grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  09:34:16 AM  Show Profile
Which month are you going to get in the Phat Box? I just sold the fiber I was going to do for the County Fair One - then I found out she is going to place that fiber in the County Fair box but now it is under her name... I found out she has done that on two other boxes and did not even mention my farm name. Not a happy camper on this... They are still I guess talking over the Nov Dec boxes so I am not sure what I wish to do... Your thoughts??

How bad is Gary's Leg?? It has not been that long - what do the doc's have to say?? I will broaden the prayer circle for him...

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  09:58:47 AM  Show Profile
Grace, I am going to do the box for August. I would not be happy about having fiber in a box and not having my name on it! I have not heard of that though. I do have an ad up on the Phat Fiber Blog as one of next months contributors and I have noticed that I have been getting more views on my stuff lately!

Gary is still using a cane to get around and I am going to get him an appointment with a doctor. I think part of it is that he is feeling under a bit of pressure to get back to work and also facing the possibility that he may never completely heal up! To be honest, I think that the nurses that put him into the car hurt him more! I could still just go and punch those two! I would never again go to that hospital! They never even cleaned up any of the abrasions or even the blood off his face and they took forever to give him anything for pain and when they did, it was about the equivalent to an aspirin! I would not treat a filthy flea ridden dog the way they treated my husband! Sorry to rant! I just get so worked up thinking about that @%$^ place!
I think I need to go spin now and calm down!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
www.justducky48.blogspot.com
www.heroesandink.blogspot.com
www.duckystreasurechest.etsy.com

Edited by - oldfashioned girl on Jul 28 2010 09:59:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  1:14:46 PM  Show Profile
Oh Monica you go girl and rant all you want!!! You know they sure charge enough but the care gets worse and worse! Will keep prayers going for Gary.

Please pray for my cousin,Guy, his wife had a massive heart attack or something and is on life support. There is no brain activity so will be taking her off today, he will need the strength only God can give him.

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...
Isaiah 40:31

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  2:02:34 PM  Show Profile
Rae, I will definitely be praying for Guy!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  3:57:15 PM  Show Profile
Rae,we are praying for Guy and family. How heartbreaking.

I am a nurse girls, please don't judge us all by what a few bad lemons do. I know when we were visiting with my BIL at the hosptial, my sil asked when a test was being done and the nurse fired back, "at 5 o'clock just like I told you before." Like my sil was not fatigued from waiting hand and foot on bil for over a week, worried sick, and trying to sign all the documents that was needed for admit. I couldn't believe my ears! She would have been written up if I was doing things...my husband went out in the hall at 5pm and looked at his watch when the xray people hadn't showed up and then looked at that nurse and she ducked her head and would not make eye contact after that. Right after she had said that to my sister in law in my bil's room and we are standing there, hubby whispered to me, "She's a professional!", did I tell you that Danny's hearing isn't the best so when he whispers, it isn't a soft whisper? I am sure she heard him. Please understand nursing is not an easy profession...someone wants more than you can give in the amount of time that you have to give it. The patients, the family, the doctors, other staff members, and documentation...its crazy! But no matter what profession the bottom line is; you always treat people with respect and dignity.

Grace, how is your birdie? Sounded like you were the nurse yesterday for your pets. They are nice patients aren't they?

Monica, hope Gary's leg heals quickly,

I have been cleaning today. So the day has been uneventful except for the highway department ran over and cut our phone line that runs on top of the ground for about 1/4 mile. 2nd time it has been cut in the last month! This phone company is beginning to be a pain in my behinny. If it wasn't so darn hot, I'd take a shovel and bury it myself. Danny was just coming in from the hayfield and saw the hwy guy mow over it and he stopped and spliced it back together...now that is a good customer!

www.coffmanspinningcfarm.blogspot.com
"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

"A happy heart makes the face cheerful..." Proverbs 15:13

Go to Top of Page

Cavalli Runner
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Brenda
Mercer MO
USA
249 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  4:09:43 PM  Show Profile
Sarita,
You are so right. There are good people and bad people in ALL professions. And there are good people who have bad days! I always try to give people the benefit of the doubt. Maybe someone was giving her a hard time about something earlier and your sil's question put her over the top! I know, for me, it is usually the straws that I over-react to...not the logs! I don't know why that is.
Your husband must be a God-send to you! I consider myself blessed to have the one I have, too. He can be such a man sometimes (if you know what I mean), but he is awfully handy to have around most of the time...and he makes me laugh.
Praying for Guy and his family. There is nothing more stressful than having the head of the household down and out.
LOVE the loom Angie...only in my dreams!
And Monica, I am fairly drooling over that yarn...someday!

