Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2008 :  5:18:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I filled up the gas tank in the car today. Thank goodness gas prices have gone down! We are down to $2.14 at Costco today :D It has literally cut the cost of filling up in half. The pump I used was acting funky and I almost overfilled the tank before I realized that $35 was all I needed to put in! YAY!

We are still going to stick to our conservation ways as always, but now just getting Doug to work and going Grocery Shopping won't be so devastating to our budget!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2008 :  6:02:25 PM  Show Profile
Alee, I drove my DD's little Kia to Col. and gas was between $1.97 abd $2.35 all the way there and back!!! I saved so much by driving her car. I have a Trooper and would have spent 3 times as much taking it. I was SO thankful that gas was soo cheap at this particular time. Otherwise I probably could not have gone on this trip.

I kept thinking it would go back up any minute but didn't. I don't know how long it will be so low. I sure wish we could stock up on gas like we do everything else. I remember my dad had a tank for gas when I was a kid. The gas truck would come fill it up and us kids would stand real close to smell the gas. That was fun. (and kinda stupid). We used to ride our bikes behind the mosquito spraying truck, too. Geeze, that was dumb. But we were kids and didn't have much sense then.

I only go to town twice a week most of the time. So I really don't use as much as I used to.

Kris
Go to Top of Page

Annika
True Blue Farmgirl

5602 Posts

Annika

USA
5602 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2008 :  6:07:57 PM  Show Profile
Isn't it great? we aren't paying $70 just to get around town.

Annika
Farmgirl & sister #13
Mud Hen Queen
MJ's Heirloom Maven's Librarian

Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2008 :  6:58:14 PM  Show Profile
Prices are down here too in Klamath Falls Oregon. $2.15 at FredMeyer.... Makes any plans of travel more feasible...

http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/

Cheryl #309
Farm girl sister

Enjoy the little things in life....someday you'll look back and realize they were the big things.
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4741 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4741 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2008 :  7:13:51 PM  Show Profile
Here in IL, we are paying $2.79 or so per gallon. I sure hope our prices drop like the rest of the countries soon. For some reason store prices aren't dropping yet. I wish they would come down now too.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2008 :  8:55:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
I have noticed that the food prices are still a bit spendy, but they are slowly coming down. I think it will take a LOT longer for food prices to come down because if all the stores keep their prices high, consumers will be forced to pay more and give more bucks to the wallet of the store owner. I am really into supporting my local co-op which is trying desperately to keep prices down and I shop for my main groceries at Costco. I am transitioning to Local food as much as possible, but right now with the fall crops already in, we don't have as much choice as I need. I didn't get a chance to can this year so I will be buying Costco through the winter and Spring and going local as much as I can through farmer's market and food co-op once the spring crops start being harvested. I think this will help bring our food cost down.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

Lainey
True Blue Farmgirl

2401 Posts

Elaine
Waco Kentucky
USA
2401 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2008 :  07:00:56 AM  Show Profile
The gas here is around $1.99 a gallon. If the prices remain like that we figure that we might be spending nearly $250.00 less a month on fuel. I hope that these prices will stay like this or even go some lower. Those higher prices the past few years have made things a bit harder around here.

Farmgirl Sister #25

http://countrygirldreams.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2008 :  08:28:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Lainey-

Yes, the gas prices around here have halved which mean for us that saves us about $100 a month with conservative driving and actually makes it possible to go visit family more often. I am so so so thankful. Doug and I are talking about saving up for the next year or so and getting ourselves a super efficient car.

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

kissmekate
True Blue Farmgirl

890 Posts

Kate
Delano Minnesota
890 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2008 :  11:25:03 AM  Show Profile
Gas was $1.93 per gallon here. I think the "local" purchases movement really helped keep food prices as competitive as possible. I know all of our stores made a point of mentioning that the item in question was grown locally.

I love not spending 20-25% of my paycheck filling up every week.

Don't miss out on a blessing, just because it isn't packaged the way you expected. ~MaryJo Copeland
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2008 :  2:39:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
That is great, Kate! I feel like I can breathe again. I seriously had to go back on anxiety medicine when the gas prices were so high. I was seriously worried about how we were going to make it as a family without me having to put Nora in daycare, drop out of College and go to work at the same place Doug was!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA