Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 What is the BEST thing that happened to this week?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic What is the BEST thing that happened to this week? Next Topic  

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2008 :  3:22:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
What is the best thing that happened to you/with you this week?

The very best thing that happened to me this week is Nora deciding she wanted to be my buddy this morning. She wanted to help me with all my chores. She helped start the washing machine, she also brought about 75% of the laundry from the dryer to the living room for me to fold all by herself! Then she took the kitchen laundry (rags, pot holders etc) to the kitchen so her daddy could put them away. It was so sweet and unexpected. And the joy on her face when she was getting praised each step of the way- priceless! What a sweetheart!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2008 :  3:54:51 PM  Show Profile
Isn't that the greatest thing that could happen to a mom? I loved when my kids were little and they thought work was actually play, then they grow up and start thinking, shoot!

The best thing that happened to me this week is when I made a request to the stashaholic ladies. I asked if anyone had any embroidery things they'd like to get rid of for the little lady I help take care of. The one I wrote about in Growing Old Together that has pancreatic cancer. We were talking the other day how she loved to embroider but all her things are at her house in Mont. Ala. When she came here, she came straight from the hosp. Didn't get to go home at all.

There were two ladies that jumped on it and Judith has already sent a package to her yesterday! Monica, too. Isn't that great when people want to do something for someone they don't even know? So that is the BEST thing that's happened to me this week.

Thank you both for being so nice and sweet to Mrs. G. It just makes me happy to know there are people like ya'll in this world!

Kris

Edited by - kristin sherrill on Nov 13 2008 3:57:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2008 :  4:00:02 PM  Show Profile
The best thing this week,...besides getting MJ magazine in the mail.. was going to the thrift store and getting some great treasures. Some to keep & some to give away.

http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/

Cheryl #309
Farm girl sister

Enjoy the little things in life....someday you'll look back and realize they were the big things.
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2008 :  5:17:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Kristin- That is wonderful! What a great way for ladies with plenty to share the wealth with someone who needs a kindness in their life.

Yes, it is so funny to see her helping out. She makes me so proud to see how she just absorbs things in from her environment. I know i am in for it when she gets older, so that makes these moments all the more precious to me.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Mumof3
True Blue Farmgirl

3890 Posts

Karin
Ellenwood GA
USA
3890 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2008 :  5:38:57 PM  Show Profile
Best thing? I got my bedroom and craft room cleaned- spotless!! I know it's not that exciting, but hey, it's done. :)

Karin

Farmgirl Sister
# 18 :)

www.perfectlittlemiracle.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2008 :  5:53:33 PM  Show Profile
We settled on our totaled car.

Farmgirl Sister #98
Check out my new online store
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

Contrary Wife
True Blue Farmgirl

2164 Posts

Teresa Sue
Tekoa WA
USA
2164 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2008 :  5:58:35 PM  Show Profile  Send Contrary Wife a Yahoo! Message
My best thing, I deep cleaned my fridge, it is sparkeling for the holidays now. Today someone told me about putting plastic doilies on the glass shelves in your fridge and I thought, how MaryJane! I believe I'm going to do it.

Teresa Sue
Farmgirl Sister #316
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Badgebadger
MJ's Heirloom Mavens Bookclub Coordinator
"Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly." The Dalai Lama
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2008 :  7:04:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Awesome! What a nice week we are all having!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2008 :  7:48:46 PM  Show Profile
Oh gosh, I've been so blessed this week in so many ways. Monday was my birthday and hubby sent me beautiful flowers & a box of candy. Two of my friends from my knitting group took me out to lunch, and then hubby took me to dinner and shopping at the mall.

Tuesday evening I got to go to my garden club meeting and we had two wonderful speakers, and then afterwards went to my knitting group where they had made 3 desserts in honor of my birthday and I also received several sweet birthday cards.

Yesterday I made a thanksgiving apron and I got to just relax for the day.

Today while working floor duty at the real estate office I got a lead from a family looking to lease a home. I took them to 4 places this evening, and I think they really like the one place so I'll actually make some money if they're approved. The amount I'd make is exactly what I need to pay my yearly real estate dues. That will come in handy because I can't afford the $500 right now! But I firmly believe that God truly DOES provide :)

And how could I have forgotten...My MJF magazine arrived in the mail today

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!

http://farmgirldreams.blogspot.com/

Edited by - dkelewae on Nov 13 2008 7:50:23 PM
Go to Top of Page

Magdalene
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

Prince Edward Island
Canada
24 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2008 :  04:07:50 AM  Show Profile
The best thing this week is my hubby starting work today! And not a moment too soon.