Happy Farming!
Brenda Larson

You can give without loving, but you can't love without giving.

http://cavallirunfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  4:28:37 PM  Show Profile
Yes Sarita there are some wonderful medical people just those rotten apples stand out for some reason

Angie love the loom, jealous of you but in a good way. I will have my hands full just trying to clean wool and spin!!!

Rae

Farm Girl #647

...those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles:...

Go to Top of Page

grace gerber
True Blue Farmgirl

2804 Posts

grace
larkspur colorado
USA
2804 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  4:45:21 PM  Show Profile
I will place Guy and his family in the prayer circle for tonight. I reminds us all that we are bless to be standing. Over the 18 years I struggled with my husbands many life threating illness I have seen it all in the medical profession. I can only say like in life there are angels amongst us and then there are the rest. That is why I tried to teach my sons - no matter what give a 120% and remember this could be your last day so make it count and treat those around with care. Too bad that is not how others view their job or life.

Thank you for asking - the bird is still trying to perfect flying and landing. Casper's swelling around his mouth has gone down so he is eating better. Cash is still limping but has eaten well and took it easy today - so all the four leggeds are doing well. Now if only I could get rid of this screaming headache. However, still stand so that is what matters.

Rae, your doing just great - think of how far you have come in such a short time. You have learned a ton and soon you will be into it all and wonder what life was like without all these fiber addictions.

Anyone interested in some sweet earrings - I just found two more pairs of the silver hand shear earrings? I will try to take a good picture of them if anyone is interested... I thought I had sold out but silly me - found them tucked away in my display suitcase. I even found some Sterlin Silver Sheep Pins and a Llama Pin too. Amazing what I find when I really look.. Let me know if anyone wants a peak..

Grace Gerber
Larkspur Funny Farm and Fiber Art Studio

Where the spirits are high and the fiber is deep
http://www.larkspurfunnyfarm.etsy.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.blogspot.com
http://larkspurfunnyfarm.artfire.com
Go to Top of Page

Little Red Caboose
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Angie
Three Rivers Michigan
USA
89 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2010 :  7:35:15 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like everyone is having some major life stresses. Take a deep breath ladies. Ahhhhhhh.... I've got everyone and their families including the four-legged one in my prayers. Blessing to everyone.

I had a frustrating moment today with the loom. I had all the heddles detangled and was just leveling out the harnesses. I DROPPED THE DARN THING! The funny thing was, the warping was stored so perfectly that all I had to do was detangle those heddles, string it through the reeds and I was set. No, I spent a good part of the day on my stomach on the floor re-detangling the heddles. It's set now though. Tomorrow I'm off to the Local Yarn Shop to get one of those thingamabobbers to pull the warp through the reed. (Can't think of the name for it, but I'll find one darn it! :)

Sending hugs,
Angie

Farmgirl Sister # 1940
http://happeningsofangieandwayne.blogspot.com/

Edited by - Little Red Caboose on Jul 28 2010 7:39:11 PM
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2010 :  06:43:26 AM  Show Profile
We got about 2 inches of rain last night and it has cooled some, so my sheep are sleeping in this morning.

Sheri and Rae, have you got your fiber washed? I still have a few fleeces and need to get them washed and out of here. I am going to finish house cleaning today. I also need to go over to the school to get my office ready. Sheri, I can't get lavender to grow on this farm...I have purchased plants several different years and they just never bloom and don't make it through the winter. Your wands sound lovely.

Ang, sounds like it was a tedious job but it will be worth it and now you can start weaving...how about some larger messenger bags? How wide is the warping?

Monica, did you get your pattern picked out? Do you like to knit lace? I have never tried that real fine lace...don't know why.

Brenda, I agree about the splinters and the logs. I really enjoyed your background story...you have waited and served the Lord, I am sure your life on your farm will be a reward.

Lori, I know you are probably getting ready for your show...did the rain and cool front get to you?

