Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Photos added - The colors in the mountains...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Photos added - The colors in the mountains... Next Topic  

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2008 :  2:25:30 PM  Show Profile
are absolutely drop dead gorgeous this year. We have been to the Chimney Rock area in NC, and also stayed in cabins near Waynesville, and also in a house near Knoxville......we come to the mountains each year, but this one has been the most beautiful of all.

Blue skies, all the fall colors imaginable, and crisp weather. My hubby is sitting on the porch of the cabin we stayed in. It was an old cabin moved to this site and refurbished. It still had bits of old newspaper stuck to the walls from previous use as insualtion. They said they pressure washed the logs, but the paper did not all come off.....it was fun to go around the walls and read bits of old timey news......just goes to show how flour and water make a very good paste!

check out where we stayed.....www.boydmountaincabins.com

Farmgirl Sister # 31

www.blueskyjeannie.blogspot.com

Psalm 51: 10-13

Edited by - jpbluesky on Nov 18 2008 12:12:11 PM

Carol Sue
True Blue Farmgirl

4033 Posts

Carol Sue
Washingtonian
USA
4033 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2008 :  2:48:25 PM  Show Profile
Shirley Jean,
Wow girl, you are having an amazing time!!!!
Tell us if the biscuit dough cone ends up working for that great molasses.....

Farmgirl #39
www.Quitemoments.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

kristin sherrill
True Blue Farmgirl

11303 Posts

kristin
chickamauga ga
USA
11303 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2008 :  4:46:51 PM  Show Profile
It sounds beautiful there. But I guess all the mountains are. You should see Lookout Mt. right now. It'll take your breath away! I cannot imagine anyone seeing this beauty and saying there is no God.

I can see why you would not want to go back to Fla. It's not a thing like it is where you are now. At least you have this wonderful memory and can take that with you.

Have fun and eat a biscuit for me! I'll have to try that with the malasses, too. I bought some at a country fair that they made right there. It's better than honey.

Kris
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2008 :  5:13:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
What a great place to be! I wish I was there! :D

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4741 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4741 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2008 :  7:12:25 PM  Show Profile
I am so jealous! I'd love to go on a real vacation. We did have a simply gorgeous fall here in IL though. Beautiful skies, trees and weather. The chilly, rainy part of fall has arrived for this weekend though. Glad you loved your vacation so much!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2008 :  05:51:43 AM  Show Profile
Dawn, we grew up in Illinois, and I get homesick for that part of the country, too. I am glad to hear the fall there has been pretty.

Here is how the biscuits with molasses goes:

Use canned biscuits, cooked like roasting marshmallows over coals, only it takes longer and comes out a cone shaped bread.

Pour warm molasses into the hole the stick left and enjoy.

We read abaout this in Weaverville/Marshall Sentinel newspaper. They had a big article on making molasses.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9093 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9093 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2008 :  06:45:47 AM  Show Profile
Jeannie,
Green here with envy. Sounds like you are and have had a great time. I think the fall colors this year have been the best in years, so I can just see how pretty it must be where you are.
NANCY JO

www.Nancy-Jo.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2008 :  1:43:51 PM  Show Profile
Oh Jeannie, That sounds wonderful. Isn't it nice to be able to see those colors. I think we forget about our own physical blessing sometimes. Let us know about the dough on sticks. That sounds yummy & great for my grankids to try when they are here over Thanksgiving. I have talked my Dh into building a fire pit inthe back yard befor ethe kids get here. Thinking of new family traditions now that I am closer to them.

http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/

Cheryl #309
Farm girl sister

Enjoy the little things in life....someday you'll look back and realize they were the big things.
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2008 :  1:33:16 PM  Show Profile
Home now......:( but happy to be in my own bed) and I resolve to make my daily life closer to what I found wonderful up there. As always I feel the urge to sinmplify and be out of the chaos of living urban..........

But I must quit eating now. I gained over 2 pounds when I was trying to lose!

Cheryl, the firepit is a great idea for forming family traditions. There is no one who does not love gathering around a fire.

Farmgirl Sister # 31

Edited by - jpbluesky on Nov 11 2008 1:34:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

melanie47601
True Blue Farmgirl

1949 Posts

Melanie
Boonville IN
USA
1949 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2008 :  4:09:37 PM  Show Profile  Send melanie47601 a Yahoo! Message
Oh Jeannie, did you take any pictures of your trip. I'd love to see some!
I have always wanted to vacation in the mountains. Keeping my fingers crossed for a trip next year.

Melanie

http://wheelsarealwaysturning.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

jpbluesky
True Blue Farmgirl

6066 Posts

Jeannie
Florida
USA
6066 Posts

Posted - Nov 12 2008 :  5:12:17 PM  Show Profile
I will try to post some. I took a lot, and when I can sit down and post them I will.....maybe Friday!

Farmgirl Sister # 31

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Photos added - The colors in the mountains... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page