While this means work on our house will slow to a near standstill, it also means food on the table and bills being paid.

Priorities will get you every time!

I obey the three 'C's of life: Cats, Chocolate, and Chickens
Go to Top of Page

katie-ell
True Blue Farmgirl

1818 Posts

Katie
Illinois
1818 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2008 :  04:12:59 AM  Show Profile
Best thing this week was that our real estate taxes were reduced by $1800, after I'd filed an appeal. Quite complicated, but since we make less than $100,000 (!!!) and have lived in our house more than 10 years, we qualified for a special equalizer. Assessments have skyrocketed in our area -- unfortunately they are reflective of values of 2 years ago, not today's real estate prices. Anyway, just got word yesterday of the reduction. And that's a relief!!

www.youaretoocreative.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2008 :  04:24:41 AM  Show Profile
Best thing for me was my decision to get professional help, with the help of 2 good friends (A. and the Pastor)

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

http://princess-of-pink-creations.blogspot.com/
my new BLOG.
I have added "new" creations, take a look :)
And also some pictures of my village, come for a visit
Go to Top of Page

abbysshadow
True Blue Farmgirl

224 Posts

Sherry
Dayton Nevada
USA
224 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2008 :  07:17:50 AM  Show Profile
The best thing that has happened this week for me was yesterday, I had the day off so I went back to bed after hubby went to work and did puzzles in the morning FOR HOURS, got up and got floors mopped and bathrooms cleaned, then I had my grandbaby (17 mos.) for the afternoon and evening until 8:30...got to give her supper and a bath with lots of time for play...she is sooo fun and funny....she is my sunshine :)

...I cannot do all the good that the world needs, but the world needs all the good that I can do...
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2008 :  10:08:00 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I think we should start this as a tradition. I will try to remember to ask this question on the forum every Thursday. If I forget, someone remind me? It makes me smile to read all the wonderful things that have been going on this week!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2008 :  10:29:59 AM  Show Profile
It's Friday! I'm looking forward to spending time with my honey and doing some Christmas shopping this weekend!

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
MJ's Heirloom Maven's Librarian

Go to Top of Page

pinkroses
True Blue Farmgirl

2350 Posts

Sheila
Virginia
USA
2350 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2008 :  12:22:19 PM  Show Profile
That I finally was able to get out of the house ;
since I had been stuck in ; sick as a dog for 4 weeks.
felt like I had been let out of jail. lolpinkroses

www.ohkayteagirl2.blogspot.com
http;//www.sheilascreativetouches.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Pammy
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

Pamila
Williamstown WV
USA
16 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2008 :  12:42:09 PM  Show Profile
Well,I got out the last of my sewing orders for the month and since I don't take any in from now till the new year I can really start on making all of my Christmas gifts. I shampooed the carpeting in the living room so that job is done as well.I guess this week was all about accomplishing what at one time seemed impossible!!!Reading all of these good things about your week has truly lightened my soul for the week-end...and I Thank-You!!!!

This little piggy went wee wee wee...all the way home.Aunt Pammy
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2008 :  1:47:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Oh Sheila! It is wonderful that you were able to get up and out!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

jinia
True Blue Farmgirl

152 Posts

jinia
mo
USA
152 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2008 :  2:04:51 PM  Show Profile
I like this topic! Best thing this week...My 6 year old sons Parent/Teacher conference!
Go to Top of Page

lacisne88
True Blue Farmgirl

1181 Posts

Chelsey
Lake Stevens Washington
USA
1181 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2008 :  2:08:38 PM  Show Profile
I got a 95 out of 100 on a huge spanish literary essay that I have been worried about. YAY! It made me happy!

I also finished another scarf for my holiday gifts.

Chelsey
Farmgirl Sister #283

http://farmgirlpleasures.blogspot.com/

http://aminiatureworld.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

dkelewae
True Blue Farmgirl

1310 Posts

Diana
Saint Peters MO
USA
1310 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2008 :  2:48:06 PM  Show Profile
I have two additions....Son starts a new job tomorrow (WOO HOO!) and I have a job interview on Tuesday morning at an insurance company. I'm tired of being a starving real estate agent! LOL! Actually I'll keep doing the real estate part time, but if I get this job it'll be nice to have a regular paycheck again.

Diana
Farmgirl Sister #272
St. Peters MO
Country Girl trapped in the city!

http://farmgirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic What is the BEST thing that happened to this week? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page