Author Weather Report: Previous Topic Not Ready for Snow! Next Topic  

Magdalene
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

Prince Edward Island
Canada
24 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2008 :  08:46:40 AM  Show Profile
Well, it's the first winter storm of the season. Last night the wind howled and howled, shaking this little trailer so that we couldn't sleep. When we looked outside this morning there was about 8 inches of snow.

Hubby was scheduled to work and he figured it would be safe to go in as it WAS sunny at the time. I still can't believe he got out of our unplowed 800 foot driveway!

Alas, after he left, an incredibly powerful system walloped in. It's one thing to listen to the weather when I'm with hubby, another to cower here by myself thinking I'm going to blow away.

THEN, the power goes out. Thank goodness it's a full tank of propane so I switch that on, but it runs out fast so I keep the thermostat down. Brrr, Then, I hear a horrendous racket outside and I see the ALL the roofing has blown of the henhouse. Noooo! Hubby will NOT be pleased.

Then it started to snow again.

I pray that the weather improves so that hubby makes it home safely from work tonight. I want him home NOW!

I just checked the forecast and a 'winter storm warning' is in place. Nooo!

Once we're in the safe SOLID house with wood-stove, I'll be a much happier camper!

At least the power just came back on. I really should go check on the chickens, make sure no-one has blown away!

I obey the three 'C's of life: Cats, Chocolate, and Chickens

marcy jo
True Blue Farmgirl

453 Posts

Marcy
Wawaka Indiana
USA
453 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2008 :  08:52:59 AM  Show Profile  Send marcy jo a Yahoo! Message
Its hard to be snowed in all by yourself worried about your Hubby, he'll make it home safe and sound..they always do!! Keep warm. Its cold here but no snow today....monday its supposed to make an appearance!!

Marcy #257

When I stand before God at the end of my life I hope that I would not have a bit of talent left and could say “I used everything You gave me”.(erma bombeck)
Go to Top of Page

Marybeth
True Blue Farmgirl

6418 Posts

Mary Beth
Stanwood Wa 98292
USA
6418 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2008 :  12:25:18 PM  Show Profile
Oh Magdalene, Brrrr! We had a windstorm last night but it is too warm to snow. I hope your hubby made it home OK. I KNOW he did. How are the chickens doing? Stay safe. MB

www.strawberryhillsfarm.blogspot.com
www.day4plus.blogspot.com www.holyhouses-day4plus.blogspot.com
"Life may not be the party we hoped for...but while we are here we might as well dance!"
Go to Top of Page

Room To Grow
True Blue Farmgirl

974 Posts

Deborah
Kingston Georgia
USA
974 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2008 :  4:45:12 PM  Show Profile
It has rained here for 2 days none stop. Now I just saw the news and they are saying we are going to get snow tomorrow. The high is going to be 40 and the low tomorrow night is going to be 25....I am not ready for snow...But we did need the rain.
Deborah

we have moved to our farm...and love it
Go to Top of Page
  Weather Report: Previous Topic Not Ready for Snow! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page