gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2008 :  3:45:58 PM  Show Profile
I make a weeks worth of dinners for FIL abd MIL they don't eat very well so I have doing this for a little while. They like fish but I have found no good recipes that reheat well.I was thinking a salmon patty any body have a good one.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273

JulieJ
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Julie
In The Trees MD
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2008 :  3:54:40 PM  Show Profile
I use my grandma's recipe. no measurements just kinda dump it in. 1 can of salmon mixed with 1 egg, some dried onion, italian bread crumbs, a little worchestshire sauce. sometimes a spalsh of milk. mix it together, pat into patties and fry until browned on both sides. They do reheat well, although there arent usually any left overs here.
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2008 :  5:13:58 PM  Show Profile
That is exactly how I make them too..except for plain bread crumbs and a splash of tabasco. I fry them in a cast iron skillet with a little butter. The kids love them. I should make them more often I think!

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2008 :  5:23:24 PM  Show Profile
I make mine with an egg, chopped onion, corn meal and a little flour. Fry it in a cast iron skillet in a little oil.

Isn't that neat how everyone makes the same thing, but so different? I'll have to try it ya'lls way next time. Sounds good.

Oh, I always have some left over to freeze for hubby to take on the road with him. He says they make a great sandwich.

Kris
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2008 :  6:19:20 PM  Show Profile
My 12 year old son likes them cold in his lunchbox..ick. They do reheat well for sure though. I make a double batch at least when I make them.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Nicie
True Blue Farmgirl

185 Posts

Denise
Lincoln NE
USA
185 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2008 :  6:31:59 PM  Show Profile
I use oatmeal instead of flour or bread crumbs. I figure the extra roughage from the oatmeal will be good for them. - lol
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2008 :  6:38:39 PM  Show Profile
Thanks so much I will give them a try this week.

Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

wooliespinner
True Blue Farmgirl

1311 Posts

Linda
Manchester Ohio
1311 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2008 :  07:10:55 AM  Show Profile
I make mine with one can of salmon, 1 egg, 1/2 chopped onion, 1 package of whole wheat ritz crackers rolled very fine.There are 3 individual stacks in each box....I use 1 of those. Also fresh black pepper. I just make them into patties and brown them on both sides. We usually have macaroni and tomatoe juice with butter and pepper added and green beans or spagetti and sauce.
I have been using that recipe for 25 years.

This is making me hungry I think we are going to have that for dinner tonight....lol.

Linda

Raspberry Run Farm
Nubian Dairy Goats
Go to Top of Page

Bellepepper
True Blue Farmgirl

1207 Posts

Belle
Coffeyville KS
USA
1207 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2008 :  11:46:06 AM  Show Profile
I pretty much use the same recipe as everyone else but I sprinkle the pattie with salt free lemon pepper before frying. I serve it with fried potatoes and peas. Don't know why but it is always fried potatoes and peas. Oh yes, I make a sauce for the salmon, Mayo, grated onion, dill pickle, and capers. I love the left over salmon patties on a toco shell with the mayo mixture and some shredded cabbage the next day. Now I wish I didn't already have tonights supper planned.
Go to Top of Page

SheilaC
True Blue Farmgirl

1948 Posts

Sheila
Vermont
USA
1948 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2008 :  7:09:40 PM  Show Profile
My husband raises trout, so we make the same type patty but with trout(cooked) instead of salmon; basically the same as everyone else's recipes, kind of like a crab cake but with finfish instead. We usually throw in whatever veggies there are leftover in the fridge too, to use them up and to bulk up the patties.
Go to Top of Page

mikesgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

3659 Posts

Sherri
Elma WA
USA
3659 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2008 :  7:25:13 PM  Show Profile
I just saw this topic and thought someone from our coastal area had come up with a clever screen name!

Farmgirl Sister #98
Check out my new online store
http://www.shopthefrontier.com/VFstore/index.php?manufacturers_id=79&osCsid=6be4b25bf9555031c6e2e86bbde23dba
Go to Top of Page

ivmeer
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Amanda
Pawtucket RI
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2008 :  04:09:54 AM  Show Profile
The recipe in Moosewood Restaurant New Classics is good.
Go to Top of Page
  Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Salmon Patty? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page