Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2008 :  06:53:42 AM  Show Profile
For all of us "daylight- saving" farmgirls, today's the day to make sure that all of your clocks have fallen back an hour. My husband almost went to work at 5am this morning because...ummmmm...SOMEONE (who, ME?!?!?!) forgot to change the clocks late last night. Now, HOW in the WORLD did THAT become MY job?!?!?!

And speaking of "falling back," I have been so busy and all over the place on the farm and in life in general, that I haven't been as active here posting as I was and as I'm about to be. So, here's a hearty farmgirl welcome to those of you who I don't "know" yet, and a "hey, how are ya'!!!" to those of you who I've missed!!!

XOXO, Libbie

"Farmgirl Sister #10," and proud of it!!!

Forrester Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

703 Posts

Ann
Belmont MI
USA
703 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2008 :  07:38:17 AM  Show Profile
Hi Libbie,

I've been MIA a bit lately too. Welcome back to you and howdy to all! It has been fun to catch up a bit.

Even though I know that it is "fall back" - I've been thinking that the whole day "sprung forward" and that it is later than it really is. With the adventure of my horses getting loose this am, I've been all confused and even missed getting ready for church in time.

Ann
Forrester Farm
www.forresterfarm.com
Go to Top of Page

Libbie
Farmgirl Connection Cultivator

3579 Posts

Anne E.
Elsinore Utah
USA
3579 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2008 :  09:34:20 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Ann - and welcome back to you, too! Isn't a time change weird? This morning has been all messed up for us, too. Mostly just kid-wise. Let's see, they ate breakfast at 5:00AM, so does it make it lunch time yet?!?!?

XOXO, Libbie

"Farmgirl Sister #10," and proud of it!!!
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2008 :  12:40:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Welcome back, Libbie and Ann!! I think summer was a busy time for all of us, and now that the gardens are put to rest we can all reconnect with each other a bit. I can't wait till this school semester is put to rest!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4742 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4742 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2008 :  1:11:06 PM  Show Profile
So good to hear from you again Libbie! We are having a glorious day here in the Chicago area. Thanks to the "fall back" in time, my 5 year old son & I spent the whole morning in Naperville hiking down the river walk. It was just gorgeous, the trees here are in full autumn color.

Dawn in IL
Go to Top of Page

K-Falls Farmgirl
Chapter Leader

2096 Posts

Cheryl
Klamath Falls Oregon
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2008 :  4:49:23 PM  Show Profile
Welcome back Libbie and Ann . Clock/Time changes are just one more way of confusing this old broad!

http://www.k-fallsfarmgirl.blogspot.com/

Cheryl #309
Farm girl sister

Enjoy the little things in life....someday you'll look back and realize they were the big things.
Go to Top of Page

Alpaca Farmgirl
True Blue Farmgirl

59 Posts

Katy
Fairhope AL
USA
59 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2008 :  5:48:47 PM  Show Profile
I LOVE when the clocks change back. It means less worries about heat and we can settle into our pleasant season here in Alabama. Summers are rough, Winters are like Disney World!

Katy, Alpaca Farmgirl in AL

Visit me at www.alpacafarmgirl.com
Go to Top of Page

Aunt Jenny
True Blue Farmgirl

11381 Posts

Jenny
middle of Utah
USA
11381 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2008 :  7:23:19 PM  Show Profile
I am looking forward to sending my kids off to school tomorrow at 7:25 NOT in the dark!! But..I will be out milking in the morning before daylight anyhow. I enjoyed the extra hour this morning. I didn't forget. I was SOOOOO looking forward to it. It does sure seem like the kids should be in bed by now though!! They have 35 more minutes..haha.

Jenny in Utah
Proud Farmgirl sister #24
Inside me there is a skinny woman crying to get out...but I can usually shut her up with cookies
http://www.auntjennysworld.blogspot.com/ visit my little online shop at www.auntjenny.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2008 :  10:33:01 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
Nora was falling asleep in her High Chair even though she technically had another half hour in real time before her Normal bed time. I hope she sleeps in tomorrow!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Forrester Farm
True Blue Farmgirl

703 Posts

Ann
Belmont MI
USA
703 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2008 :  09:51:59 AM  Show Profile
I have to confess, my garden is not yet properly put "to rest" for the winter. I worked on it all last week, and this week is just going to be beautiful. Looking forward to sore muscles again - not really - but am looking forward to having it done. Where are those garden fairies when you need them? The closest I've found has been worms and praying mantises - which is exciting in itself.

Ann
Forrester Farm
www.forresterfarm.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Fall Back... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page