially this year with three children 3 and under....it's really not ideal to hit the malls!!!
Go to Top of Page

asnedecor
True Blue Farmgirl

1054 Posts

Anne
Portland Or
USA
1054 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2008 :  7:12:12 PM  Show Profile
Just got done grocery shopping at Freddie's and again I hate going to any large shopping area. Man, I almost got run over by a couple of grocery cart crazy people and everyone forgets to be polite in the parking lot - ugh!!

The internet is the best, and yes I forgot to mention, there are many farm girls out there with great sites to purchase from - so you know you are getting items that are well made and one of a kind.

Anne in Portland, OR

"Weeds are flowers too, once you get to know them" Eyeore from Winnie the Pooh
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2008 :  8:12:27 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, Misty!