We continue to pray for Guy and family.

Got lots to do, need to hit it.

Sarita

"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2010 :  10:17:46 AM  Show Profile
Sarita, In all fairness I have most often dealt with wonderful nurses. I had a wonderful nurse practitioner when I was pregnant with Hannah and she was great! I had a mid wife with Isaiah that ought to teach doctors how to treat patients! She was an absolute gem. So was the nurse that was there when Isaiah was born! She stayed for about 3 hours after her shift was over because she didn't want to just take off. Then when I had Olivia the doctor didn't make it to the hospital in time and Ramona the nurse on duty delivered her!
Up until now I honestly can't remember ever having to deal with a nurse that was not polite at the least, but these two that put Gary in the car just ought to be slapped or at least rolled down a desert hill and then thrown into a car! It was so hard to see that, that I cried almost all the way home! The doctor wasn't much better! He never even really looked at Gary except to do the stitches!
I have to say that it is a job that I could not do! I snipped out Gary's stitches for him and that was it for me!

Brenda, I know exactly what you mean about being such a man sometimes!! Thank you for the compliments on the yarn and yes, you will get there someday, especially if you keep hanging around with us! We are great enablers!

Angie, I hope the loom is going well today!

Sarita, I haven't picked out a pattern yet! I have a book on shawl patterns from Estonia and a book on traditional lace shawls and there are so many beautiful ones that I am going to have to sit down and figure out a favorite one! That will be hard!

I hope you all have a great day!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2010 :  10:44:30 AM  Show Profile
Monica, I know your shawl will look wonderful whatever you choose, you are so good with fine work. I am so glad that you have had some nice nurses...Gary just got some poor care...did you report this to the hospital? Did it storm out your way yesterday?

Brenda, did you get much rain last night?

Grace, did you get any of the hail...the pictures on the weather channel looked awful, almost like a blizzard had hit.

We just went to the melon patch and there is a few small melons and we usually are picking 25-40 lb melons this time of year. The greenbeans had washed out and the tomatoes are so little and just blooming. No laying vegetables back this year.

I am going to go upstairs and work this afternoon. Putting on the tunes and doing some weaving.
Hope you all have a good day!

Go to Top of Page

lsarah
True Blue Farmgirl

256 Posts

Lori
Greenwood Arkansas
USA
256 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2010 :  11:30:57 AM  Show Profile
Just waiting on Stan to finish up some last minute chores before we pull out! The camper is full to the brim (minus 3 children and 3 dogs that usually accompany us!) and I hope I haven't forgotten anything. We will be back late Sunday afternoon - I hate missing Sunday school this week, we are in Luke 18 and talking about when Jesus advised his disciples never to cease praying. Love that principle! This should be a good sale, though, and a good opportunity to get my name out more!

Grace - I cannot believe someone is claiming your fiber as their own in Phat Fiber! Of all the sneaky, low things to do! Might not hurt to drop a line Jessie's way so she is aware. Can't imagine that is a morally acceptable way of doing things!

Sarita, it did get cooler the other night, but "cooler" is a relative term! It went from 98 to 90. The night before was when we got rain and it went from 101 to 77 in 20 minutes!

Angie~I love the loom! I am trying to decide right now whether or not to get one. All the terminology seems so confusing. The wood is gorgeous! You will have to post pictures when it is all up and running and show off some of your creations!

~Lori

She works with eager hands...Proverbs 31:13
http://www.sarahkatefibers.etsy.com
www.sarahkatefibers.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2010 :  11:55:04 AM  Show Profile
Sell out, Lori. I can see spinners standing in line to get to your fiber now!

It is hot and humid so we are just lazy today.

Go to Top of Page

Cavalli Runner
True Blue Farmgirl

249 Posts

Brenda
Mercer MO
USA
249 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2010 :  12:45:28 PM  Show Profile
Sarita, we didn't get a drop of rain last night, but we did get some cooler temps, so I figured somebody got some! I am now a follower on your blog. I want to get on and follow some of these others, too.
One of these days we will have to have an "All Things Sheep and Goats" get-together!

