Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 Marketplace
 Etsy store back up after long break!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Marketplace: Previous Topic Etsy store back up after long break! Next Topic  

rabbithorns
True Blue Farmgirl

544 Posts

Allison
Fort Scott KS
USA
544 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2008 :  8:08:30 PM  Show Profile
www.rabbithorns.etsy.com is back. I've been so busy at the retreat center where I live full-time now as a volunteer. But I finally got 2 whole weeks in Tucson where I sewed and crafted. I have more to do, but living in a yurt in the desert isn't much of an environment for crafting! LOL

Hoping to do more soon. Love all the creativity here. It's a delight to check out everyone's sites, blogs, and shops.

http://www.rabbithorns.etsy.com

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2008 :  9:12:12 PM  Show Profile
Allison!!
So good to see you back here!!1 We would love to hear all about your adventure!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

rabbithorns
True Blue Farmgirl

544 Posts

Allison
Fort Scott KS
USA
544 Posts

Posted - Nov 22 2008 :  8:02:49 PM  Show Profile
Hey, Jenny! Hope everything's been well with you. I've been so behind with any online communities.

I lived in a tent for three months - it's still VERY undeveloped out here - but eventually ended up living in a yurt. Which is a not-so-glamorous-but-certainly-adventurous round wall tent-like thing. Unfortunately I spent the summer evicting tarantulas and assassin bugs (the biting ones) and even a cute little mouse that ran along the inside of my cloth ceiling like it was a little round racetrack! But he only came by during monsoon and only at night, and finally I caught him and set him free elsewhere!

Now with winter and a propane heater, it's bug and pest free. The days are beautiful and the night skies are magnificent with stars. It's so dark out here, the sky becomes a wonder every night.

We have 3 study terms a year - it's like Buddhist bible camp. So the fall one just ended and although there are usually only a handful of folks here between terms, we now have about 12-15 working on building an earthbag retreat cabin for our teachers. The other retreat cabins slated for solitary three year retreat will be built when this one's finished. And I get to be the mom during the building as I'm cooking dinners for the volunteers and keeping the campground in order.

It's been great fun. My kids are living in Tucson, not far, and I'll go back there for Christmas and a month retreat in January ( a friend has a comfy casita).

We do alot of meditation and yoga (well the younger set does yoga and I try to get out of bed in the morning without holding my aching back!) and I feel like it's the 70's again - except for that aching back! People all ages and from all over the world come here to study Buddhist scripture and practice and to volunteer. It's quite inspiring.

We are looking at an exciting possibility. One of our nuns is an exceptional gardener and is looking at creating cottage industry for the center by planting our valley with lavender which seems perfectly suited to our climate, soil, etc.

If anyone has experience in that, I'd love to hear about it.

Will definitely try to catch up on how other folks are doing. Be happy!

http://www.rabbithorns.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
  Marketplace: Previous Topic Etsy store back up after long break! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page