Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 too many people at school to give to help!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic too many people at school to give to help! Next Topic  

bohemiangel
True Blue Farmgirl

2087 Posts

Bridget
Ligonier pa
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2008 :  1:11:20 PM  Show Profile  Send bohemiangel an AOL message  Click to see bohemiangel's MSN Messenger address  Send bohemiangel a Yahoo! Message
Ok I'd LOVE to give something handmade and small to the teachers at my school. I have 8 females, 2 men, principal, secretary, and 3 part timers, and a lunch lady that is like a grandma to me (always tries to feed me) ANY thoughts?! I have to budget too, this is what is bothering me. Just something lil and nice.

**~~Farmgirl Sister #60~~**
"... to thine ownself be true."
http://ligonierfarmgirl.blogspot.com/
http://liggygirl.blogspot.com/
http://liggybitsandpieces.blogspot.com/
http://ligonierliving.blogspot.com/

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2008 :  2:02:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
How about knitting or crocheting some quick scarves? Or you can do Christmas ornaments! I know a way to make Christmas ornaments using a styrofoam ball, squares of fabric, and pins. It ends up creating these fantastic ornaments that look quilted!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

emsmommy5
True Blue Farmgirl

1547 Posts

Angie
Buckley WA
USA
1547 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2008 :  3:25:44 PM  Show Profile
The girls and I have been making the cutest pens with sculpey colored clay. It works out to be a really adorable, but very inexpensive gift item. I am making them for Christmas to put with handmade stationary and cards.

Farmgirl #208

What are you doing with your dash?
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2008 :  4:57:37 PM  Show Profile
Cookies. Slide them in a nice brown bag that you can decorate with scraps of cloth or ribbon. Tie on a tag and there ya go.

http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/

Cheryl #309
Farm girl sister

Enjoy the little things in life....someday you'll look back and realize they were the big things.
Go to Top of Page

willowtreecreek
True Blue Farmgirl

4813 Posts

Julie
Russell AR
USA
4813 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2008 :  6:26:21 PM  Show Profile
I teach and I always like to give all the principals, cafeteria workers, custodians etc a gift and it can get very pricy. About 6 years ago I started making all of them a handmade ornament of some kind. It was handmade, took a little time but wasn't overly expensive. Every year I get comments on what I make and how they always look forward to what I will come up with next year! It has been a big hit.

Farmgirl Sister #17
Blog
www.willowtreecreek.wordpress.com
Felt and Fabric Crafts
www.willowartist.etsy.com
www.willowtreecreek.com
Go to Top of Page

palmettogirl
True Blue Farmgirl

571 Posts

sue
camden south carolina
USA
571 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2008 :  05:58:08 AM  Show Profile
hey, just remember, it's the thought that counts! i've given my kid's teachers a variety of things. last year i gave the guy teachers a bag of pretzel sticks and a bottle of a fancy mustard to dip them in....everyone seemed to like it. sometimes bath & body works will run specials with hand cream....i gave a bunch of women teachers a tube of that in vanilla/brown sugar with a few sugar cookes (handmade) wrapped up in a cute bag with ribbon.
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4741 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4741 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2008 :  06:24:08 AM  Show Profile
How about Truffles? The kids can help you make them too. There's lots of simple recipes out there to make them. I put them in the small decorative party bags & tie them with a colorful bow. People love them.

For the ladies, you could make bath salts. There's lots of simple recipes, cheap but pretty containers and again the kids can help you assemble them.

Have fun making something for everyone. It is the thought that counts & a little handmade something shows how thoughtful you really are!

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

Forrester Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

703 Posts

Ann
Belmont MI
USA
703 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2008 :  06:34:00 AM  Show Profile
Great ideas. Mini bread loafs are great too - banana bread or cranberry bread seems to always be a welcome gift. I love using the white lunch bags with a raffia bow for packaging (after you fold the top down and hole punch the openings). Cookies, homemade candies, etc. are always a hit.

Ann
Forrester Farm
www.forresterfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

velvetcadi7
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Amy
Galva IL
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2008 :  07:03:00 AM  Show Profile
My kids make a variety of candy - chocolate covered pretzels, fudge, turtles. We make a couple of things a day for about a week and then mix and match goodie bags for everyone.
Go to Top of Page

Homespun Livin
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Brenda
Louisiana
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2008 :  07:10:51 AM  Show Profile
Hey Alee,
Could you email me the directions to make the ornament you mentioned?

"Love one another."
Go to Top of Page

gramadinah
True Blue Farmgirl

3557 Posts

Diana
Orofino ID
USA
3557 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2008 :  07:11:00 AM  Show Profile
I always liked to give some thing to eat. If you had 35 kids and if everybody gave you a ornement or a scarf you had you had 35 scarfs for ornements each year time 20 years. With food you could freeze and enjoy for a while.
Diana

Farmgirl Sister #273
Go to Top of Page

StarMeadow
True Blue Farmgirl

940 Posts

T
MI
940 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2008 :  11:58:48 PM  Show Profile
I usually give all my secretaries ornaments too. It's kinda become a "tradition" for me. I usually pick them up in KY when I visit at Thanksgiving. I've found this wonderful woman locally who always does a small craft show and paints ornies. One year I bought out her patriotic wooden Santa stars and the other I cleaned her out of these adorable snowmen made out of lightbulbs! I like cookies though. Cookies just scream holidays. One year though I helped my girlfriend make homemade caramels. Yum!
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic too many people at school to give to help! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page