Happy Farming!
Brenda Larson

You can give without loving, but you can't love without giving.

http://cavallirunfarm.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2010 :  12:48:22 PM  Show Profile
Lori, I hope you sell out too! I got a book called Learning to Weave by Deborah Chandler and it really good about all the terminology! It makes it seem so much less intimidating!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Keeper of the Past
True Blue Farmgirl

925 Posts

Sarita
Battle Creek Michigan
USA
925 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2010 :  1:47:01 PM  Show Profile
That book is a great one to have and I also got here DVD on 4 harness weaving and it is excellent.

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2010 :  2:26:46 PM  Show Profile
Sarita, We haven't gotten but a few drops of rain, but it's starting to thunder so I think i am going to shut off the computer for now! Pray we actually get some rain!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2010 :  2:42:03 PM  Show Profile
good afternoon all. Hit the gardens early this morning trying to get the weeds under control before the heat set in. Also managed to finally finish the toe of the last sock in a pair I have been working on for my daughter for her birthday. Of course they are now about 2 weeks late....seems like every time I picked them up, the phone would ring.

I have been harvesting more lavender this afternoon and getting ready to weave a few more wands. The trick to growing lavender, Sarita is good drainage. Lavender hates wet feet. We have really sandy soil here so keeping things wet enough is more of a problem than being too wet. They also don't need much care - you don't want to fuss with them very much. I hope you are having a relaxing afternoon at your loom.

Your yarn looks great, Monica. I finally finished my singles. It looks like they are around 42 wpi. My biggest problem is not putting enough twist in when I ply the fine stuff. How much did you put in yours? I love to knit lace. That is when I absolutely don't answer the phone. The best thing I ever learned when knitting a complex lace pattern is to put in safety lines about every 10 rows. A friend showed me this and I couldn't for the life of me figure out why I hadn't thought of it before.

Good luck on your sales, Lori. I hope you sell out of everything you brought.

Hope the hail missed you Grace. We got some rain last night but not enough to help the fire danger very much but sure made the air feel thick.

I still have one more fleece to pick and wash. I've been putting it off a bit in the hope that it would cool back down at least into the low 80's.
Guess I should get off of here and start weaving before my stems dry out too much.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

Old Spirit
True Blue Farmgirl

1498 Posts

Rae
MN
1498 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2010 :  4:50:19 PM  Show Profile
Hi all!! Spent most of the day in Duluth to do some shopping I really hate it but had to be done and now it is!

No haven't gotten all my wool washed yet, need to have Kevin set up a screen like thing, I can see it in my mind, and shake the wool out good and set up on that so can pick through that which has a chance and that which is just too poopified

Rain in our forecast tomorrow and Saturday and then again Monday I think. Yesterday was perfect didn't even have to put on air!

Thank you all for prayers, they took Barb off ventilator and she is breathing on her own but no brain waves

Rae

Farm Girl #647

Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2010 :  6:17:04 PM  Show Profile
Sheri, I realized at first with the first single that I really wasn't putting enough twist in it so every so often I would take a section a few inches long and let it wind back on itself to see that it had enough twist!

Well we got a tiny bit of rain, but not enough to do more than make it more humid!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Sheep Mom 2
True Blue Farmgirl

1534 Posts

Sheri
Elk WA
USA
1534 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2010 :  7:02:17 PM  Show Profile
Monica, My singles are ok. The last time I plied the lace weight, I found after I started working with it that there wasn't enough twists in the ply so it tended to split while I was knitting it. How many twists per inch did you ply it? Splits in the ply are a real headache in knitting lace so I fought with the count the whole project.

Blessings, Sheri

"Work is Love made visible" -Kahlil Gibran
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2010 :  7:11:52 PM  Show Profile
I am not sure how many twists per inch are in it. I will have to check! I have to say that I did realize that i was not putting enough twist in the ply so I redid about 50 yards of it with more twist and then kept and eye on it closer as I plied it!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Little Red Caboose
True Blue Farmgirl

89 Posts

Angie
Three Rivers Michigan
USA
89 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2010 :  8:19:08 PM  Show Profile
Something to make everyone smile. This is my sweet little mil with my prize tomato, which is now her prize tomato!

Farmgirl Sister # 1940
http://happeningsofangieandwayne.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2010 :  8:27:35 PM  Show Profile
Angie, The picture absolutely made me smile!! Thank you for sharing!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 157 Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic All Things Sheep and Goats Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page