willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2008 :  07:16:44 AM  Show Profile
Okay this is a little gross but this was my 4:45 AM adventure!

At 4:45 this AM I woke to the overwhelming smell of dog poop! None of our dogs have EVER pooped in the house. Well at least Hagrid and Lily never had. Thunder had had several accidents as a small puppy but that has been some time and he is almost 3.

All three dogs were in the house though and so I figure one must have done it even though I didn't yet see it. Lily and Hagrid were sound asleep in the Kitchen. Thunder oh the other hand, was hanging his head in shame in the living room. The ONLY room in our house with carpet. Behind him was the MOST poop I have ever seen!

Thunder weighs about 165 pounds. He is an english mastiff. His popp looks like a cow pattie. Or in todays case 3 cow patties! Still moist and steaming!

I yelled to my husband who came running but really more in the way that he was helpful.

I donned gloves and paper towels and scooped the poop into a trash bag. I promise you it weighed OVER 2 POUNDS!

Then I spent from 5 to 6 AM steam cleaning the carpet! Finally I lay back in bed at 6:15 and then proceeded to sleep right throught the 6:45 alarm for church. (Our church starts at 8 and we have to leave by 7:40).

So I missed church today because of Dog POOP! Dear Lord, Please forgive me!!!! HAHAHAHA!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com

Edited by - willowtreecreek on Nov 16 2008 07:28:05 AM

lisamarie508
True Blue Farmgirl

2648 Posts

Lisa
Idaho City ID
USA
2648 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2008 :  07:21:45 AM  Show Profile
Wow! That is a lot of poop! Sounds like Thunder had a bit of an intestinal problem and just couldn't hold it. Poor baby. I'm sure he felt bad about it.

Farmgirl Sister #35

"If you can not do great things, do small things in a great way." Napoleon Hill (1883-1970)

my blog:
http://lisamariesbasketry.blogspot.com/

My basket Website:
http://www.freewebs.com/lisamariesbasketry/index.htm

[size=1]My apron website:
http://lisamariesaprons.bravehost.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2008 :  07:39:20 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Ah that poor dog!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2008 :  07:47:08 AM  Show Profile
Poop happens, I'm sure the good Lord will forgive you!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2008 :  08:29:34 AM  Show Profile
eeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwww (Plugging nose)Don't ya just love animals... and a great sniffer.. ha!

http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/

Cheryl #309
Farm girl sister

Enjoy the little things in life....someday you'll look back and realize they were the big things.
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2008 :  09:05:43 AM  Show Profile
HAHAHHAHA! Poop happens! Good one dawn!

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2008 :  7:07:31 PM  Show Profile
I have missed church because of poop before too..but it was cow poop.....which flew all over me (not a good morning) one time and I had to take another shower and it got too late...then had to deal with the mess in my little milk barn too (wood floors with rubber mats) ICK!
I think Heavenly Father forgives us..heehee

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2899 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2899 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2008 :  7:27:01 PM  Show Profile
Oh Julie!! I have SOOOO been there.. I have Great Danes, & just 2 weeeks ago, our Willow had DIIAARRHHEEAAA!!!!! everywhere. She pooped at least 6 piles of grass filled yuckies all over the house. I was at church for a meeting when it happened & when I got home hubby was donning a military grade gas mask..(not kidding) It took us 2 hours to get things back to normal....PEEEEE YEEEW!!!
Go to Top of Page

Beverley
True Blue Farmgirl

2707 Posts

Beverley
atlanta Michigan
USA
2707 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2008 :  9:22:32 PM  Show Profile
Oh Have I been there one or twice. I have a newfie that weighs in at about 130 and she has the easiest stomach to upset I have ever seen so hers is usually throw up. My husband has to take care of it cause it just about gags me. I take care of poop and he takes care of that. Your story was way to funny . I am sure it wasn't for you but it gave me a good chuckle. thanks!!! and I am sure God forgave you too. Bev

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog....Charles F. Doran
beverley baggett Beverley with an extra E...
http://bevsdoggies.googlepages.com/
Go to Top of Page

EnchantedWoodsGirl
True Blue Farmgirl

959 Posts

Kathy
New Jersey
USA
959 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2008 :  9:38:34 PM  Show Profile
I hope you dog is doing better, did you pull up his food for at least 24 hours or if you can't do it for that long then cook him some rice and boil some chicken and feel small amount. It could be s stomach thing - he hasn't gotten into anything has he? No vomitting? I have been around a lot of poop - trust me. No blood or anything unusual about the stool?

