Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up
 Just need some prayers
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Just need some prayers Next Topic  

dutchy
True Blue Farmgirl

4427 Posts

4427 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2008 :  08:56:13 AM  Show Profile
for myself, please.
I am feeling so yuck again. This moods keeps coming sooner and quicker as soon as the weather turns cold and dark.
I am a sunshine girl I guess. Even though I love the holiday season.

I don't know why I feel like this now. Had a good weekend and a great Sunday. Maybe that is why. Had such a lovely day yesterday with a church family and now I am home alone and just feel sad.

I have many crafts to do etc. but just don't feel like it. Just wanna curl up on the couch and cry I guess :(

Hugs from Marian/Dutchy, a farmgirl from the Netherlands :)

http://princess-of-pink-creations.blogspot.com/
my new BLOG.
I have added "new" creations, take a look :)
And also some pictures of my village, come for a visit

carycamille
True Blue Farmgirl

163 Posts

Camille
Cathlamet Washington
USA
163 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2008 :  09:03:49 AM  Show Profile
Sending lots of prayers and "HUGS" your way. I know I get to feeling that way too! I have so much that I want to do but then I just can't find the energy to do them. I know if I just start doing something I will usually get caught up in it, it's just the starting part. Hang in there!!!

Camille
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2008 :  09:04:37 AM  Show Profile
Dutchy, sometimes I feel that way, too. It's ok to cry. You need to do that every now and then. I think it makes ya feel better then you wonder why you felt like that anyway. So go ahead and have a good cry, then get up and do some crafty stuff for someone.

How's the weather way over yonder? Is it beautiful there like it is here now? I sure wish I could post pictures of the most beautiful, spectacular tree ever! It's so bright golden yellow, ya need sunglasses to look at it.

I sure hope the rest of your day is better. Lots of hugs and a prayer coming your way over the ocean.

Kris
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2008 :  10:34:41 AM  Show Profile
Marian, I also feel that way sometimes. I'm sending lots of hugs your way and you will be in my prayers. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Magdalene
Farmgirl in Training

24 Posts

Prince Edward Island
Canada
24 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2008 :  10:36:20 AM  Show Profile
I get like that sometimes, though not as much as I used to, thank goodness.

Best thing is to curl up with a good book, a warm blanket, a mug of hot chocolate or tea, and preferably some warm, happy kitties. And chocolate, how could I forget!

Hope you're feeling better!

I obey the three 'C's of life: Cats, Chocolate, and Chickens
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2008 :  11:17:25 AM  Show Profile
Marian, it is very much ok to want to cry. It is dark and gloomy and cold here too. I hope that you feel better soon.
*hugs*

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
MJ's Heirloom Maven's Librarian

Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2008 :  11:38:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Dutchy I hope you start feeling better soon! Eat more of the foods with Omega-3 in them and also beta carotene. Carrots and winter squash are wonderful for this. Also in the winter I up the wattage in all my lights. The extra heat generated is nice but not too noticeable but the extra light sure is!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4745 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4745 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2008 :  2:48:43 PM  Show Profile
A big hug to you Marian. I get the blahs too once in awhile. I hope you find things to do that make you smile again. Wish we could get together for coffee!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

kmbrown
True Blue Farmgirl

459 Posts

Misty
Waynesboro Pennsylvania
USA
459 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2008 :  3:05:00 PM  Show Profile
Lots of sunshine being sent your way Marian. I know here in PA by Feb. I have days like that as well. I really hope that you have a much better day tomorrow and who knows....maybe God will even send the Netherlands some sunshine in November!!
Go to Top of Page

acairnsmom
True Blue Farmgirl

1319 Posts

audrey
cheyenne wy
1319 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2008 :  4:23:22 PM  Show Profile
Dutchy, I get that way myself and although I love the fall I also hate it because I know I'll start getting depressed and tired. I read that it is called "Seasonal Affective Disorder" aka "SAD". If that doesn't describe it I don't know what does! It is caused by the lack of sunlight at this time of year. My husband bought me some full spectrum lights that I sit under as much as I can. They are supposed to simulate sunlight and I think they help. Also I try to walk the dog in the morning so I'm out in the bright light of morning for about an hour.

Just knowing this is how you are in the winter helps. I used to think I was really depressed and just when it got bad enough that I would start thinking about getting some medical help, the seasons would change and the sun would last longer each day and I could feel myself coming out of it. Then I read an article describing this condition and I thought, Hallelujah! I'm not crazy!!!!

Get yourself some of these lamps (Ott lights are one brand but there are cheaper ones too). Put one where you sit to watch TV and one by the computer and one where you sit and knit. Sit under them as much as you can. They won't make the whole thing go away but I think you'll find that your symptoms are more manageble.

And don't forget when you feel real lonely, your friends are on this forum and waiting to talk to you.

Audrey

Toto, we're not in Kansas any more!
Go to Top of Page

Nance in France
True Blue Farmgirl

1438 Posts

Nancy
St. Laurent de la Salanque
France
1438 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2008 :  07:15:12 AM  Show Profile
Bonjour, gal pals! Marian, hugs to you. Audrey has some great advice...well, actually all the gals do. I have a cousin who is affected by SAD also and she LOVES her lamp. It truly helps her so that is something to consider. Many people do not like the change to cold weather, with the sun going down earlier. Think of it as an excuse to light some pretty candles even earlier in the evening! When the sun sets that is one of the first things I do...light one or two candles in my living room and plop down in a comfy chair, book, hot tea or wine, and gaze at the little flame and let my mind wander. When the weather gets colder, sometimes I take a brisk walk around the neighborhood right at dusk, so that when I return home, it is exhilarating to come in from the cold and darkening sky; makes me feel really thankful to have my own "shelter from the storm".

Buck up, baby; you can shake off the blues! You are not called the Princess of Pink for nothing! Hugs to all, Nance
Go to Top of Page
  Hogs & Quiches & Prayers Round-up: Previous Topic Just need some prayers Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page