Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Make It Easy
 Discovered my love for scraps!!!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Make It Easy: Previous Topic Discovered my love for scraps!!!!!! Next Topic  

Ani Pani
Farmgirl in Training

18 Posts

Aniela
San Francisco Ca
USA
18 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2008 :  4:58:10 PM  Show Profile
I went to a halloween party "flowers themed" with my friends and since I was going to get out of work late i figured I would not dress up!! well i was wrong!! i have sooo many scraps of fabric, etc from crafts ive done here and there and I have to say...I am now a bigggg fan of scraps!!!

You could do soooo much with them! I did not want to be the boring one not dressed up so I started to brainstorm of making a simple halloween costume that I could easily slip on since I was getting out of work late. Well I was a daisy!!!! haha. I had white felt scraps that I cut and turned into petals. I practiced my newly learned stitching!! sewed the petals together and stuffed them for a pillowy look. I also had some wire from a previous project so I used wire inside of the stuffed petals to hold the petals up and sewed yellow fabric on the back side and created a 'head band' daisy flower hat with the petals all around my face.!! I wore a green shirt and I was set for halloween!!. I even got great compliments on the work!! It was a hit !! Love scraps and stitching! Any fun "Make it easy" stories??!!

(*_*)y

bbteacher
True Blue Farmgirl

134 Posts

Bonnie
BALTIMORE Maryland
USA
134 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2008 :  5:45:37 PM  Show Profile
Would love to see pictures! I bet it looked great!

Bonnie
Farmgirl Sister #333
Go to Top of Page

hanlonfive
Farmgirl in Training

39 Posts

Kelli
Galion Ohio
USA
39 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2008 :  5:56:53 PM  Show Profile  Send hanlonfive a Yahoo! Message
Awesome! It is a very few that can look at something and make it into something:)

Kelli

"Not all who wander are lost".

Visit my blog!
http://2dreamlucid.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Make It Easy: Previous Topic Discovered my love for scraps!!!!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page