RachelLeigh
True Blue Farmgirl

635 Posts

Rachel
Rainier WA
USA
635 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2005 :  08:20:23 AM  Show Profile
The worst gift I've ever seen was given to my sister when she was 16. Our uncle never saw us and had obviously lost track of our ages because he bought her one of those little sets of high heels, fake rings, and a plastic purse that a 5 year old girl would love. We all laughed so hard that night that we cried. She sent him a thank you note that told him the purse would be simply lovely to put her driver's license in.
Go to Top of Page

mommom
True Blue Farmgirl

854 Posts

Susan
Lancaster Pennsylvania
USA
854 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2006 :  7:03:18 PM  Show Profile
My DH isn't very present giving oriented. On our first anniversary, 28 years ago, he bought me a hotdog cooker. You stuck the hotdogs between two prongs and plugged it in and the electricity zapped it, and then the hotdog blew apart! On our 25th anniversary, still poor as ever, I told him I wanted one of those diamond rings with the three stones in it. He presented me with a little box and inside was the very ring I wanted! It was from WalMart and cost $10. I still wear it! You'd a thought it would have turned my finger green or black by now, but it's still shining! He says he's thankful that I'm not a material girl! Susan
Go to Top of Page

Bluewrenn
True Blue Farmgirl

1122 Posts

Erin
Texas
USA
1122 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2006 :  08:18:32 AM  Show Profile
My husband bought me a silver plated bedwarmer one year... But usually I just get scissors from him... lots and lots of scissors.

edited: You know, once we are on the ranch, that silver plated bedwarmer may come in handy... It's a reproduction of an old colonial styled one apparently and it works, so who knows - but sure not looking forward to him saying he was right after all... LOL

My Homesteading Journal http://toomyvara.livejournal.com

My craft journal http://bluewrenn.livejournal.com

Edited by - Bluewrenn on Sep 19 2006 08:20:56 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Holidays: Previous Topic Weirdest Christmas gift Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page