Kathy of the Enchanted Wood
Farmgirl Sister #59
http://enchantedwoodmusings.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2008 :  05:03:39 AM  Show Profile
He's not sick! He always has big poops. He is a 160 pound mastiff. He just decided to poop on the living room floor for some reason. He's been going through a "stage" lately when he's been doing really goofy stuff. Kind of like a teenager. Vet said his behavior was "normal" for a dog his age and by summer he will calm down and be more like an "old man".

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

frolicnfibers
True Blue Farmgirl

668 Posts

Diana
White City Oregon
USA
668 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2008 :  08:36:39 AM  Show Profile
Oh your poor doggie and poor you also! If our dog does anything it's usually throw up in the middle of the night...and of course I'm the cleaner-upper of all things gross! She has a problem with digestion if we give her anything unusual, so we stopped that, but every now and then she digs up an old bone, and here we go again! :)

Diana

Please come visit my animals and my Etsy store on my new blog!
http://www.frolicnfibers.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Jami
True Blue Farmgirl

1238 Posts

Jami
Ellensburg WA
USA
1238 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2008 :  08:54:46 AM  Show Profile
Oh your stories just reminded me of the many times I've cleaned up dog doo inside over the years which led to why our dogs sleep in the garage at night during cold weather now. We have a shovel in the garage for accidents and just scoop up and toss. Our little Boston terrier sleeps in a crate in our bedroom and if she needs to go out she wakes us up with whines and gets put out. The dogs get to visit inside for a while before bedtime and then out they go. They have nice beds in the garage. When we got new carpet we made this change.
Gosh, did I feel for you when you described the "scene". You sure described it well too! Hope today is better for the hounds...and you.

Jami in WA

Farmgirl Sister #266
http://woolyinwashington.wordpress.com/
http://farmhouseflair.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

MsCwick
True Blue Farmgirl

775 Posts

Cristine
Farmville Virginia
USA
775 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2008 :  11:37:37 AM  Show Profile
We have the 7 month old siberian huskey and we had to cut him down to a table spoon of canned food because all of a sudden, he couldnt hold his poo anymore. and he's hefty enough to eat half a can once a day for dinner...it hurt his tummy so bad ..and it got all down his rear and we had to clean him up....
we all go through this...
had your pup gotten into something he shouldnt have?
at least we can find poopy fellowship here on the forum...;)
Go to Top of Page

Annab
True Blue Farmgirl

2900 Posts

Anna
Seagrove NC
USA
2900 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2008 :  03:04:42 AM  Show Profile
Poor all of you

That's what I love about dogs. If given the choice, they would MUCH rather do their business elsewhere.

We all have our bad days
Go to Top of Page

shepherdgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

1008 Posts

Tracy
California
USA
1008 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2008 :  07:08:45 AM  Show Profile
Ick! I LOOOOOOVE animals-- I just don't love what comes OUT of them!!! Living on a farm I'm up to my EYEBALLS in poop!!! With 20 mini goats, 26 sheep, 4 horses, 5 dogs, who knows HOW MANY chickens, ducks, a goose, a pot belly pig, 4 horses, and now, 3 COWS, (not to mention a bunch of barn cats-- but they're all outside-- except Lt. Dan, and HE wears DIAPERS that I have to change several times a day!) Sigh.... if anybody feels your "pain" Julie, I certainly DO! But, if you want animals, you take all that comes with them. (AND OUT of them! LOL!!!)

One good thing is you, and some of the other ladies who chimed in, have HUSBANDS who help with the nasty clean up. Count yourselves fortunate girls... MY huaband wouldn't even change a DIAPER when our boys were babies-- let alone clean up his OWN dog's poop! (or HIS cows, or HIS sheep..... sigh.....) Hugs and nose plugs! ~~ Tracy

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. ~~ George Carlin

Edited by - shepherdgirl on Nov 18 2008 07:31:59 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Poop Everywhere!!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page