Author Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic ABC Gum Next Topic  

chicken necker
True Blue Farmgirl

509 Posts

Sherry
Eastern Shore Maryland
USA
509 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2008 :  7:26:32 PM  Show Profile  Send chicken necker an AOL message
Reading the Pez problem, I was reminded of something that happened to us. I firmly believe in the 5 second rule when it concerns cookies and anything chocolate. But I have to draw the line to anything gummy or chewy ....and here's why.
My youngest daughter was only about 2 years old at the time. We lived in a townhouse development. She and her sister were riding their tricycles up and down the sidewalk, turning around at the corners, the end of our townhouse block. I always watched over them by sitting on the steps to our house. They would ride back and forth turning the corner and returning going past me. One trip past me, and I realize Megan is chewing gum. Well, she didn't start out that way, so I stopped her "in traffic". "Where did you get the gum?" She responded "Over there." and pointed to the end of the block. I walked with her so she could show me. Me being a neurotic mom, I wanted to know "Who" gave her the gum. God forbid some creep handed her some poisoned gum! There was no one there. I tried to remain calm and questioned her again. "Megan, who gave you the gum?" "No body" "Where did you get the gum?" "Right there." pointing to the sidewalk.
OMG! She had picked the gum off of the sidewalk and was now chewing it!
This is where I stopped being a mom and turned into a freak. I started to gag, hyperventilate and worse. Dad came out to find me bent over the banister heaving my guts up. I just kept pointing to Megan and trying to say "Get. Get. Get the gum out of her mouth!"

FarmGirl Sister #123

Crafty Bay FarmGirls Chapter

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, either way, you're right." Henry Ford

Alee
True Blue Farmgirl

22941 Posts

Alee
Worland Wy
USA
22941 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2008 :  9:02:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Alee a Yahoo! Message
EWWW EWWW EWWW Doing the icky dance over here!!

Alee
Farmgirl Sister #8
www.awarmheart.com
Please come visit Nora and me on our blog: www.farmgirlalee.blogspot.com
Put your pin on the farmgirl map! www.farmgirlmap.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

oldfashioned girl
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

monica
oatman az
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2008 :  9:41:07 PM  Show Profile
Sherry, I laughed so hard when I read that,only because I could so relate! My first thought was Oh my gosh if someone gave it to her and my next thought when I read the rest was the same as Alee's! ICK,ICK,ICK!!!!!!!

Monica
farmgirls rule!

www.justducky48.etsy.com
Go to Top of Page

wild daisy
True Blue Farmgirl

503 Posts

Madelynne
Billings Montana
USA
503 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2008 :  1:04:02 PM  Show Profile
Oh, out of the mouth of baby's. Really. I just have to laugh the things our children do or find never ends.

Madelynne
Go to Top of Page
  Parenting & Farm Kids: Previous Topic ABC Gum Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page